ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 59
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:56 AM 07-22-2014

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:14 PM 07-22-2014
Ok, so all these young Jedi running around.

Why was Luke so special then?

I'm nearly at the point of Star Wars overkill and I used to love it.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:06 PM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

This was known even in the original trilogy- when the Jedi were almost all wiped out and very few went into hiding. Luke was special because of how much stronger the force was with him-
[Reply]
Frosty 01:56 PM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Luke was special because of how much stronger the force was with him-

Luke had a lot of midi-chlorians.

*runs and hides*
[Reply]
hometeam 08:39 PM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Lukes story takes place after clone wars/prequels/new series .. im not sure exactly how much time passed.. 25-30 years? And by then Jedi are all in hiding, and only few left - So not only was Luke special that he was force sensitive, he was from the blood line of the most naturally gifted force user of all time, Darth Vader.. Who in the end, fulfilled his prophecy and restored balance to the force by killing all the Jedi (mostly) and then throwing the emperor down a shaft.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:50 AM 07-25-2014

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:27 PM 08-05-2014

[Reply]
Silock 11:48 PM 08-05-2014
Just can't get excited about this.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:31 AM 08-06-2014
Felt kind of flat to me, but I see some promise.
[Reply]
Silock 12:49 AM 08-06-2014
That main character doesn't seem likable. At least the Clone Wars had people you could root for.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:58 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
That main character doesn't seem likable. At least the Clone Wars had people you could root for.
Eventually. Early episodes of Clone Wars were just awful.
[Reply]
Silock 01:02 AM 08-06-2014
I didn't feel that way.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:08 AM 08-06-2014
If I had watched the pilot movie when it came out I would never have watched the rest of the series.
[Reply]
Silock 01:16 AM 08-06-2014
The movie isn't the series. For some reason, it's way worse.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 AM 08-06-2014
Just all the Empire bullshit gets my wang hard.

I'm in.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 59
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up