Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official KU vs MU Hurricane Relief Exhibition Game****
CoMoChief 01:43 PM 10-22-2017
Anyone buying the ppv?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:43 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Svi is gettin drafted. He's 19 years old. Tall. Foreign. Decent athlete for his size. Can shoot. Someone will draft him, and yeah he will fail. But he's getting drafted.
If he gets drafted, it won't be in the 1st round. Nobody is giving guaranteed money to a college senior with his immense flaws.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:56 PM 10-23-2017
He has no lateral quickness. In fact what does he do besides shoot threes?

He's not an NBA player. He has in four years never looked like an NBA player. I don't get it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:25 PM 10-23-2017
Let's just say Svi plays very "white".

But honestly, the guy sucks handling the rock. Smaller quicker wing players eat him alive once he puts the ball on the floor.

I am worried about KU's depth down low. Preston is going to show some flashes but I don't know how much to expect from him at this point, dude has talent but has so much to learn and is nowhere near where he needs to be in order for Self to trust him as a go to guy.

If Azu* gets into foul trouble a lot or God forbid gets injured again, that just may be the end of KU's consecutive Big12 title reign. KU has ZERO depth down low. I don't seem to really care for Littlefoot or whatever the hell his name is. I certainly have no expectations of the guy at the moment. Dude looks like he doesn't even belong on the court. Maybe it's because he's skinny and white and looks like ass I dunno. Would have been nice if Dwight Coleby stayed for Sr season. Anyone know why he transferred? Seemed like he'd get a good amount of playing time this year, possible crack at starting #4man position, or at least be the primary big man sub for Preston or Azu*. It seems possible that not having him may hurt down the road. I hope Preston can learn quickly.

*Azu....I am using this acronym in place of "Azubuike", because like "Svi", it's annoying to try and remember how to spell it...so "Azu" will be used in my posts from this point forward.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:35 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Your connections tend to be superior to mine. It's just a bit odd. There's still border war memorabilia in the employees section of the Union and Mizzou came up occasionally when I catered the donors box. They seemed to think Self was the main driver, but donors with press box amenities may not be the most reliable sources of info... especially three quarters into a typical 60-7 blowout of KU football.
Like I said he could've been just playing to his audience. Likely in fact, but given his rather foul language I am not sure Bill's the only one here
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:50 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Spott:
I'm glad that rivalry is dead, too. It made this board pretty unbearable for a while, especially when Mizzou went to the SEC. The incessant back and forth mu/ku bickering was beyond stupid. What made it worse was that it was between a bunch of people that never went to either school and had no connections to either university.
Bullshit dude grow some skin.

The board was MUCH better w/ the border war.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:51 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Bullshit dude grow some skin.

The board was MUCH better w/ the border war.
It's banter. And it's fun. Agreed.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:23 AM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It was an exhibition game for charity. Who gives a shit?

No Mizzou fan is saying MU looked better than or even close to KU. KU is one of the top 5 teams in the country. Mizzou is a young team with a lot of talented freshman looking to rebuild the basketball program and restore its credibility.
If Martin continues to recruit at an elite level (which seems possible right now), then Mizzou can get back to being a Consistent Top 25 program and making the Tourney every year, with an ocassional deep Tourney run every 5-6 years.

That's probably the most realistic expectation for Mizzou basketball at this point. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen . . . . .
Mizzou and Deep Run in the Tourney should never be used in relation to each other. E8 isn't a deep run, and that is as far as they've ever gotten.
[Reply]
Stargazer 03:32 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I understand your point and I may agree with you. That being said, you have to also understand that schedules are made years in advance and many of those programs were good when KU scheduled them. IMO, the reason KU does not schedule MU is due to the fact that they left the Big 12 high and dry and put the conference, and therefore KU, in a perilous position. Plus, MU would gain exposure and recruiting in the KC area.
Weird, I saw Nebraska on that schedule last year, Colorado in years past...A&M this year even. So none of them left the conference "high and dry?"
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:43 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I see Graham had a nice stat line - anyone that watch, how did he play?
He was by far the best player on the court.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:57 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
*Azu....I am using this acronym in place of "Azubuike", because like "Svi", it's annoying to try and remember how to spell it...so "Azu" will be used in my posts from this point forward.

Dok.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:31 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Mizzou and Deep Run in the Tourney should never be used in relation to each other. E8 isn't a deep run, and that is as far as they've ever gotten.
Hey, I'd take E8 in a NY Minute after living with Kermit the last few years.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:35 PM 10-24-2017
One meaningless scrimmage doesn't tell you shit. Games in December barely mean anything. 7 more months of college basketball.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:00 PM 10-24-2017
I know this is a KC thing but most Mizzou fans I know don't see a need to play KU ever again.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:02 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
One meaningless scrimmage doesn't tell you shit. Games in December barely mean anything. 7 more months of college basketball.
It was fun to watch though. Which has been awhile for me.

I haven't been interested in basketball since Kim Anderson took over. I'm hoping Sterk makes the same kinda hire in football.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:10 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It was fun to watch though. Which has been awhile for me.

I haven't been interested in basketball since Kim Anderson took over. I'm hoping Sterk makes the same kinda hire in football.
You should be very excited for the basketball. I think a guy like Frank Wilson would be a kick ass hire for MU.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up