< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Aquaman Trailer
Tribal Warfare 02:19 PM 07-21-2018

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:42 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Only two reasons to post online, and they are to vent or for attention
:-)

Weird, because everyone else seems to be able to hold a conversation about a variety of topics w/o being a perpetual nag about everything.

I think it's funny. Like a cartoon character. I don't want JPB to change, don't get me wrong. Constantly posting like you're the most miserable human on earth is funny. Intentional or not.
[Reply]
banecat 10:48 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

Weird, because everyone else seems to be able to hold a conversation about a variety of topics w/o being a perpetual nag about everything.

I think it's funny. Like a cartoon character. I don't want JPB to change, don't get me wrong. Constantly posting like you're the most miserable human on earth is funny. Intentional or not.
Not everyone. But it's become the majority. But I'm including all online posting like twitter, the Facebook, and so on
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 07-24-2018
So Atlantis is essentially White Wakanda?

And for the record, I still think the constant need to bitch about the DC Universe is stupid. Apart from Suicide Squad, those movies have ranged from tolerably brainless to genuinely good.

And if this has as much Amber Heard in it as it appears, I'm on board. I mean, I know she has to have contracted some of Johnny Depp's various diseases and terminal crazy, but still - that girl's good lookin' right there. Not sure the fake red hair works, but whatever.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:14 PM 07-24-2018
I think Snyder's biggest mistake was making ****ing Superman a miserable son of a *****.

Superman could easily handle a dark universe, but to bastardize that character like that should have raised red flags from the moment Man of Steel hit theaters.

I loved Ben Affleck as Batman infinitely more from scene 1 than I ever felt about Cavill's SuperBland. Seriously, nail Supes characterization and I'd argue WB would be in much better standing than they are now. Instead we got Sullenman.

Like, imagine if Iron Man botched Tony Stark's characterization. I'd argue Man of Steel had every bit the potential (probably moreso, people were already way more invested in Superman than they were in Iron Man in 2008) to launch WB's franchise like Iron Man did for Marvel, but it just didn't happen.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:58 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think Snyder's biggest mistake was making ****ing Superman a miserable son of a *****.

Superman could easily handle a dark universe, but to bastardize that character like that should have raised red flags from the moment Man of Steel hit theaters.

I loved Ben Affleck as Batman infinitely more from scene 1 than I ever felt about Cavill's SuperBland. Seriously, nail Supes characterization and I'd argue WB would be in much better standing than they are now. Instead we got Sullenman.

Like, imagine if Iron Man botched Tony Stark's characterization. I'd argue Man of Steel had every bit the potential (probably moreso, people were already way more invested in Superman than they were in Iron Man in 2008) to launch WB's franchise like Iron Man did for Marvel, but it just didn't happen.
Suicide squad suffered from a schizophrenic tone and too many characters. They should of done something more down to Earth and a reason why Waller would call supervillains rather than the people she had files one. I for one would of stole from the comics and had Cheshire steal a US nuclear weapon and hold some country, Qurac, for ransom.

That is something you don't want people you don't control fully knowing about.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:10 PM 07-24-2018
The only decent DC movie of this crop is Wonder Woman and even that is wildly overrated. I think people were so excited to see a fun, coherent movie that they went nuts for it. (Plus the female lead angle gave it a boost)

This looks totally fucking brain dead and more of what we got in Justice League. It could, however be a fun brand of brain dead with James Wan directing so I'm holding out hope for that.
[Reply]
notorious 08:28 PM 07-24-2018
I can't get excited for Aquaman. Sorry.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:33 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So Atlantis is essentially White Wakanda?

And for the record, I still think the constant need to bitch about the DC Universe is stupid. Apart from Suicide Squad, those movies have ranged from tolerably brainless to genuinely good.

And if this has as much Amber Heard in it as it appears, I'm on board. I mean, I know she has to have contracted some of Johnny Depp's various diseases and terminal crazy, but still - that girl's good lookin' right there. Not sure the fake red hair works, but whatever.
Batman vs Superman is the worst movie of this DC Universe.

It is an absolute abomination.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:12 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
I can't get excited for Aquaman. Sorry.
Aquaman is awesome now.

Actually, he's been awesome since at least the Justice League Unlimited cartoon in the early 2000s.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Batman vs Superman is the worst movie of this DC Universe.

It is an absolute abomination.
The extended cut was pretty decent. The theatrical release took out some parts that were pretty necessary for the movie, IMO.

The extended cut is damn long and I can understand how someone that has seen the regular release wouldn't want to sit through a longer version of it, but if you want to see what the filmmakers were actually trying to do there (and, IMO, actually did pretty well), try to find some time to watch the extended cut. I think they call it the Directors Edition or something like that.

It's a worthwhile endeavor.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
The only decent DC movie of this crop is Wonder Woman and even that is wildly overrated. I think people were so excited to see a fun, coherent movie that they went nuts for it. (Plus the female lead angle gave it a boost)

This looks totally fucking brain dead and more of what we got in Justice League. It could, however be a fun brand of brain dead with James Wan directing so I'm holding out hope for that.
Justice League had the same problem that a lot of Marvel movies had - just an incredible wrote, bland villain. But I thought the 'league' was pretty good; well casted and well performed. They could put a little more effort into grumbly cyborg guy next time (the CGI looked dated from the moment the movie came out), but otherwise it falls in the same "okay - this is fine' sort of realm for me and with some genuinely interesting parts.

Then again, I don't hate Cavill's superman as much as everyone else does. And I really liked the optimistic sort of turn he took into what I would consider the 'golden age' Superman when he returned.

I thought Justice League was a nice step in the right direction but I'm betting they lose Affleck before they really find strong purchase.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:07 AM 07-25-2018
Still waiting on a decent Spawn reboot.... Maybe even a Batman vs Spawn...

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 07-25-2018

Fucking yes please.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:45 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Apart from Suicide Squad, those movies have ranged from tolerably brainless to genuinely good.
No, but thinking that is where your problem lies. Even the studio acknowledges, by its actions, that the movies have been crap.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:41 PM 07-25-2018

Recently, Jaime Fox has signed on
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up