ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official KU vs MU Hurricane Relief Exhibition Game****
CoMoChief 01:43 PM 10-22-2017
Anyone buying the ppv?
[Reply]
hawkchief 07:29 AM 10-23-2017
Self is calling the shots - period. Amazing how he leveraged a frothing-at-the-mouth Mzzou fan base so crazed for relevance after they SEC’d and Black Lives Matters’d themselves (thanks to Alden and Pinkel) into a charity bonanza. To punctuate matters he made it clear that there won’t be further games with BLM- U.
[Reply]
Best22 07:46 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
Self is calling the shots - period. Amazing how he leveraged a frothing-at-the-mouth Mzzou fan base so crazed for relevance after they SEC’d and Black Lives Matters’d themselves (thanks to Alden and Pinkel) into a charity bonanza. To punctuate matters he made it clear that there won’t be further games with BLM- U.
Both fan bases sold out. It's always a big game, especially with the talent on both teams

Glad Mizzou players got the experience. Much better preseason game than UCM.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:46 AM 10-23-2017
The funny thing is there were an allotment of 9,000 tickets each made available to both season ticket holders fan bases. The 'frothing MU fan base' bought theirs up quickly, but then you know what else happened? So did KU's. All of em. As in STH's, many or most of which are alums.

So it would seem some are being a bit dishonest or disenginous when they surmise that only the MU fanbase wanted to see this game happen . . . . .
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:59 AM 10-23-2017
Self knows the fanbase and alums from both schools in KC area want this.

But when youre king of the mountain you sometimes get to have the most influence and can set your own rules. Self knows this.

And it very well may be a personal thing with Self. Thats fine. MU stiffed him out of a job once before and then later almost ruined the Big12. If Self says fuck'em then fuck'em. MU doesnt need to prop up the rebuild of their program at KU's expense. Let UK handle that.

Bottom line is, Self understands MU needs this more than KU does. And as long as thats the case I dont think hes going to do as much as throw out any breadcrumbs for MU. If he holds a grudge so be it. Sucks for the people that loved and grew up watching the rivalry in KC area though. Each game was electric...esp the ones in Columbia when MU actually had a shot at winning.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:04 AM 10-23-2017
Looked like Self cared more about winning this than Zo. Went all out lulz.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:07 AM 10-23-2017
Is MU replacing UMKC on KU’s exhibition schedule or was this a one off type thing?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:08 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Looked like Self cared more about winning this than Zo. Went all out lulz.
What does this even mean?

From the sounds of it - and I didn't watch - Self played this preseason game like he has played every preseason game for the past 14 years. I guess that means he "went all out"?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
And it very well may be a personal thing with Self. Thats fine. MU stiffed him out of a job once before and then later almost ruined the Big12.
Lets don't be rewriting history.

What soured people and universities on the Big 12 was the mistake of giving all that power to Texas. Thats the core reason. Mizzou leaving was just the effect, not the cause.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 AM 10-23-2017
Some of you really need to learn to just enjoy the game .....
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:13 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Except for the fact that KU specifically designs their non-conference schedule each year to ensure they have the best RPI possible for the selection process. They're not regularly scheduling a terrible Missouri program just because some of the fanbase wants that rivalry again.
Yeah, that's some non-con schedule. How did you guys survive that juggernaut?

Indiana 18–16
Duke 28–9
Siena 17–17
UAB 17–16
Georgia 19–15
UNC Asheville 23–10
Long Beach State 15–19
Stanford 14–17
UMKC 18–17
Nebraska 12–19
Davidson 17–15
UNLV 11–21
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:14 AM 10-23-2017
Yeah, SELF doesn't want the games against Mizzou. That's fine. And I get it. For whatever reason you wanna throw out there.

But for KU fans to act like none of their fanbase wants it either is disenginous. Especially when you look at the PPV numbers and the entire KU ticket allotment that was also quickly bought up by KU STH's.

But I'm sure they were just being nice and doing that for charity . . . . . . :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:16 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, that's some non-con schedule. How did you guys survive that juggernaut?

Indiana 18–16
Duke 28–9
Siena 17–17
UAB 17–16
Georgia 19–15
UNC Asheville 23–10
Long Beach State 15–19
Stanford 14–17
UMKC 18–17
Nebraska 12–19
Davidson 17–15
UNLV 11–21
KenPom Connection lives in a fantasy world.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:18 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yeah, SELF doesn't want the games against Mizzou. That's fine. And I get it. For whatever reason you wanna throw out there.

But for KU fans to act like none of their fanbase wants it either is disenginous. Especially when you look at the PPV numbers and the entire KU ticket allotment that was also quickly bought up by KU STH's.

But I'm sure they were just being nice and doing that for charity . . . . . . :-)
People here are saying that KU fans want it as a blanket statement. I see people on here that are KU fans that don't agree. I don't agree, and I don't see the need to play an MU. Yes I'm a KU fan, too. Doesn't mean that all KU fans feel that way. I always hated the rivalry because it brought out the worst in people, literally. I would want to punch friends at work because they would get so fucking ridiculous and wouldn't stfu about stuff while calling it "Passion" for MU when all they would talk about is KU. f******* off already.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:30 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Lets don't be rewriting history.

What soured people and universities on the Big 12 was the mistake of giving all that power to Texas. Thats the core reason. Mizzou leaving was just the effect, not the cause.
Lol @ the "Texas bogeyman"

You don't even know what Texas supposedly did. (It's because they did nothing). It's just a Mizzouche talking point.

1. We left to join a better conf!
2. Well, we wanted to stay, but Texas!

Pick one^
[Reply]
Best22 08:41 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lol @ the "Texas bogeyman"

You don't even know what Texas supposedly did. (It's because they did nothing). It's just a Mizzouche talking point.

1. We left to join a better conf!
2. Well, we wanted to stay, but Texas!

Pick one^
We wanted to stay, but Texas turned the conference into a pile of shite. It's showcase game of the week had an offense that couldn't even gain 22 yards.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up