ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Baby Driver!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Halfcan 09:02 AM 06-30-2017
Holy hell this is a great movie! Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx, Jon Hamm and a great young cast.

http://www.babydriver-movie.com/#get-tickets

An original idea, great writing, awesome action and old school car stunts, incredible acting. Really one of the Best movies I have seen in a long time. Not a dull moment. Kevin Spacey nails his part-one of his best performances. Foxx has not been this good since Ray.

Forget all the Superhero movies and dumb sequels-GO SEE THIS DURING THE HOLLIDAY!! An instant Cult favorite.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:12 PM 06-30-2017
I think I'm gonna go see it this weekend
[Reply]
sully1983 07:09 AM 07-01-2017
The soundtrack makes the film. It blows away both Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks. I loved how Wright synched all the soundtrack with gun shots, action and dialogue. Really well done

Really dug this film and if you're familiar with Edgar Wright, you know he's talented (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim). This film was a lot of fun and definitely a good time at the theater .
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:36 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
The soundtrack makes the film. It blows away both Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks. I loved how Wright synched all the soundtrack with gun shots, action and dialogue. Really well done

Really dug this film and if you're familiar with Edgar Wright, you know he's talented (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim). This film was a lot of fun and definitely a good time at the theater .
At first, I was wondering why the music was synched up, but as the movie plays it is explained why Baby wears the earphones so much.

I did not realize it was the same director as those others. I have not seen Scott Pilgrim but liked the other two films.

I really enjoyed the car chases as well. They were done pretty realistically, unlike the stupid Fast and Furious where they are jumping buildings. Even the chase on foot was pretty exciting. Lots of action for sure.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
At first, I was wondering why the music was synched up, but as the movie plays it is explained why Baby wears the earphones so much.

I did not realize it was the same director as those others. I have not seen Scott Pilgrim but liked the other two films.

I really enjoyed the car chases as well. They were done pretty realistically, unlike the stupid Fast and Furious where they are jumping buildings. Even the chase on foot was pretty exciting. Lots of action for sure.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:30 AM 07-01-2017

I despise all the fake looking CGI In the fast and furious movies
[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 AM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I despise all the fake looking CGI In the fast and furious movies
I have never seen a Fast and Furious movie. I have also never seen a Transformers movie.

I'm pretty happy about this. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 AM 07-03-2017
One of the best movies I've seen in the last five years.

The way they blended action, cars, guns and music was nearly perfect.

And at no point did I think "huh, that looked fake."

It was kind of like Ferris Bueller, The Transporter and Kingsman had a threesome and produced a beautiful bastard child.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:48 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have never seen a Fast and Furious movie. I have also never seen a Transformers movie.

I'm pretty happy about this. :-)
This. Well, I saw the first Transformers and knew all I needed to about where the franchise was heading
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:13 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
One of the best movies I've seen in the last five years.

The way they blended action, cars, guns and music was nearly perfect.

And at no point did I think "huh, that looked fake."

It was kind of like Ferris Bueller, The Transporter and Kingsman had a threesome and produced a beautiful bastard child.
:-) Great summary.

I liked the shootouts as well. Someone standing in an open area shooting automatic weapons in each hand at cops- actually get their ass shot off like they would in real life. It gets old watching movies where the police have the shooting accuracy of Barney Fife. Police train for hours at gun ranges because their lives and safety of others depend on it. But in movies, they can't hit the broadside of a barn while the hero can surf on top of a speeding car and never miss.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:31 PM 07-03-2017
:-) Great summary.

I liked the shootouts as well. Someone standing in an open area shooting automatic weapons in each hand at cops- actually get their ass shot off like they would in real life. It gets old watching movies where the police have the shooting accuracy of Barney Fife. Police train for hours at gun ranges because their lives and safety of others depend on it. But in movies, they can't hit the broadside of a barn while the hero can surf on top of a speeding car and never miss.
Have only seen the promo stuff, but I still had to roll my eyes when Jamie Foxx's character delivered some line about 'catching a bullet'
. . .

With a SHOTGUN in his hand!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:37 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Have only seen the promo stuff, but I still had to roll my eyes when Jamie Foxx's character delivered some line about 'catching a bullet'
. . .

With a SHOTGUN in his hand!!
:-) I don't think he meant it as actually "catching" a bullet Ninja style.

Foxx plays a real sleazebag pos in this one, stone cold killer. One of his better performances.

Foxx was pretty amazing in Ray and has kind of slipped since then, I think this movie brings back how talented he really is.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:43 PM 07-03-2017
:-) I don't think he meant it as actually "catching" a bullet Ninja style.

Foxx plays a real sleazebag pos in this one, stone cold killer. One of his better performances.

Foxx was pretty amazing in Ray and has kind of slipped since then, I think this movie brings back how talented he really is.
I don't have the clip in front of me, but my recollection was he used it like he was going to 'put' a bullet in someone, . . . only shotguns don't shoot bullets.

EDIT: 'in this business, the moment you catch feelings, [racks shotgun] . . . is the moment you catch a bullet.'
Attached: Baby Driver.jpg (33.7 KB) 
[Reply]
listopencil 01:49 PM 07-03-2017
I do hope that they used this song:

[Reply]
Halfcan 02:03 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I don't have the clip in front of me, but my recollection was he used it like he was going to 'put' a bullet in someone, . . . only shotguns don't shoot bullets.
Okay that makes more sense, his character is kind of a dumbass. So it was either a mistake by the writer/director or meant to show what an idiot his character really is. He does a ton of shit talking, so I am thinking maybe the second option.

I get your point, hard to get into a movie when they have the details wrong. Like playing modern music meant for an older time period, showing car models not produced until years after, flubbing historic facts, or stuff like using a cell phone before they were invented.

I really hate when characters continually pick the worst option available- like when Jason Vorhees is in their home ready to hack someone up- the victim hides in a closet with no escape instead of just running out of the house. I start rooting for the killer.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:06 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I do hope that they used this song:

Yep. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up