ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Shadow of War
The Franchise 04:08 PM 03-10-2017
Sequel to Shadow of Mordor.

[Reply]
Fish 04:23 PM 03-10-2017
Shadow of Mordor had some really incredible aspects. But there were some really really frustrating parts that just completely ruined it. When you died, it often felt way too much like you lost a huge amount of progress. It was frustrating enough for me to give up on it before I finished the game.

This looks pretty cool though.
[Reply]
Fish 04:27 PM 03-10-2017
Riding a dragon around? Fuck ya!
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 06:30 PM 03-10-2017
Ya, that got me all hot and bothered. Will be interesting to see the evolution of the nemesis system.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:21 AM 03-11-2017
They did a really good job with Shadow of Mordor, this looks like its more of the same but with some tactical strategy aspects thrown in.

I bet its solid to great
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:03 AM 07-06-2017

[Reply]
Fish 12:02 PM 10-17-2017
Anybody playing this? I've been reading that it's huge, and the AI system is just nuts. It's a 100GB download, so the graphics must be pretty crazy.

I read this though, and thought it sounded hilarious: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ce=vicefbusads
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:44 PM 10-17-2017
I just picked Shadow of Mordor back up again. I'll probably wait to get this until I beat that.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:05 PM 10-17-2017
SoM was one of my favorite games ever. Once you're fully leveled, the dynamics of the gameplay are outstanding. I'm going to play Fractured through and then start this. I read that theres micro-transactions which turns me off. It should never be pay to win on console games.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:09 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
SoM was one of my favorite games ever. Once you're fully leveled, the dynamics of the gameplay are outstanding. I'm going to play Fractured through and then start this. I read that theres micro-transactions which turns me off. It should never be pay to win on console games.
Thought about picking up Fractured today but I decided not to because I wanted to finish SoM. Let me know how it is.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:11 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Thought about picking up Fractured today but I decided not to because I wanted to finish SoM. Let me know how it is.
Will do. Picked it up from GameStop on my lunch break, got the ok from the GF to play all night, now just counting the minutes until 5 and I can go home.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:48 PM 10-17-2017
ive killed thousands of orcs this week
[Reply]
ChiefGator 09:31 AM 10-18-2017
I have been playing this quite a bit.. you don't need to use real money for any transactions to beat the game. You do need to use the Market, but you can just use the two types of money you find in-game.

I would say almost everything is improved in this version. When you die, not so much occurs in this game, since each little nemesis mission ( like feasts, orcs hunting or dueling ) now has a three-turn timer on them. So, you need to die like three times (or otherwise have the game advance) for each one to auto-resolve.

My only complaint is that certain missions are just insanely difficult unnecessarily. A couple were overlord fights in the keep of the fortress assaults, which may have been randomly generated overlords with tons of resistences. But the Nazgul fights (especially the first against 6 or so Nazgul ) are damn near impossible. I pushed the difficulty down a notch to get by those.
[Reply]
Fish 09:36 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
I have been playing this quite a bit.. you don't need to use real money for any transactions to beat the game. You do need to use the Market, but you can just use the two types of money you find in-game.

I would say almost everything is improved in this version. When you die, not so much occurs in this game, since each little nemesis mission ( like feasts, orcs hunting or dueling ) now has a three-turn timer on them. So, you need to die like three times (or otherwise have the game advance) for each one to auto-resolve.

My only complaint is that certain missions are just insanely difficult unnecessarily. A couple were overlord fights in the keep of the fortress assaults, which may have been randomly generated overlords with tons of resistences. But the Nazgul fights (especially the first against 6 or so Nazgul ) are damn near impossible. I pushed the difficulty down a notch to get by those.
That's really good to hear. That was my main complaint about the first one. it felt like when you died once, you lost a great deal of progress and it was super frustrating. I've been hearing reports of the missions being a bit repetitive. Which was also a criticism of the first one..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:41 AM 10-18-2017
The first one had some cool elements but it was HELLA repetitive. I played a decent bit but never actually finished it.

It kind of reminded me of the very first Assassin's Creed in that regard.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up