ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 130
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:25 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Romosexual:
Cards are in trouble ...

as a hater of everything successful sports related - I want to see how the 'best fans in baseball' handle a 5-10 year stretch (which is coming) of futility (by Cards standards) that is inevitably coming ...

will you still fill the stands? Will attendance still be right around the tops in the bigs?

...or, if the Cards actually suck for 4-5 years in a row ... will the following dwindle?

Basically, in my adult life, the Cardinals have always been good and have always competed. I want to see them be terrible for a few years and I want to see what happens. Would love to see that fan base eat some crow after all of these years.

...really, really easy to cheer for a winner. Let's see how you guys handle a loser.
Who is this fucking clown?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:28 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Romosexual:
Cards are in trouble ...

as a hater of everything successful sports related - I want to see how the 'best fans in baseball' handle a 5-10 year stretch (which is coming) of futility (by Cards standards) that is inevitably coming ...

will you still fill the stands? Will attendance still be right around the tops in the bigs?

...or, if the Cards actually suck for 4-5 years in a row ... will the following dwindle?

Basically, in my adult life, the Cardinals have always been good and have always competed. I want to see them be terrible for a few years and I want to see what happens. Would love to see that fan base eat some crow after all of these years.

...really, really easy to cheer for a winner. Let's see how you guys handle a loser.
If only there were like dozens of years of crowd histories to prove how St. Louis fans supported the team when it was bad in the 70s and 90s.

Always fun to be lectured by a guy that was a Cubs fan until they tanked then discovered the Royals right around the time they became good to lecture us about fairweather, though.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:39 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Who is this ****ing clown?
It's Hootie.

Prepare for every other post in this thread to be an autistic rambling about how he hates the Cardinals.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:16 PM 02-11-2017
http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...L/attend.shtml

In the last 50 years, they've been below average in NL Attendance 5 times. I don't see them suddenly dropping to the bottom of the league.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:21 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If only there were like dozens of years of crowd histories to prove how St. Louis fans supported the team when it was bad in the 70s and 90s.

Always fun to be lectured by a guy that was a Cubs fan until they tanked then discovered the Royals right around the time they became good to lecture us about fairweather, though.
This...very few bright spots in the 70's...sat through an absolute double-header raping by the Big Red Machine with my family in like 95 degree weather and never even considered leaving before the last out.

Crowds back then would not be great by today's standards, but nothing like other perennial 3rd through 5th place clubs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:16 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It's Hootie.

Prepare for every other post in this thread to be an autistic rambling about how he hates the Cardinals.
Awesome.:-)

Another banning is only a matter of time.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:11 PM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Who is this fucking clown?

Hootie has returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hootie 04:22 PM 02-11-2017
I was at BPV for New Years Eve (and Day) ... love that place
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 02-14-2017
Reyes took his physical this morning....and isn't cleared to throw this afternoon. Skipping his session.

So that's good news.

Gonna be a fun season, gents. Looking forward to hitting 15 singles and scoring three runs. But hey, nobody backs up 3b better than Mike Leake. Go get 'em, Tiger!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:56 AM 02-14-2017
Cards won in arbitration with Wacha.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:58 AM 02-14-2017
Classic Cardinals
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:03 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Under.

I said 85 earlier in the thread, I'm sticking to that. And, despite what some idiot's ramble about I'll go to every game I can. My brother and I still bought our 16 game package and we'll stay for every out.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:04 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Cards won in arbitration with Wacha.
The fact that they went to arbitration with him shows how little they think of him. The Cards avoided arbitration with Jon Jay, FFS. They buy out everyone's arb years. Wouldnt' surprise me if he's a non-tender candidate in '18.
[Reply]
O.city 12:05 PM 02-14-2017
Eh, I read the Reyes thing isn't supposed to be serious. "not even a yellow flag raised" was the term used, fwiw.
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Reyes took his physical this morning....and isn't cleared to throw this afternoon. Skipping his session.

So that's good news.

Gonna be a fun season, gents. Looking forward to hitting 15 singles and scoring three runs. But hey, nobody backs up 3b better than Mike Leake. Go get 'em, Tiger!
I had forgotten that they actually led the NL in HR's last year. How the hell did I forget that?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 130
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up