ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Curb your enthusiasm
GayFrogs 09:00 PM 10-01-2017
This needs to be a thread. New episode was great and the season arc looks amazing, even for larry david. Don't wanna spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:30 AM 01-04-2022
I agree the the overarching narrative of the season was clunky, and sometimes disappeared in an episode entirely, but I think this year had the most laugh out loud moments of any Curb season I can remember. So many episodes were just packed with memorable moments.

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way but didn't know if that was just recency bias or what. I find myself once an episode just cracking up beyond belief.

And wow - no idea that was Tracy Ullman. That's great.
Tracy was one of the season's best highlights.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:28 AM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This year, I thought many bits were inspired and many ad-libs were among the best in the history of the show, but the overarching narrative was a little creaky.

And for me personally, I find it fascinating to try to divine how much Larry can accept how much his character is like Trump without full-on admitting it, or while still pushing back. He went pretty far this season, but I think he would argue that the differences he pointed out, or at the least the consequences he gave his character, are dispositive.

Not that it turns me off or radicalizes me, or anything like that, it's just a fascinating case study, because for the longest I've asserted that Larry in character on Curb is the most Trump-like popular character in pop culture. And Larry the person is among [both counted among, and rubbing shoulders with among] the most Trump-averse personalities in celebrity.
my wife was going on about how busy everything is and the shortage of certain items.

i replied: yeah there has been an infusion of the asian variety lately (you could say this is one of the whitest towns in the mountains :-) )

she responded: i was talking about the holidays and people being off work

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 01-04-2022
Agree with most here, one of the best seasons and this season has had the most laugh out loud moments.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:32 PM 01-07-2022
So fucking funny this season.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 09:01 AM 01-09-2022
Seasons 4, 7 and 8 are certainly better than this last one. That said, Tracy Ullman was awesome and the Leon + watermelon epsiode was one of the best of the series.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up