ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 268
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:14 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think the bad guys are going to win in Episode IX. Snoke kills Luke and destroys the Resistance, and takes over rulership of The Republic.

Episode X-XII will be about Rey and Ben bringing back the light.

It'll be like a "what if Obi Wan and Anakin had teamed up to take on the Emperor instead of fighting each other" scenario.
That would be cool but so unlike JJ Abrams
[Reply]
007 03:15 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
From my understanding, yes
That is great news. Do we know if the Obi Wan spinoff is a one off or trilogy also?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:17 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
That is great news. Do we know if the Obi Wan spinoff is a one off or trilogy also?
All I've heard at this point is that it's a Star Wars Story movie like Rogue One and Solo but KK hired an amazing screenwriter, which is good news.

I would speculate that ticket sales and fan reception would determine whether or not there's a sequel or a trilogy.
[Reply]
007 03:19 PM 10-21-2017
All I've heard at this point is that it's a Star Wars Story movie like Rogue One and Solo but KK hired an amazing screenwriter, which is good news.

I would speculate that ticket sales and fan reception would determine whether or not there's a sequel or a trilogy.
I suppose that makes sense. The big question is whether he ever left Tatooine for those 20 years. If he didn't, there probably isn't really an option for extra movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:29 PM 10-21-2017
I suppose that makes sense. The big question is whether he ever left Tatooine for those 20 years. If he didn't, there probably isn't really an option for extra movies.
Again, from my understanding, KK didn’t want to announce or script an Obi Wan movie or trilogy until after episodes VIII and IX had completed their arcs because they didn’t want to trap themselves into a corner regarding Obi Wan.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:30 PM 10-21-2017
Again, from my understanding, KK didn’t want to announce or script an Obi Wan movie or trilogy until after episodes VIII and IX had completed their arcs because they didn’t want to trap themselves into a corner regarding Obi Wan.
Well, if that theory video is right, it seems like Obi-Wan might be making cameos in the next couple of films anyway.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:42 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well, if that theory video is right, it seems like Obi-Wan might be making cameos in the next couple of films anyway.
I wonder if it’ll be his voice, Ewan McGregor or a digital recreation like Tarkin in Rogue One?
[Reply]
007 03:46 PM 10-21-2017
I wonder if it’ll be his voice, Ewan McGregor or a digital recreation like Tarkin in Rogue One?
I can't imagine they would go the tarkin route when they have Ewan ready and willing. With the money they are spending I wouldn't think they would skrimp on Obi Wan. But I know nothing about movie production.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:58 PM 10-21-2017
I can't imagine they would go the tarkin route when they have Ewan ready and willing. With the money they are spending I wouldn't think they would skrimp on Obi Wan. But I know nothing about movie production.
It probably depends in his role in VIII and IX.

Guinness and McGregor’s voices could both be heard in in VII, so if they go with a Force Ghost and they secured the rights from the Guinness family, Alec’s version seems more appropriate, IMO.

If not, we’ll likely see McGregor.
[Reply]
007 04:12 PM 10-21-2017
It probably depends in his role in VIII and IX.

Guinness and McGregor’s voices could both be heard in in VII, so if they go with a Force Ghost and they secured the rights from the Guinness family, Alec’s version seems more appropriate, IMO.

If not, we’ll likely see McGregor.
Much rather see them use Ewan. Just my own opinion. He is Obi Wan to me at this point.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:16 PM 10-22-2017
Something's up....

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:26 PM 10-22-2017
Something's up....

Hmm...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:28 PM 10-22-2017
Something's up....
Nah, more misdirection

Luke looms over both Rey and Kylo. In Rey's, we see the red salt of Crait, which will supposedly play a major role in the film and was once a Rebel base.

In Kylo's, he's wearing the garb that we've seen in the most recent trailer.

They're basically saying that Luke is responsible for both characters and their arcs...
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:59 PM 10-24-2017
Sorry if repost. (I hadn't seen the story part before).

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:25 PM 10-24-2017
Brought a tear to my eye.

I love Rian.
[Reply]
Page 83 of 268
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Up