ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>DeShaun Watson: The Time Is Now
Direckshun 01:18 PM 01-10-2017
Yeah. This is happening.

Watson will almost certainly be on the board for our first rounder. He will possibly be on the board for our second pick.

I understand 100% of the critiques here. He's from a spread offense. He hasn't run a huddle. He hasn't worked under center. He has off games. He's undersized...

I get it. I get it all.

This guy plays like a goddamn champion. Put aside the fact that he actually is one -- he is a locker room leader with toughness beyond his years.

We need to take him. He needs to be the QB of the future in Kansas City.
[Reply]
threebag 11:22 AM 01-11-2017
I assure you Alex Smith will retire a CHIEF
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:25 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Interesting tidbit. I was perusing several mock drafts today and every one of them had Kansas City drafting at 30. So I guess they are all expecting us to beat Pittsburgh this weekend, but losing to NE in the AFCCG.
That's based on current seeding and record, nothing else.

32: 14-2 #1 seed
31: 13-3 #1 seed
30: 12-4 #2 seed
29: 11-5 #2 seed
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:44 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana:
It's only one more year. It's absolutely worth it to get a better player, especially when this team is probably taking a G or ILB anyway in April.

And I would argue the QB they draft in 2018 will be ready to start right away, especially since they won't pay 34-year old Alex Smith $20 million.
You're smoking crack.

First, there is no way that Chiefs take a Guard in the first round when there will be far better athletes and players available, whether it's Cornerback, OLB, Safety, RB and quite possibly, a QB (Pat Mahomes).

Secondly, the Salary Cap will be in excess of $185 million in 2018, so paying a QB $20 million is peanuts.
[Reply]
threebag 02:16 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Give me one ****ing opinion on any QB in this class, and you can make this joke.

Until you do, you're just a flaming dumb****.

I didn't even issue a real opinion on Watson. But if you wanted to argue that I did, my opinion of him would be a negative one, because I compare using a 3rd round pick on him to drafting a player and then cutting him before Week 1.

You're the dumbest piece of shit on this entire board.
Shemp, Geno Smith is all you need for the joke.

You always have your cock sucker on blast, maybe you should muffle it with a bag of dicks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
The problem with waiting until 2018 is we're waiting until 2019 or 2020 until the guy is a legitimate player ready to take the reigns. Our roster is going to be getting pretty long in the tooth by then. We of course wouldn't have had this problem if we had jumped at the chance to take someone like Carr or Bridgewater in previous drafts. I'm not going to be surprised if we're left with our dicks in our hands like we were when Trent Green retired with nobody at all to take the reigns.
Watson won't be ready in 2018 anyway.

If you draft him this year, he's still a 2 year project. There will be guys drafted next season who are about even with him in the development curve. He'll have a better handle on an NFL offense but he still won't have re-built his technique to the point he'll need to in order to be a consistent NFL passer.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:25 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
You always have your cock sucker on blast, maybe you should muffle it with a bag of dicks.

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:43 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He'll go early but he needs at least a year on the bench and needs to bulk up.

Otherwise, he'll be RGIII part deux.
Can't lump him in with RG3 like that.

I personally, want KC to take him. I think he'll slip more than people realize.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Can't lump him in with RG3 like that.

I personally, want KC to take him. I think he'll slip more than people realize.
If he slips, it's because he's even a worse prospect than he appears at this point.

There is a great article on si.com about him in which Shanahan rightly points out that he'll get killed in the NFL if he takes off and runs.

I think he'll go early but he's going to be a yuge project for whichever team selects him and if it's a team like the Jets, he's hosed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:14 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If he slips, it's because he's even a worse prospect than he appears at this point.

There is a great article on si.com about him in which Shanahan rightly points out that he'll get killed in the NFL if he takes off and runs.

I think he'll go early but he's going to be a yuge project for whichever team selects him and if it's a team like the Jets, he's hosed.

[Reply]
kcchiefsus 06:15 PM 01-11-2017
I assure you Alex Smith will retire a CHIEF
Hopefully sooner than later.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:14 PM 01-11-2017
Shemp, Geno Smith is all you need for the joke.

I'm right far more often than I'm wrong.

I would ask if you could say the same, but you don't have any opinions other than "Clay sucks" and "My boyfriend Tiger Uppercut's dick has wonderful mouthfeel."

Give me one 2017 draft opinion, dude. Just one. I'll bet you can't do it off the top of your head.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:43 PM 01-11-2017
Would only approve flier if taken in round 2.
[Reply]
Black Bob 06:33 PM 01-18-2017
I really think we can get him at #27. He is gonna have to sit for a couple of years. His footwork on short passes is horrid. Never seen anything like it. That said, I really like him and think he can correct it. He's "clutch" and that's half the battle when it comes to NFL QBs. I bet 30-40% of the games come down to the last drive.
[Reply]
Superbowltrashcan 07:45 PM 01-18-2017
I apologize for my ignorance on this but I don't fully understand the heightened concern about footwork as it relates to a quarterback that throws an accurate ball with adequate velocity. Is it because poor footwork leads to greater replication of a bad effort? Does it mean a greater chance of injury is in player's future? I mean if it gets to the target quickly and accurately why does it matter if his footwork sucks? When I watch Rodgers he seems to have a number of times when he doesn't "look the part" from the classical 5 step drop back standpoint. Educate me and don't be an arse... Thank you!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:49 PM 01-18-2017
I want to like Watson but all I see is an overhyped player with favourable intangibles but pedestrian ability who benefitted by playing for a strong program.

Not accurate. Not big. Decent, but not a great arm. Simplified scheme. Poor footwork.

= project
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up