ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 130
« First < 3080120126127128129130
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
jd1020 09:17 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Heyman says Cards looking at Wade Davis. Love Wader but that arm scares me.

cards also have made back-end pen a priority: the great wade davis would seem to be an excellent fit. holland also would make sense (tho rox make most sense for him, if they can work it out)

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 22, 2017

Not exactly what he said.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:58 AM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
with the addition of Ozuna, I don't think you can label this off season as "doing nothing".
Just saw this on Birdios.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carlos and Marcell crossed paths many times - sharing a training complex during Spring Training, at the All Star Game, and even at charity events. It was seemingly meant to be that Carlos and Marcell would become friends... and Ozuna eventually a Cardinal. It was something Carlos and Yadi had even joked with Ozuna about at the 2017 All Star Game, per Ben Hochman of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
“Carlos and Yadi had joked around with me — ‘We’re going to bring you to the Cardinals!’” Ozuna recalled. “They’d joke around back and forth. So the nervousness went away when I thought of those little exchanges with Carlos and Yadi. If I’m being traded, at least I’m being traded to guys that I know. The anxiety and nervousness went away.”
Everything always seems to work out in the end. It is funny how that happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he may have a chance to be happy here and we can resign him. We have the money to pay Ozuna his next contract. If he has a season in 2018 at 85% of 2017. Whats the new deal going to cost? Does he get $300 million?

We still need another bat. Thats another $200-$400 million. Thats still just a 1/3 of our new cable money. Are my guessing numbers correct?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 12-22-2017
Just saw this on Birdios.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carlos and Marcell crossed paths many times - sharing a training complex during Spring Training, at the All Star Game, and even at charity events. It was seemingly meant to be that Carlos and Marcell would become friends... and Ozuna eventually a Cardinal. It was something Carlos and Yadi had even joked with Ozuna about at the 2017 All Star Game, per Ben Hochman of the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
“Carlos and Yadi had joked around with me — ‘We’re going to bring you to the Cardinals!’” Ozuna recalled. “They’d joke around back and forth. So the nervousness went away when I thought of those little exchanges with Carlos and Yadi. If I’m being traded, at least I’m being traded to guys that I know. The anxiety and nervousness went away.”
Everything always seems to work out in the end. It is funny how that happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he may have a chance to be happy here and we can resign him. We have the money to pay Ozuna his next contract. If he has a season in 2018 at 85% of 2017. Whats the new deal going to cost? Does he get $300 million?

We still need another bat. Thats another $200-$400 million. Thats still just a 1/3 of our new cable money. Are my guessing numbers correct?
No, he won't approach $300 million.

I'd say something in the neighborhood of 6/$132. And he won't get anywhere near that at '85%' of his 2017. A .785 OPS ain't gonna get ya paid.

If he stays in the 4-5 WAR range, he'll get something similar to what Upton just signed with a bit of a kicker for inflation. He's not getting a 10 year deal and he's not getting anywhere close to $30 million in AAV.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:39 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No, he won't approach $300 million.

I'd say something in the neighborhood of 6/$132. And he won't get anywhere near that at '85%' of his 2017. A .785 OPS ain't gonna get ya paid.

If he stays in the 4-5 WAR range, he'll get something similar to what Upton just signed with a bit of a kicker for inflation. He's not getting a 10 year deal and he's not getting anywhere close to $30 million in AAV.
sounds reasonable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:32 PM 12-22-2017
I didn't know that the Disney/Fox deal meant that Fox Sports Midwest is sold to ESPN. That seems to change things.

Instead of getting 30% of the yearly profits, the Cardinals now get 30% of the sale. Do the Cardinals just put that on their Stadium debt and we don't see any of that money put towards players payroll? Or was this sale where they were counting on the cash to pay out $250 million to Stanton?

Also if they owned the TV station, it behooved them to keep a good team playing on those TV sets. Are they now just concerned with the butts in the seats at Bush?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:46 PM 12-22-2017
I didn't know that the Disney/Fox deal meant that Fox Sports Midwest is sold to ESPN. That seems to change things.

