ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith suffering serious complications.
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 12-06-2018
[Bickel] Hearing from several different people over last few days that Alex Smith is having devastating complications from his broken leg surgery battling infection. Supposedly he's had multiple surgeries to try to combat infection. Chances of him playing again in real jeaopardy.

This fucking sucks.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:27 AM 12-08-2018
I hope the man recovers because he is a good man... It’s the QB part that needs to retire...
Get well soon Alex..
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:02 PM 12-08-2018
[Garafolo] Alex Smith has had close to half a dozen surgeries. They inserted a plate in his leg to bind the bone, got infected, they had to take it out. Reason for numerous follow-up surgeries
[Reply]
FAX 07:14 PM 12-08-2018
F*** this is horrible.

More positive thoughts sent to the aethers for AS11. May the Great Spirit intervene on his behalf.

I feel for both him and his family. The suck in this one is strong.

FAX
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:20 PM 12-08-2018
Really terrible.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 PM 12-08-2018
I'm hoping he recovers fully and then decides to call it quits for his career. Ride off into the sunset with your millions of dollars and enjoy the rest of your life, Alex.
[Reply]
chinaski 07:48 PM 12-08-2018
I really hope Alex makes a full recovery, I really do. Thoughts and Prayers for Alex and his family.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:51 PM 12-08-2018
They should of sanitized the plate first before they reused it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:55 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
They should of sanitized the plate first before they reused it.
Sometimes you just can't get any more use out of those old plates.

You gotta get a fresh one.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:57 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sometimes you just can't get any more use out of those old plates.

You gotta get a fresh one.
True, when being resourceful goes terribly wrong.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:04 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I won’t lie. He ruined my chiefs experience for the last 5 years. 1-5 pretty much summed It up.
I understand this post. But was he really at fault? He was a guy with a talent level that was defined and limited and we all understood. Was there a time when he should’ve retired because he didn’t feel like he could find a wide open Tyreek Hill in a playoff game against the Steelers? Maybe save the anger and direct it toward the front office who didn’t draft Mahomes earlier?

I get it. Alex Smith disappointed us all and it’s much easier to see because we have the second coming of Jesus Christ rising before us. But don’t blame him for what happened to the Chiefs. It’s not like there’s evidence the guy was half-assing it.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:12 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I understand this post. But was he really at fault? He was a guy with a talent level that was defined and limited and we all understood. Was there a time when he should’ve retired because he didn’t feel like he could find a wide open Tyreek Hill in a playoff game against the Steelers? Maybe save the anger and direct it toward the front office who didn’t draft Mahomes earlier?

I get it. Alex Smith disappointed us all and it’s much easier to see because we have the second coming of Jesus Christ rising before us. But don’t blame him for what happened to the Chiefs. It’s not like there’s evidence the guy was half-assing it.
Six different coordinators early in his career is what hamstrung Alex.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:30 PM 12-08-2018
I don't understand how a man with the intelligence level of Smith could NOT look at his career during his time as a Chief, make a brutally honest assessment regarding his talent level vs physical health, and not draw the conclusion that retirement rather than trading was the way to go.
And don't give me that "eye of the tiger/champion"-bullshit on this one; that particular version of 'fight or flight' is reserved for the ring-bearers and MVP's of this league.

It's nice we got some value for him, but he should have called it a day.

In any event, I hope he recovers and doesn't lose a leg because that would be horrible for him and his family. None of this changes that I do NOT appreciate Smith the player or his time here, but obviously you don't want to see a man lose a limb over something as fleeting as football.
[Reply]
loochy 09:35 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I don't understand how a man with the intelligence level of Smith could NOT look at his career during his time as a Chief, make a brutally honest assessment regarding his talent level vs physical health, and not draw the conclusion that retirement rather than trading was the way to go.
Dude, you tell me how much his last contract was worth.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:36 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And don't give me that "eye of the tiger/champion"-bullshit on this one; that particular version of 'fight or flight' is reserved for the ring-bearers and MVP's of this league.

It's nice we got some value for him, but he should have called it a day.

In any event, I hope he recovers and doesn't lose a leg because that would be horrible for him and his family. None of this changes that I do NOT appreciate Smith the player or his time here, but obviously you don't want to see a man lose a limb over something as fleeting as football.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:36 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Dude, you tell me how much his last contract was worth.
Potentially worth a leg.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up