ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Blade Runner 2049
keg in kc 03:34 PM 12-19-2016

(Yeah I know the thread is a q but I ain't bumping anything wendler...)

(That's what she said)
[Reply]
unlurking 07:08 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
One thing I loved about this

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
RobBlake 07:33 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I tried to temper my expectations going in to see this. I was unable to, and I was still blown away. Will be going to see again next weekend. The visual and audio experience was just insane. This is the movie of the year for me. Keep Star Wars (loved TFA, but still not over TFA shitfest). Give me more Blade Runner.
the trailer for Star Wars alone shit on Blade Runner. BR was good tho.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:04 PM 10-15-2017
Enjoyed this alot. The first hour drags a bit but the visuals and story were good. Saw BR Final Cut last night so I definitely enjoyed seeing this. Imax sound and visuals were awesome. Good story, some Action but I can see the average movie goer getting bored. One guy next to me left after 30 minutes
[Reply]
unlurking 08:32 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
the trailer for Star Wars alone shit on Blade Runner. BR was good tho.
Not even close. Forgot I emptied my ignore list. Back on you go Alex ballwasher.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:36 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Enjoyed this alot. The first hour drags a bit but the visuals and story were good. Saw BR Final Cut last night so I definitely enjoyed seeing this. Imax sound and visuals were awesome. Good story, some Action but I can see the average movie goer getting bored. One guy next to me left after 30 minutes
Yeah, definitely a slow burn. This is not for the Fast 'n Furious in Space crowd. This is right up there with the original. Not familiar with Villeneuve, but this felt very Kubrik-esque. Will definitely have to check out the rest of his work.
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:51 PM 10-15-2017
Five bucks unlurking never watched blade runner again
[Reply]
bowener 09:23 AM 10-18-2017
This was not a sequel that needed to be made, and not one people were asking for. Blade Runner is possibly my all-time favorite film. Like most fans, I was terrified it would be shit. Some would-be hack job of a film; a cheap action thriller draped in a veil of nostalgia and loose ties to the original. I was SO fucking wrong.

It was incredible in nearly all aspects. Villeneuve deserves any and all praise. He strode a razor thin path that managed to leave the original intact and untarnished while creating a fantastic version of his own. I was absolutely blown away by his direction. Going in I prepared myself for heartbreak; coming out I was in love.
[Reply]
JD10367 01:24 PM 10-18-2017
Decent film but too long. Every scene was dragged out. Chick playing his holo GF was a smoke show.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:03 PM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
This was not a sequel that needed to be made, and not one people were asking for. Blade Runner is possibly my all-time favorite film. Like most fans, I was terrified it would be shit. Some would-be hack job of a film; a cheap action thriller draped in a veil of nostalgia and loose ties to the original. I was SO fucking wrong.

It was incredible in nearly all aspects. Villeneuve deserves any and all praise. He strode a razor thin path that managed to leave the original intact and untarnished while creating a fantastic version of his own. I was absolutely blown away by his direction. Going in I prepared myself for heartbreak; coming out I was in love.
This.

It was an amazing experience. Can't wait to go see it again this weekend.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:26 PM 10-18-2017
Yeah, definitely a slow burn. This is not for the Fast 'n Furious in Space crowd. This is right up there with the original. Not familiar with Villeneuve, but this felt very Kubrik-esque. Will definitely have to check out the rest of his work.
Villeneuve is flat out legit. He is unstoppable at this point imo (he's been directing a film every damn year since 2013, thats insane) . Plus all of them are pretty damn good. (Enemy being his least accessible film but still interesting) . Sicario was dope as hell.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:51 AM 10-19-2017
I think I need to see this one more time while it's still in the theater. Probably this weekend.
[Reply]
Miles 06:17 PM 10-21-2017
Finally saw it. So good.
[Reply]
Miles 06:19 PM 10-21-2017
Kubrick came to mind to me as well with the pacing and visuals. Can see some finding it dragging on but the long running time flew by for me.
[Reply]
JD10367 05:02 AM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
Kubrick came to mind to me as well with the pacing and visuals. Can see some finding it dragging on but the long running time flew by for me.
That was the first thing I did to my friend when we left the theater... "Seemed more Stanley Kubrick than Ridley Scott."
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:59 AM 10-24-2017
Everything he's done is stellar, IMHO.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up