ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Any lawyers on CP
bdj23 03:30 PM 12-06-2018
Especially ones that deal with shitty property management companies?

Could one pm me if they have a little bit of time.
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:05 PM 12-06-2018
no, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

just let them have the copper, replace it with pvc pipe
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:06 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It's an out of state property management company
I think if you do what I said in the PM your credit will be safe or at least you'll be able to justify the ding to any potential lender.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:08 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I think if you do what I said in the PM your credit will be safe or at least you'll be able to justify the ding to any potential lender.
Thank you. I appreciate it.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:14 PM 12-06-2018
It's an out of state property management company

If its a big company they might have a procedure where they just automatically sue you , without regard to common sense or math.

Its a little easier dealing with a local mom and pop...

Another question is:

Is this a big enough issue where 6 more months is worth even going through these possibilities.....?
[Reply]
bdj23 04:18 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
If its a big company they might have a procedure where they just automatically sue you , without regard to common sense or math.

Its a little easier dealing with a local mom and pop...

Another question is:

Is this a big enough issue where 6 more months is worth even going through these possibilities.....?
I'm to the point where every time i sign a check to these people i almost stroke out with anger. 6 months isn't that long of a time i know, but if i can find an out to move, i want to take it.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:20 PM 12-06-2018
I'm to the point where every time i sign a check to these people i almost stroke out with anger.

that sucks, man

I hope you get out of there soon. Sounds like they are pretty lame....
[Reply]
BWillie 04:29 PM 12-06-2018
Property management companies are quite scummy. Sometimes if you can contact the actual owner - they'll even be more reasonable. Property management companies many times will just stifle you and do everything they can to not listen to what you have to say.
[Reply]
jjjayb 04:33 PM 12-06-2018
UChieffyBugger is a lawyer. But he only deals with deformation of character cases.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:34 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
UChieffyBugger is a lawyer. But he only deals with deformation of character cases.
He is also a britoutstanding citizen and that island should be nuked.

Wait what? They filtered c uck on here?!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:14 PM 12-06-2018
You need to point out all the flaws and document it all and have a lawyer that can handle tenant law form up a legal letter and send it certified mail.

If its on a lawyers letterhead you'll get your shit resolved. If not, you need to give ample notice that you're breaking your lease early because of reasons x,y,z and make it clear that any sort of legal action will be countered with legal action on your end.

When you leave that apartment, shoot a video documenting every single inch of the apartment so they don't try to claim you trashed it.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:19 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You need to point out all the flaws and document it all and have a lawyer that can handle tenant law form up a legal letter and send it certified mail.

If its on a lawyers letterhead you'll get your shit resolved. If not, you need to give ample notice that you're breaking your lease early because of reasons x,y,z and make it clear that any sort of legal action will be countered with legal action on your end.

When you leave that apartment, shoot a video documenting every single inch of the apartment so they don't try to claim you trashed it.
Sound advice. Thank you very much.
[Reply]
Yehoodi 06:19 PM 12-06-2018
I am an attorney and manage some property here in Massachusetts. I am not familiar with Kansas law, but some things are the same. Not sure if I could help you.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:24 PM 12-06-2018
but if i can find an out to move, i want to take it.
This could be a whole new thread. :-)

Perhaps walk around outside in your skivvies muttering incoherently, loud enough for people to hear you?

Go to the local pet store and buy a gallon of live cockroaches and cut them loose? The possibilities are endless. :-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:31 PM 12-06-2018
I've worked for several shitty property management companies, and while I'm not sure what your issue is, if it's with on site management and you have not yet contacted the corporate office regarding it, you need to do so immediately. Corporate doesn't like to hear from residents and generally will do whatever they need to do to keep from hearing from you again, even if the issue is your fault.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 12-06-2018
PM Frazod.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up