ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cleveland PD Launch Investigation Into How NFL Obtained Kareem Hunt's Police Video
BlackOp 01:44 AM 12-06-2018
https://deadspin.com/report-clevelan...nfl-1830895837
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:14 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Hopefully we'll see some deefordation of character on Lamar Jackson this Sunday!
Maybe he'll get houstonized as well.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:18 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I'm still waiting for your evidence that she was "brutalized"? Or are you gonna be a COWARD and not back up your words? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
oldman 09:19 AM 12-06-2018
TMZ isn't going to get sued over that headline. Go to your local grocery store and look at the headlines in the rags they have a checkout. Alien babies, false reports of people dying, affairs between people that have never met, and my fav, Batboy. I'd say shoving and kicking a woman was brutal, so there's no defamation there.
The first question is why that surveillance tape wasn't turned over to the CPD by the hotel. As someone mentioned earlier, that hallway is a public area, not his room. The next question is why the NFL didn't follow procedure to obtain a copy. Another question is why the NFL sat on this investigation. It surely doesn't take 9+ months to find the truth on this incident.
What happens to the person that gave this tape to TMZ is between that person and the hotel. Hunt has no standing in that matter. Again, the hallway is a public place and there is not expectation of privacy.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:19 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
To win against TMZ, Hunt would have to prove that TMZ lied about him pushing and kicking that woman, which isn't going to happen because there's video of it.

Media organizations have pretty strong 1st amendment protections, for good reason.
Yeah I'm sure using surveillance footage to torpedo young drunk professional athletes months after the fact is exactly what our founding fathers had in mind.
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:48 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Deformed Character:

Posted via Mobile Device
AJ Hawk makes a special guest appearance.
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:48 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
NOBODY cared about the headline. NOBODY.

The public is angry because he pushed, caused to be knocked down and kicked a woman.

He has no job because he lied to his employer and made them look bad. Not because of a headline.

TMZ published the body cam footage in July and neither the team nor league gave a crap because there was no video of the actual assault.
Guess you listen or watch many of the NFL talk shows. Most of them alluded to the headline being over the top.
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:50 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by oldman:
TMZ isn't going to get sued over that headline. Go to your local grocery store and look at the headlines in the rags they have a checkout. Alien babies, false reports of people dying, affairs between people that have never met, and my fav, Batboy. I'd say shoving and kicking a woman was brutal, so there's no defamation there.
The first question is why that surveillance tape wasn't turned over to the CPD by the hotel. As someone mentioned earlier, that hallway is a public area, not his room. The next question is why the NFL didn't follow procedure to obtain a copy. Another question is why the NFL sat on this investigation. It surely doesn't take 9+ months to find the truth on this incident.
What happens to the person that gave this tape to TMZ is between that person and the hotel. Hunt has no standing in that matter. Again, the hallway is a public place and there is not expectation of privacy.
They get sued all the time for defamation. Most get thrown out because it's hard to prove any financial loss. This it is VERY easy to prove a financial loss. It's considered Yellow reporting and is considered unethical.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:55 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
They get sued all the time for defamation. Most get thrown out because it's hard to prove any financial loss. This it is VERY easy to prove a financial loss. It's considered Yellow reporting and is considered unethical.
Unethical =/= Illegal
[Reply]
oldman 10:52 AM 12-06-2018
Yes, they do get sued often, but my comment was about the headline. It was a brutal attack, no doubt about it. If he has financial loss, it's not due to the headline, it's due to his actions violating established NFL guidelines.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
The bigger story here is the NFL knew about this incident, according to Cleveland PD, back in FEBRUARY.

That means the NFL has yet again lied about a physical altercation between a player and woman. The NFL again tried to sweep it under the rug.

The NFL told the Chiefs not to investigate. Why would they do that if they knew the contents of the video?
Just to be clear, there are TWO videos.

The hotel video showing Kareem shoving and kicking and police body cam video showing interviews with the participants.

This thread is about the LATTER not the former.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:40 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just to be clear, there are TWO videos.

The hotel video showing Kareem shoving and kicking and police body cam video showing interviews with the participants.

This thread is about the LATTER not the former.
Yeah I get that, although I was a bit groggy when I wrote that post this morning.

I'm just extremely skeptical that the NFL wasn't well aware of the details of the situation.

I expect the NFL to handle this in the dumbest way possible. I don't think theres some huge conspiracy, I just think the NFL is incompetent.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:49 AM 12-06-2018
Did they fire him because:

a) He pushed a woman.
b) He caused the woman to get knocked to the ground
c) He kicked the woman while she was down
d) Lied to the team about a- c at least twice

or

e) Clark Hunt was enraged by the TMZ headline and but for the headline, Clark would have been cool with a-d. In fact, if the headline read "Kareem hunt defends inebriated woman by preventing her from entering a room where his friend wanted to fornicate with her", Clark would have given him a hefty raise and contract extension.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 12:19 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
In fact, if the headline read "Kareem hunt defends inebriated woman by preventing her from entering a room where his friend wanted to fornicate with her", Clark would have given him a hefty raise and contract extension.
LOL. Sad but true
[Reply]
bdj23 12:25 PM 12-06-2018
While Kareem did this to himself, if he could burn TMZ along with, i'd be willing to forgive him.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:26 PM 12-06-2018
So first everyone complains because the NFL didn't get the video months ago. Now they are going to get sued because they final got to watch it. If TMZ already leaked the video how is the NFL going to get blamed for leaking it?

Maybe the stupid fucking Cleveland PD should investigate who TMZ paid to get a copy of the video. Maybe their storage clerk suddenly has a new car.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up