ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Offseason Plan 9/24/17
kccrow 07:54 PM 09-24-2017
Extensions:

Marcus Peters, CB
(reference J. Norman)
5 years, $80 million with $15 million signing bonus and $40 million fully guaranteed (19/20 salaries and bonus).

Mitch Morse, OC
(reference B. Linder, T. Frederick, J. Britt, A. Mack)
5 years, $50 million, $5 million signing bonus, salary guarantees for 19/20, and $4 million roster bonus in 2023 for potential $23.5 in guarantees.

Estimated 2018 Net Increase Against Cap: $4 million

Re-Sign:

Bennie Logan, DT
(reference D. Harrison)
5 years, $48 milllion, $10 million signing bonus, salary guarantees for 19/20 ($11 million)
~ $6.8 million 2018

Anthony Sherman, FB
(reference P. DiMarco)
4 years, $8.5 million, $2 million signing bonus
~ $2 million 2018

Tyler Bray, QB
(reference D. Anderson, L. Jones)
3 years, $7 million, $2 million signing bonus
~ $2 million 2018

Ramik Wilson, ILB
RFA Tender Original Round
~ $1.8 million 2018

Rakeem Nunez-Roches, DL
RFA Tender Original Round
~ $1.8 million 2018

Terrance Mitchell, CB
RFA Tender
~$1.8 million 2018

Terrance Smith, ILB
ERFA Tender
~$630k 2018

Cairo Santos, K
(reference R. Succop, S. Hauschka)
3 years, $8.5 million with $1.5 million signing bonus
~ $2.3 million 2018

Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB
1 year, vet minimum $790k

Estimated 2018 Net Increase Against Cap: $13.2 million

Assume Re-signings of practice squad players for camp.

Total Cap Space needed: $24.3 + $5 million buffer + $2.5 million draft = $31.8 million

Let walk:

RB C. Spiller
WR D. Thomas
WR A. Wilson
DB S. Terrell
DB K. Acker
DB P. Gaines
DL J. Jenkins
DL R. Miller
OL J. Devey
OL Z. Fulton
SP D. Colquitt

Other Transactions:
Alex Smith, QB trade for 2nd round pick ($17 million cap space)
Derrick Johnson, ILB retires ($8 million cap space) * If not, restructure for ~$3 million? and release C. West.
Tamba Hali, OLB retires ($7 million cap space) * If not, release.

Cap Space Gained: $32 million

Draft Picks
(Lost 1 to BUF, 5 to CLE, 7 to SF)
2 (f/ ?Smith) - Quentin Meeks, CB, Stanford
2 - Lorenzo Carter, DE/OLB, Georgia
3 - Raashan Evans, ILB, Alabama
4 - DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
6 - Maea Teuhema, OG, Southeastern Louisiana
6 (f/ SEA) - Ralph Webb, RB, Vanderbilt
7 (f/ ARZ) - Spencer Smith, P, Memphis
7 (f/ TEN) - Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, T. Bray, M. White
RB: K. Hunt, S. Ware, R. Webb, *C. West
FB: A. Sherman
TE: T. Kelce, D. Harris, R. Travis
WR: T. Hill, C. Conley, J. Chesson, D. Robinson, D. Hamilton, G. Deiter/M. Kemp
OL: E. Fisher, M. Morse, M. Schwartz, L. Duvernay-Tardif, P. Ehinger, B. Witzmann, C. Erving, M. Teuhema
DL: R. Nunez-Roches, A. Bailey, C. Jones, B. Logan, T. Kpassagnon(/OLB)
OLB: J. Houston, D. Ford, F. Zombo, D. Nicolas, L. Carter
ILB: U. Eligwe, R. Wilson, R. Ragland, R. Evans, T. Smith, K. Pierre-Lewis
CB: M. Peters, T. Mitchell, S. Nelson, D. White, Q. Meeks, A. Lampkin
S: E. Berry, R. Parker, D. Sorensen, E. Murray
ST: C. Santos, S. Smith, J. Winchester
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:07 PM 09-24-2017
Couple things

1. Way, way too much for Bray. 1 yr/1m tops.
2. I'd let Bennie walk and feel fine letting a drafted rookie replace him.
3. Mitchell isn't RFA eligibile.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:09 PM 09-24-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Couple things

1. Way, way too much for Bray. 1 yr/1m tops.
2. I'd let Bennie walk and feel fine letting a drafted rookie replace him.
3. Mitchell isn't RFA eligibile.
After looking into it, I'm about 90% sure he is. I actually questioned this when, I think it was, Direkshun had posted it, but it looks like he very well may be.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:12 PM 09-24-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
After looking into it, I'm about 90% sure he is. I actually questioned this when, I think it was, Direkshun had posted it, but it looks like he very well may be.
Think you need to have 3 or less seasons accured to be RFA eligible. This is year 4 for Mitchell.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:13 PM 09-24-2017
Think you need to have 3 or less seasons accured to be RFA eligible. This is year 4 for Mitchell.
Accrued seasons do not = years in the league. That's the reason he is likely eligible. It looks to me that he has, at most, 2 accrued seasons with this one being his 3rd in all likelihood. He didn't have enough active games his first year in the league.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:14 PM 09-24-2017
Thought I'd re-share this:

