ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 382
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300350 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Paniero 06:45 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
If you're in Texas, check the local Specs. One of them will have it.
10-4. We have a few Specs in DFW. Thanks.

Happy drinking!
[Reply]
scho63 08:00 PM 10-22-2017
What makes IPA's so goddamn sticky? Is it the hops?

I had a few Lagunitas IPA's yesterday and they were served in mason jars with handles and everyone had overpour that ran all over the glass and handle.

Whenever I drink one the overflow on the outside of the glass makes my hands like Fred Biletnikoff
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:26 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:

I had a few Lagunitas IPA's yesterday and they were served in mason jars with handles and everyone had overpour that ran all over the glass and handle.

Whenever I drink one the overflow on the outside of the glass makes my hands like Fred Biletnikoff
I think the glass was dirty to start out. Just kidding.

What beer did you have? They make a Maximus IPA which may get sticky.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:47 AM 10-23-2017
Early and interesting tasting notes from this years BCBS. Full lineup in the link:

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articl...-stout-lineup/

Originally Posted by :
Hope you like chocolate! This year’s Original Bourbon County Brand Stout is loaded with chocolate, low heat and essentially no burn at all during the sip.

The aroma is a chocolate punch in the face, and the taste that follows holds suit. While I’m not an advocate of aging beers at home, it would be interesting to see how the chocolate flavor mellows over the coming months.

Over the years, I have felt that some Originals have had too much fruity sweetness, and some might think that this year’s is too sweet because of the level of chocolate they get. Personally I’m OK with where this beer is at. If you want more heat and char, you have the Reserve to balance out your needs.

Like I mentioned above, if you taste this beer and Reserve side-by-side, there’s no way you’ll be able to figure out that they started out as the same beer. The difference is all in the barrels, and this is a perfect representation of how they affect the beer.

[Reply]
Marcellus 11:38 AM 10-23-2017

Any beer with a decent alcohol content and isn't a super light beer is going to have some sugar (carbs) left in them.

Its just complex sugars that don't ferment.
[Reply]
scho63 01:11 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I think the glass was dirty to start out. Just kidding.

What beer did you have? They make a Maximus IPA which may get sticky.
Just their regular IPA
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:13 PM 10-23-2017
**** YOU!!!!

Just when I thought I had the money to spare to buy myself a nice case of Bourbon...you have to post this!

I have been drinking this stuff since the 1st year of mass production (2005).
It has been brewed since early 1995 and was introduced at GABF later that year. My old acquaintance (Booker Noe) furnished the original bourbon barrels.

I bumped into it at a restaurant in S. StL. called The Iron Barley, a ( ****ing great) hole in the wall joint that had 10 tables and bar that sat 7 people. There was a speakeasy and a small music venue 6 feet under it (called Fred's Six Feet Under).

I liked the WC stout so much even at, as I recall, $15 a 12oz bottle at the bar. (in 2005 dollars) a few days later, I went searching for it. I couldn't find it anywhere in STL at the end of Nov. (it had not been out but a short time) but it was sold out. I went back to the the "Barley" on my way home on Thanksgiving eve and the owner's wife, who was busy delivery smoked turkeys , hams and rib roasts, reluctantly sold me 4 four six packs for dirt cheap. for $25 each. $100 was a lot back then for 16 beers! I was going to deliver 2-4pks to friends for Christmas but they never got there.

I have been ordering it ever since. I had almost forgotten about it this year and so now, thanks to you, I have a budget issue.

You ****ing prick.. Just kidding
:-):-):-):-)

You know I just ordered 6 four packs and yes the total was $151.24:-) but I do get first option on the variant selections if I can afford them. The 2016 rare was $65, and the rye and proprietor's is $24 per 17oz bottle. (stuff is ****ing stupid priced) My guess is that my mixed care of top shelf bourbons will have to wait til Thanksgiving.

Thanks for reminding me as i doubt I would buy any at retail pricing had I put it off.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Early and interesting tasting notes from this years BCBS. Full lineup in the link:

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articl...-stout-lineup/

[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:42 PM 10-23-2017
Just their regular IPA

Were you stoned at the time? IJS :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:11 PM 10-23-2017

That's just your sunless tanning lotion coming off.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:12 PM 11-03-2017
The lineup for the week:

From left to right:

Founders Backwoods Bastard
Yeungling Black & Tan
Buffalo Bayou Smoke on the Bayou 2017
Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter 2017
Devils Backbone Vienna Lager
Buffalo Bayou Summer's Wit (top)
8th Wonder Weisstheimer (Bottom)
Spoetzl Shiner Holiday Cheer (Top)
Oskar Blues Death By Coconut (Bottom)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:37 PM 11-03-2017
I’m not a huge scotch ale drinker but I’m definitely good for a 4pk of Backwoods Bastard a year.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:41 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’m not a huge scotch ale drinker but I’m definitely good for a 4pk of Backwoods Bastard a year.
I like scotch ale. My favorites are Clown Shoes Royal Standard and Belhaven Scottish Ale.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I like scotch ale. My favorites are Clown Shoes Royal Standard and Belhaven Scottish Ale.
Have you had Old Chub from Oskar Blues?
[Reply]
philfree 10:11 PM 11-03-2017
Ruby Mountain Brewing Co. Angle Creek Amber Ale. I'm in a little town in Nevada called Lamoille. I thought I'd try the locally brewed beer and it's pretty good. Cheers!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:58 AM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
My brother likes scotch ale. I sent him a group of locals (Great Lakes/Midwest) to do a tasting on his birthday. I sent him: Founders Backwoods Bastard, Central Waters Brewer's Reserve, Dark Horse BA Scotty Karate, Noon Whistle Bob Ross Did It, and Blvd Scotch on Scotch. He picked the Founders as his favorite.

Lewdog sent me a good one from Kettlehouse Brewing in Montana called Cold Smoke. I should probably try a few more in that style myself.
[Reply]
Page 250 of 382
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300350 > Last »
Up