ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>Finally a movie I've marked my calendar for
Nzoner 07:15 AM 05-18-2018

[Reply]
Nzoner 10:26 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, that was awesome. Definitely lived up to expectations. Malek was amazing.

Didn't realize that Joe Mazzello was in it - he played John Deacon (bass player).

Malek and Mazzello on the right:

Malek and Mazzello as Snafu and Sledge in The Pacific:

Hoping Malek is in the conversation come awards time.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:00 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Hoping Malek is in the conversation come awards time.
I'd wager that Malek wins best actor and Lady Ga Ga wins best actress. She was amazing in A Star Is Born.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:28 AM 11-22-2018
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
I thought this was about as good as a music career biopic could get. I'm so glad Ali G turned this role down. I'm also happy he forced the issue and told the band that their script wouldn't work. The film does really well showing Freddy in decadence but spares the audience from graphic depravity.
Yeah, I agree. I'm kind of puzzled by the criticism I'm reading from some (not here necessarily) that it didn't go far enough into the darker side of his life. I guess I don't feel the need to know all about the details of Freddie's life of "sex, drugs, and rock and roll."

I do kind of wish they had stuck with the true history when it comes to when he was diagnosed with AIDS, breaking up the band, etc., but if their main goal was to just give people a way of understanding what Freddie was like, I think they did a fantastic job.

And, as others have said in the thread, Rami's performance was fantastic. I also really liked how they blended in Freddie's vocals so seamlessly. I expected that to be more jarring, but you almost couldn't tell when it was Rami singing and when Freddie's voice came in.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 11:04 AM 11-22-2018
From what I've read, if they couldn't match Freddie's voice to the image they used the Canadian singer Mark Martel. He's the singer on the official Queen Extravaganza touring show. He's pretty good. I think Rami's voice was used only when he sang up close in the studio or in the alley audition, something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptr3..._ibZu&index=37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egtJi967tgM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Martel
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:14 PM 11-22-2018
Saw it last night. Great movie. Felt like it was more about FM than Queen. But that is ok.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:29 PM 11-22-2018
My wife and I saw this last weekend. Great flick, loved it, loved it, loved it!
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:58 AM 11-24-2018
Just saw the movie a little while ago. Came home in a much better mood than I left, it was a lot of fun.

Most everyone in the theater weren't born at the time of Live Aid, but pretty sure they experienced Freddie's charisma and the excitement of the music. Or so I like to think.

I'm ready to quit my job and start a band.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:48 PM 11-27-2018
Finally saw this movie. Fantastic movie. Excellent writing, acting and direction. Avoided being cliche. Highly recommend.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:20 PM 11-28-2018
I just came in from seeing it. I loved it! It was excellent! Some very funny lines too. I cried in the end though. Very sad.

What a BIG personality Mercury was. Had no idea his family were Indian and were Zoroastrian. Or about Mary Austin.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:42 AM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I just came in from seeing it. I loved it! It was excellent! Some very funny lines too.
Loved this

[Reply]
Dartgod 10:41 AM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Loved this

Damn, that makes me want to go see this again.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:14 PM 11-30-2018
got my 8yo and 3 yo loving We Will Rock You.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:16 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Damn, that makes me want to go see this again.
Going to catch a nice buzz and take my firework girls to see this.They have yet to see it and are in their 20's,so I'm hoping it gives them a little appreciation of why the old man raves about certain music like I do.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:45 AM 12-04-2018
I saw this Saturday night with Mrs. B. I thought it was terrific. I have several musical bio pics I like: Buddy Holly Story with Gary Busey, La Bamba with Lou Diamond Phillips, Ray with Jamie Foxx, Get on Up with Chadwick Boseman, and this one with Rami Malek. While I was watching the movie, I kept thinking about the guy cast as the bass player and kept thinking, "Where have I seen him?" He's Joe Mazzello from the WWII series "The Pacific." He played Sledgehammer, and Rami Malek was Snafu. So cool that they're in this film, with lead and supporting roles reversed this time. Also the guy who plays the EMI record exec who says Bohemian Rhapsody would never be a hit is Mike Meyers, who brought the song back to a new generation in Wayne's World. Also, the original director bailed out on the movie and the guy they brought in, Dexter Fletcher, played Sgt John Martin in the WWII series "Band of Brothers." I thought that was cool. Malek was unbelievable as Freddie. I think he deserves an oscar.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:09 AM 12-04-2018
He was the little kid in the original Jurassic Park, too.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up