Section 1. Accrued Seasons Calculation:
(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a
player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or
should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but
which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player
was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a
result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice Squad.
(b) A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in
which the player is under contract to a Club and in which he failed to report to such
Club at least thirty days prior to the first regular season game of that season, or in which
the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material
period of time unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal
hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the
family. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator shall be made within thirty days of
the application by the player, and shall be based upon all information relating to such
hardship submitted by such date. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator shall be
final and binding upon all parties.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:39 AM 09-25-2017
Here's the key

Originally Posted by :
full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games
n September 1,*2014, Mitchell was signed by the*Chicago Bears*to their practice squad.[6][7]He was promoted to the active roster on October 13 and was declared inactive in 9 games.

That's one seaaon because that's 9 game checks.

In*2015, a notable preseason allowed him to make the roster by beating out*Tim Jennings. He was sidelined after Week 5 with a hamstring injury. On November 17, he was released to make room for*cornerback*Jacoby Glenn.[8]*On November 19, he was signed to the Bears' practice squad. He was released on November 23.

He also had a stint with Dallas. That's 2.

He was on the roster for 7 games last year, so make that 3.

This year will be 4. He's not eligible.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:26 AM 09-25-2017
Logan hasn't showed to be anywhere nearrrrrrrrr worthy of that kind of contract so far. We can't invest that kind of money in so many players; you can't pay everyone, so you have to be especially cautious with fringe guys. Pay Peters, after year 3 pay Jones (possibly obscene money if he continues an upward trend), and build around Houston/Berry/Peters/Jones with draft picks and low-key type guys, not $50 million non-dominant players.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:26 AM 09-25-2017
I like this offseason -- hate the complete lack of support behind Mahomes, though. Would have really wanted a veteran on a one-year cheap-o deal.

I also think your projections are interesting: Eligwe emerging as the new Will, and K-pass effectively going to the end of the bench.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:36 PM 09-25-2017
Here's the key

n September 1,*2014, Mitchell was signed by the*Chicago Bears*to their practice squad.[6][7]He was promoted to the active roster on October 13 and was declared inactive in 9 games.

That's one seaaon because that's 9 game checks.

In*2015, a notable preseason allowed him to make the roster by beating out*Tim Jennings. He was sidelined after Week 5 with a hamstring injury. On November 17, he was released to make room for*cornerback*Jacoby Glenn.[8]*On November 19, he was signed to the Bears' practice squad. He was released on November 23.

He also had a stint with Dallas. That's 2.

He was on the roster for 7 games last year, so make that 3.

This year will be 4. He's not eligible.
I didn't notice that he went to the Bears roster and was declared inactive in year one. Certainly makes a big difference and you'd be correct.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:38 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Logan hasn't showed to be anywhere nearrrrrrrrr worthy of that kind of contract so far. We can't invest that kind of money in so many players; you can't pay everyone, so you have to be especially cautious with fringe guys. Pay Peters, after year 3 pay Jones (possibly obscene money if he continues an upward trend), and build around Houston/Berry/Peters/Jones with draft picks and low-key type guys, not $50 million non-dominant players.
Haven't noticed a difference in the middle of that defense? Stats aren't everything. Logan is providing some serious push inside. I did strongly consider Beau Allen as a free agent substitute at about half the cost.

As for filling through the draft, its kind of a shit year at DT.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:38 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I like this offseason -- hate the complete lack of support behind Mahomes, though. Would have really wanted a veteran on a one-year cheap-o deal.

I also think your projections are interesting: Eligwe emerging as the new Will, and K-pass effectively going to the end of the bench.
Didn't really list the players as a depth chart, just tried to remember them all haha.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:39 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Haven't noticed a difference in the middle of that defense? Stats aren't everything. Logan is providing some serious push inside. I did strongly consider Beau Allen as a free agent substitute at about half the cost.

As for filling through the draft, its kind of a shit year at DT.
Lowell Lotulelei should be a pretty good gap clogger that will be available at the end of Day 2 and Vita Vea is interesting if he declares. I'd even take a look at Elam.

This class is at least better than last years.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:05 PM 09-25-2017
Lowell Lotulelei should be a pretty good gap clogger that will be available at the end of Day 2 and Vita Vea is interesting if he declares. I'd even take a look at Elam.

This class is at least better than last years.
I love Vea, but I think he's easily a first round talent. If he's not, it'll be damn interesting to know why not because it sure won't be play on the field nor his athleticism. He is a much more refined Dontari Poe at this stage.

As for Lotulelei, I damn near mocked him in round 3. Quite literally changed the mock and the plan at the last minute, favoring re-signing Logan. Lotulelei offers nothing but a 2-down run stuffer, but he'd be damn good in that role.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:46 PM 09-29-2017
Marcus Peters won't sign . He will try to be the highest player in the league because you can just tell thats the way he is.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up