ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants ideas outside of BBQ realm
luv 12:18 PM 10-23-2017
Alrighty. We're looking at going to Michael Smiths. We were looking at Bluestem, but the price was just out of what we were looking to spend. My boyfriend decided on Michael Smith's because he has received a Michelin star, and the price is just about where we are comfortable spending. Just thought I would see if anyone has eaten there, or if you know of any other restaurants with Michelin star chefs in the area.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:25 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Boulevard has the beer hall. It's a good time even with no tour.

If you're into beer just park in the Crossroads. You can now walk to about 8 breweries and distilleries from there.

Casual Animal, Border, Double-Shift, Torn Label, iTap, Brewery Imperial, Tom's Town, Lifted Spirits, etc.
You should have been around in the early years at Blvd. when occasionally they shared with a tour, all the weird shit they brewed that was reserved for investors and staff. Those were the days.

Now days brewery tours are about as boring as watching tree sap on a winters day.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:33 AM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by m80mayhem:
Michael Smith - the Kansas City restaurant guy - did not receive a Michelin Star. Maybe you're thinking of James Beard award winner.
Yes I believe you are correct.

Did he actually close MS to move a few blocks away to open Farina?
[Reply]
srvy 11:58 AM 09-14-2018
Cafe Provence is a French Restaurant in Prairie Village, Ks that has earned a Michelin Star along with Bluesten that you have ruled out. I have been to neither.

https://www.cafeprovencekc.com/

PS: its French so if you go then Joes KC bbq is just down the road to get something substantial to fill ya up.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:24 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Cafe Provence is a French Restaurant in Prairie Village, Ks that has earned a Michelin Star along with Bluesten that you have ruled out. I have been to neither.

PS: its French so if you go then Joes KC bbq is just down the road to get something substantial to fill ya up.
Where do you see they've earned a star?

French food is filling/heavy. What on earth?
[Reply]
luv 12:51 PM 09-14-2018

I don't see where KC or its surrounding area has any Michelin star restaurants. However, I think French is good simply because my boyfriend is very into sauces. Looked at Le Fou Frog. I think he's pretty much decided to try Michael Smith, though. I read where his current restaurant will be closing whenever he opens a new one in November/December, so we'll be among the last people to eat there.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:52 PM 09-14-2018

You are wrong, The chefs were trained/ worked in Michelin Star restaurants.

Originally Posted by :
Philip Quillec
Chef Philip recently returned to Cafe Provence as Executive Chef after a stint at several Michelin Star Restaurants in France: L'Auberge de La Charme in Dijon, France, and Le Cilantro in Arles, France.
Originally Posted by :
bluestem has received local and national accolades including being named as a 2015, 2016, & 2017 James Beard Semifinalist for “Outstanding Restaurant”

I have eaten at Cafe Provence and while excellent it was not up to par with NY or Chicago French restaurants.

There are NONE with Michelin Stars in KC Metro
[Reply]
srvy 02:16 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
You are wrong, The chefs were trained/ worked in Michelin Star restaurants.

I have eaten at Cafe Provence and while excellent it was not up to par with NY or Chicago French restaurants.

There are NONE with Michelin Stars in KC Metro
Yep I stand corrected my search brought up those restaurants and I didnt read far enough into the article.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:11 PM 09-14-2018
Blasphemy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 09-14-2018
I've been to Provence several times. It's fantastic.

Order the french onion soup and the quiche. Change yo fuckin' LIFE.

Le Fou Frog is also great. Get the chocolate mousse for dessert. It's orgasmic.
[Reply]
srvy 06:24 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've been to Provence several times. It's fantastic.

Order the french onion soup and the quiche. Change yo fuckin' LIFE.

Le Fou Frog is also great. Get the chocolate mousse for dessert. It's orgasmic.
Does it have a star from Michelin Tire and Rubber Co. :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:05 AM 09-15-2018
Does it have a star from Michelin Tire and Rubber Co. :-)
I'd say more like a Uniroyal Star....

Buy he is dead on about the French onion soup.. Houlihan's had the best in KC before CP (ha!) arrived on the scene.

Never had the Quiche Lorraine....
[Reply]
srvy 07:52 PM 03-09-2020
Has anyone been to Brady's Public House in the old Mike's Tavern 55th and Troost? I watched a segment on it on fox4kc morning show. He showed Cottage Pie recipe the ground beef version of Sheperd Pie made with lamb looks delicious. He also said first time he ate beef brisket corned beef was in KC. They don't have a brisket in Ireland they use pork belly and pickle it just like corned beef. I wanna try this but he didn't give his recipe.
I am planning a trip there when I feel better. I found this video which is kinda interesting in its own right.

https://www.bradyskc.com/
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:23 PM 03-09-2020
Have we established why no BBQ???

I'm confused.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:23 PM 03-09-2020
Has anyone been to Brady's Public House in the old Mike's Tavern 55th and Troost? I watched a segment on it on fox4kc morning show. He showed Cottage Pie recipe the ground beef version of Sheperd Pie made with lamb looks delicious. He also said first time he ate beef brisket corned beef was in KC. They don't have a brisket in Ireland they use pork belly and pickle it just like corned beef. I wanna try this but he didn't give his recipe.
I am planning a trip there when I feel better. I found this video which is kinda interesting in its own right.

https://www.bradyskc.com/
They need to change the name to Mahomes Public House, then I'll go there.
[Reply]
srvy 08:37 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Have we established why no BBQ???

I'm confused.
I think Luv wanted something different instead of BBQ on that visit to KC was bored with BBQ.

As for me I searched for a thread to put this without starting one just for this and this was close as I could find. Also, St Pats Day is coming up but don't want to get in that mess so this will be 2 to three weeks down the road. Looks right down my Irish ancestry alley and whiskey and beer.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up