[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:56 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the fans want it on both sides..
No, they don't.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:01 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think current record of team is a factor.

That sounds like a stupid fan talking point.
Except for the fact that KU specifically designs their non-conference schedule each year to ensure they have the best RPI possible for the selection process. They're not regularly scheduling a terrible Missouri program just because some of the fanbase wants that rivalry again.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:02 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Except for the fact that KU specifically designs their non-conference schedule each year to ensure they have the best RPI possible for the selection process. They're not scheduling a terrible Missouri program just because some of the fanbase wants that rivalry again.
That has literally zero to do with why we aren't playing them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:04 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That has literally zero to do with why we aren't playing them.
I'm talking about incentives. I'm well aware what the other reasons are (not that I particularly care at all about them).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:08 PM 10-22-2017
I don't think current record of team is a factor.

That sounds like a stupid fan talking point.
It is a dumb talking point.

It's about Mizzou bailing on the league and lying about it the whole time.

That said, today was a good thing if it raised charity dollars.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:10 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It is a dumb talking point.

It's about Mizzou bailing on the league and lying about it the whole time.

That said, today was a good thing if it raised charity dollars.
Zero chance that the people in charge at kansas are that petty/bitches.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:10 PM 10-22-2017
Except for the fact that KU specifically designs their non-conference schedule each year to ensure they have the best RPI possible for the selection process. They're not regularly scheduling a terrible Missouri program just because some of the fanbase wants that rivalry again.
I'm gonna let you in on a secret guy.

While college athletics tries to cloak it otherwise, they are business first and there's a heck of a lot of money in an annual game.

The unlimited blank check from networks will eventually stop coming in and the schools will have a change in tune. It's all about money.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:11 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Zero chance that the people in charge at kansas are that petty/bitches.
It only matters if alums are. And believe me, we are.

They'd get a nuclear reaction from many of us if they ever scheduled this.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:15 PM 10-22-2017
It's all about money.
Exactly. And given that, if a regular KU/MU game was such a massive game changer for KU's program rather than some other non-conference game, it obviously would have happened by now. It just isn't. The incentives are not there for them.
[Reply]
Only158 10:23 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Whatever, I love the game and the rivalry. Anyone who didn't pay attention to KC today is deluding themselves. The fans want this, and Self needs to see that.
P-R-E-A-C-H!!!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:28 PM 10-22-2017
Exactly. And given that, if a regular KU/MU game was such a massive game changer for KU's program rather than some other non-conference game, it obviously would have happened by now. It just isn't. The incentives are not there for them.
That's silly.

Bill Self has been an emotional mess because the Tigers peaced out for more money in the SEC and they were looking at a big east payout if texas, oklahoma and friends didn't reluctantly stay. It's a fair complaint.

Neither program is hurting for the extra premium that game would bring yet. That will change.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:00 AM 10-23-2017
Lulz at how much ku played their starters. Somebody wanted this game...
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 02:20 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lulz at how much ku played their starters. Somebody wanted this game...
We go 8 deep.
[Reply]
kcjoker 02:27 AM 10-23-2017
Whether it was true or not Self had a reasonable reason why he wouldn't play Missouri. Now that he gave in the KC media is going to be relentless on him about playing again. Then throw in all the local businesses that see it can be a cash cow they'll be pushing it too. As a Missouri fan I was glad to see the games go away because the rivalry became too toxic. Combine that with there was nothing to gain for their Bball and our(except for this year) football team.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:02 AM 10-23-2017
Heard there were actually losers packing the P&L. Many there hours before the game. Lulz
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up