Instead of getting 30% of the yearly profits, the Cardinals now get 30% of the sale. Do the Cardinals just put that on their Stadium debt and we don't see any of that money put towards players payroll? Or was this sale where they were counting on the cash to pay out $250 million to Stanton?

Also if they owned the TV station, it behooved them to keep a good team playing on those TV sets. Are they now just concerned with the butts in the seats at Bush?
I haven't seen information anywhere suggesting that the Cardinals are giving up their stake in FSMW as a condition of the sale. If you buy someone's stock who has the controlling shares of a company you don't get every share in the company, just what the seller owns and is willing to sell.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:41 PM 12-30-2017
Saw a clip from the Hot Stove on the Cubs still discussing Machado from a few days ago and the rumor is, according to Nick Cafardo

Originally Posted by :
1. Manny Machado, 3B, Orioles — The most substantive trade talks seem to be with the Cubs; Addison Russell, Albert Almora, and Mike Montgomery were reportedly discussed in a package.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/r...am_LeadArticle

Lost me at Almora. You have to be absolutely certain that Machado will re-sign to add Almora into the deal, imo. If he didn't re-sign you have nobody to play CF after you move Baez to SS and Happ to 2B.

So you lose the top flight infield defense you built if he doesn't re-sign while simultaneously hurting the outfield defense too. And you also lose the only hitter on the 25 man roster that would make sense leading off (And fuck you, Maddon. I can already hear you butting in with your "but, but, but Schwarber." Just NO!)

Russell and Montegomery I could get behind. Need to find someone in the minors to replace Almora, though.

Guess I should be thankful that there doesn't appear to be much traction to the rumor because it's a week old. Would think the Orioles would have already signed off on that deal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:49 PM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Saw a clip from the Hot Stove on the Cubs still discussing Machado from a few days ago and the rumor is, according to Nick Cafardo

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/r...am_LeadArticle

Lost me at Almora. You have to be absolutely certain that Machado will re-sign to add Almora into the deal, imo. If he didn't re-sign you have nobody to play CF after you move Baez to SS and Happ to 2B.

So you lose the top flight infield defense you built if he doesn't re-sign while simultaneously hurting the outfield defense too. And you also lose the only hitter on the 25 man roster that would make sense leading off (And fuck you, Maddon. I can already hear you butting in with your "but, but, but Schwarber." Just NO!)

Russell and Montegomery I could get behind. Need to find someone in the minors to replace Almora, though.

Guess I should be thankful that there doesn't appear to be much traction to the rumor because it's a week old. Would think the Orioles would have already signed off on that deal.
Seems like a lot to pay for a one year rental, to me anyway.

I dont think anyone is going to sign him until he reaches free agency and the market decides his worth.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:40 AM 01-03-2018
Fescoe was in tears this AM over reports that the cards are looking at Hosmer.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:06 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
he should be happy. Most opinions expressed here say Gyrko is way better than Hosmer. So he makes us a worse team and we spend $120 million. How is that not a win-win for Fescoe?
[Reply]
bdj23 07:12 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Fescoe is a tool
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:33 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Cardinals make a big splash in FA!

Hope he learned a bit over there in Japan and didn't just feast on lesser talent because his numbers in the majors would make me puke for $7-8M a year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ikolmi01.shtml

Ended up being ur only AS
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:36 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Ended up being ur only AS
Why would you bump last years thread you fucking dumbass
[Reply]
banecat 12:40 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Fescoe is a tool
And possibly a racist
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:51 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Why would you bump last years thread you fucking dumbass
Normally, I tend to leave the Cardinals threads alone...unless it's a single post at the beginning of the season, but since PB took the liberty of bumping one that is a year old, I would say this is permissible....

CARDINALS SUCK!
[Reply]
Page 130 of 130
« First < 3080120126127128129130
Up