Page 7 of 298
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:46 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Bailey would be terrible inside in a 43. But it might not be a bad idea. Houston really looks slow standing up. Jones should be a beast 3tech. If things keep going like this, it's one of those things where you almost have to look at how you can blow it up without getting like 7 new starters.
You could put Roaches inside as well
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:46 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Looks like Peters tunes him out a couple weeks ago
Sure looks like it. That DPI was as egregious as one I have ever seen, he almost clotheslined the WR while he could have turned and attempted a play on a not so difficult ball. Would he try that with Belichick coaching him?
[Reply]
booger 12:51 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Rob Ryan?

I'll just pretend you never said it, I prefer to remember you as you were :-)
He's overated. He's obnoxious and a douche. Marcus Peters would love his ass I know that! But if I am Reid and I know i'm probably going to shit can sutton after the season unless he drastically adjusts, I'd do it and hire him as a consultant just to put the heat on Sutton. Pettine would be a better fit with Reid and Gibbs would be the most logical choice if he makes a move. But Rob would be interesting for sure
[Reply]
booger 12:54 AM 10-20-2017
Rob Ryan?

I'll just pretend you never said it, I prefer to remember you as you were :-)
I'm that frustrated. I don't think firing a coordinator is the way to go during the season especially with a team sitting here at 5-2. I don't panic like this and am normally a voice of reason. But if I try to put myself in Reids shoes I'd be at my wits end.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:00 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by booger:
I'm that frustrated. I don't think firing a coordinator is the way to go during the season especially with a team sitting here at 5-2. I don't panic like this and am normally a voice of reason. But if I try to put myself in Reids shoes I'd be at my wits end.
If he can put some discipline and swag back into this unit, count me IN
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:06 AM 10-20-2017
Something was up tonight...Raiders had a 2nd and 20 and Sutton sat back and watched Carr complete a 40 yard pass? if there was ever a moment...on a final drive to blitz, that was it.

Everything about this game smells....
[Reply]
penbrook 01:08 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Something was up tonight...Raiders had a 2nd and 20 and Sutton sat back and watched Carr complete a 40 yard pass? if there was ever a moment...on a final drive to blitz, that was it.

What are you trying to say?
[Reply]
gold_and_red 01:09 AM 10-20-2017

That call was just plain incompetence!
[Reply]
penbrook 01:11 AM 10-20-2017
Why is Houston continually in coverage! Sutton...
[Reply]
booger 01:17 AM 10-20-2017
If he can put some discipline and swag back into this unit, count me IN
It's the unknowns that we have to wait on. I got to imagine Reid is just fuming over this. He wouldn't admit it publically of course. That's not him to call out players or coaches. But Sutton needs his ass chewed and to realize that they aren't going to be able to find a starting CB to replace Mitchell through trade or whatever. They can't expect Murray to just become Berry and play TE's so well man to man. Same with Sorenson. Bailey and Jones could use a breather a few more snaps a game with Nacho and Jenkins rotating. Passongo needs some fucking snaps. He's raw yes. But he isn't going to get better with maybe 5 snaps on D so far this year while being active every one of them. The plan with him was most likely having him as the emergency OLB until Tamba or Dadi come back. In the mean time why not get him some reps as an inside rusher or wide 9 rush end in situations where he wouldn't have coverage responsibility? The best time to do that is if they are up 2 scores but they haven't had that much so I can see not trusting him yet. Gaines needs benched/cut but until Nelson is healthy Bob has to adjust. I would say Pettine would be someone who would work best with Bob in a senior defensive assistant role and he did hangout and watch some practices like I mentioned. Either way Sutton needs some help cause he's obviously not adjusting.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:17 AM 10-20-2017
On the bright side we will probably have Hali, Nelson, Morse and LDT back vs Donks 11 days from now. That means no more Gaines and maybe Hali has something left and for the o line that means no more Erving. Our run game should be back to where it was.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:18 AM 10-20-2017
What are you trying to say?
I'm saying Carr is terrible under pressure and Sutton knows this. He is good when passing from a clean pocket. KC's DBs are struggling...so why rush 3 and give him all day? It was as if KC was in prevent the entire game...

It was a completely backwards-ass way to call a game against this particular QB...hence giving up almost 500 yards. KC had throttled him in the past...

Reid is a company man, a NFL "lifer"...and Sutton has been around. Let's just say they know how things really work.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:20 AM 10-20-2017
I'm saying Carr is terrible under pressure and Sutton knows this. He is good when passing from a clean pocket. KC's DBs are struggling...so why rush 3 and give him all day? It was as if KC was in prevent the entire game...

It was a completely backwards-ass way to call a game against this particular QB.

Reid is a company man, a NFL "lifer"...and Sutton has been around. Let's just say they know how things really work.
If Sutton were to be fired who would you want to be the DC? Honestly I would try Gibbs or Al Harris
[Reply]
booger 01:23 AM 10-20-2017
Why is Houston continually in coverage! Sutton...
the Sam in this scheme has coverage responsibilities depending on the call and offensive formation. The other OLB, the Rush, does as well. Especially when everyone else is in man coverage. You don't just let the back or TE run free. It's worse without a dominant CB accross from Peters and without Berry. Also with DJ on his last legs. He needs to play more zone. He doesn't have the players to run his D as aggressive as he wants with the amount of injuries, inexperience, flaws in the safties, etc.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:24 AM 10-20-2017
If Sutton were to be fired who would you want to be the DC? Honestly I would try Gibbs or Al Harris
I dont want him to be fired...I dont want him throwing games to keep his job either.

My take is Reid has been "green lighted"...so they are helping keep parity. Be nice to your masters for table scraps later...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 298
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up