ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2018 draft should look like the 2014 draft
RunKC 09:54 AM 09-26-2017
Looking at the roster and the financial decisions looming, I think the 2014 draft should look a lot like the 2014 draft.

2014 gave us Ford, Gaines, DAT, Murray, Fulton and LDT.

That seems to line up with what we need, ideally. Let's run through our biggest draft needs:

-OLB: Tanoh is playing this for now, but I wonder what the plan is for him. I want to continue adding another pass rusher. If we keep Tanoh at OLB to replace Tamba, I'd like to see a pass rushing DL taken to eventually replace Allen Bailey.
-CB: Peters will be given the routing number to Clark's secret Swedish bank account, so we know he will be a top 5 paid player soon enough. Mitchell has earned a new contract IMO. He's been a fine #2 CB for half a season now.
That leaves us with Gaines and Nelson. We really can't afford to pay either if we pay for Peters/Mitchell.
Gaines will most likely leave next and the new rookie CB can be the #4 CB year 1, then take over for Nelson.
-WR/gadget: I think Akeem Hunt can be a quality returner and replacement for DAT, but we need a speed receiver to get open quickly because right now it's Hill and.....(gulp) Wilson. We need insurance in case Hill he's hurt.
-Backup QB: this is a given. Andy will draft one next spring.
-OL: I hope we take 2 height/weight/speed guys. LDT, Ehinger and Witzmann have proven that this staff can turn those guys into decent players at worst.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 09-26-2017
I thought Murray was 2015?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:54 PM 04-04-2018
Revisiting the 2014 draft.

https://youtu.be/K-mtJWjL3Hg
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:03 PM 04-04-2018
E; oh god damnit, I was quoting a post from last year.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:05 PM 04-04-2018
So long as it doesn't look like the 2014 draft for the Raiders.

Khalil Mack
David Carr
Gabe Jackson
Justin Ellis
TJ Carrie

That's a damn good haul.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:50 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
E; oh god damnit, I was quoting a post from last year.

That’s old age talking.
[Reply]
Up