ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 104
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:13 PM 01-12-2020
"I'll take just about anybody! Anybody else can figure out the clock! That's all we need! Andy hasn't been able to figure out the clock and never will!"
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:12 PM 01-12-2020
I wasn't in the game thread but I'm guessing Andy Reid punting on 4th down down 14 - 0 was controversial. That includes me. Andy Reid deserves a ton of credit for today. It wasn't his fault we were down early. But the team fed off his incredible poise in the comeback. Even at their worse, the team never looked down on their spirits.

I wonder how many will compare our decision to punt on this drive to Obrien going for the fake. Arguably two pivotal game changers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:29 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wasn't in the game thread but I'm guessing Andy Reid punting on 4th down down 14 - 0 was controversial. That includes me. Andy Reid deserves a ton of credit for today. It wasn't his fault we were down early. But the team fed off his incredible poise in the comeback. Even at their worse, the team never looked down on their spirits.

I wonder how many will compare our decision to punt on this drive to Obrien going for the fake. Arguably two pivotal game changers.
Chief Fan wanted to, somehow, blame Andy for all the fluke crap that put us in that hole. It's insanely stupid, but it's what we do around here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:36 AM 01-13-2020
the golden age

Andy Reid is going to his 7th conference championship game in 21 seasons as head coach

Only Bill Belichick and Tom Landry have coached in more

Do you want to see Big Red win his first Super Bowl? pic.twitter.com/YyRPKDUfhK

— John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) January 12, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:37 AM 01-13-2020
wallcrawler was begging for more runs
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:22 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Some idiots were calling for a college coach. I'm not kidding. Chief Fans, man.
What coach? I don't remember anyone saying they wanted a college head coach, but I also haven't been real active this year. I don't think any college coach should ever take over for an NFL team that went to the playoffs.

I argued with someone in another thread, but college coaches, even great college coaches fail in the NFL. Even the greatest college coach of all time failed in the NFL.

Jimmy Johnson (I am not counting Switzer because he was just the baby sitter for that team) is the only real success story in the modern NFL when it comes to true college head coaches successfully transitioning to the NFL.

Jimmy Johnson used his familiarity of elite college teams and their personnel, along with the multiple picks acquired in the worst trade in NFL history, to rebuild an old and aging roster into a young, fast, and talented roster.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wallcrawler was begging for more runs
Probably should've run the ball more so they could've set the Texans defense up for the 2nd half.

Sure, the Texans DL was on their knees and gasping for air as the Chiefs were setting up to take a 28-24 lead, but I've been told that defending the pass doesn't tire defenders out so it must've just been the cold.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:43 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Probably should've run the ball more so they could've set the Texans defense up for the 2nd half.

Sure, the Texans DL was on their knees and gasping for air as the Chiefs were setting up to take a 28-24 lead, but I've been told that defending the pass doesn't tire defenders out so it must've just been the cold.
I admit I laughed when Mahomes ran around the edge and JJ Watt took about 3 steps and stopped like, fuck it I can't catch him.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:00 AM 01-13-2020
Guys

Marty would have coached it better, since he is apparently arguably better
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:22 AM 01-13-2020
It was sickening to see all of the dorks calling for Andy's head in the first quarter when:
Kelce drops a wide open first down.
Robinson drops a wide open first down.
Hill muffs a punt within his own 10 yard line.
Fisher false starts.
Robinson drops another big pass.
A blocked punt.

PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:31 AM 01-13-2020

It was great to see Andy Reid keep his foot on the gas this game.

Romo made an interesting callout that toward the end of the game we weren't even getting to third down. Wonder if that's an adjustment to our crucial third down drops. If you go for the throat three times vs chipping away at a first down, it's easier to overcome drops.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:48 AM 01-13-2020

:-):-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:27 AM 01-13-2020
It was pretty entertaining to play the freakish caricature of all of Andy Reid's supposed flaws in Bill OBrien. Take a step back and realize that Reid, even with his legitimate flaws, isn't nearly as bad as you've convinced yourselves he is.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:30 AM 01-13-2020
Andy has been remarkable in the 2nd half of the season and yesterday as well...

Never hated the guy but was an outspoken critic and I'm definitely readying the crow to eat.

I hope he does, I really want to see him win a Super Bowl.

Yesterday was the day it hit me just how lucky we have it...I get it now, I was foolish before.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It was great to see Andy Reid keep his foot on the gas this game.

Romo made an interesting callout that toward the end of the game we weren't even getting to third down. Wonder if that's an adjustment to our crucial third down drops. If you go for the throat three times vs chipping away at a first down, it's easier to overcome drops.
2 of 8 on 3rd downs w/ something like 6 dropped passes.

And they scored 51 points.

That game was just unreal.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 104
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up