ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>Antman and Wasp
Sure-Oz 09:50 AM 01-30-2018
New trailer. If someone can embed, thanks

@AntMan: Real heroes. Not actual size. Watch the brand new trailer for Marvel Studios' "Ant-Man and the Wasp," in theaters July 6th! #AntManandWasp https://twitter.com/AntMan/status/95...024129/video/1
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:57 PM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It was okay. Probably have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen Deadpool 2, which was better in every conceivable way.
Those movies are great, but I can’t compare them to anything MCU.

They are basically parodies of the superhero genre.

Ant man is meant to be serious with some light hearted humor sprinkled in.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:24 AM 07-08-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I have no spoilers but I'm hearing bad things from 3 different people.

Great CGI and action scenes, good acting, horrible comedy.

That's not good. Actually, that's kind of the exact opposite of what I'd expect after Paul Rudd #1.
I thought it was funny and enjoyed it more than the first one. Evangeline Lilly I felt was the lead more than Rudd too. It was a fun movie.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:05 AM 07-08-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Those movies are great, but I can’t compare them to anything MCU.

They are basically parodies of the superhero genre.

Ant man is meant to be serious with some light hearted humor sprinkled in.
I didn't think Ant Man was great. That was my point.

I guess it's like every great white hope wide receiver in Chiefs history. It's meh at best but somebody's going to do their best to convince me it's awesome. Marc Boerigter in movie form.

It wasn't bad there just wasn't anything to it aside from visuals. Basic plot, flat jokes, no emotional stakes, nothing. It's not some palate cleanser post-Avengers, it's just the lamest Marvel movie from the last several years. I'd put it about on par with Thor 2 or Iron Man 3. It's a disappointment to me after Black Panther and Ragnarok.

But it's not bad, per se. Just not especially good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:18 AM 07-08-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I didn't think Ant Man was great. That was my point.

I guess it's like every great white hope wide receiver in Chiefs history. It's meh at best but somebody's going to do their best to convince me it's awesome. Marc Boerigter in movie form.

It wasn't bad there just wasn't anything to it aside from visuals. Basic plot, flat jokes, no emotional stakes, nothing. It's not some palate cleanser post-Avengers, it's just the lamest Marvel movie from the last several years. I'd put it about on par with Thor 2 or Iron Man 3. It's a disappointment to me after Black Panther and Ragnarok.

But it's not bad, per se. Just not especially good.
there were a lot of laughs from the audience all through the movie in the theatre when I saw this movie.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:03 AM 07-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there were a lot of laughs from the audience all through the movie in the theatre when I saw this movie.
Same.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:39 PM 07-08-2018
Same here. I really enjoyed it. Started a bit slow, but closed well.
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:45 PM 07-08-2018
That first teaser at the end.......(I called it to myself, but whoa).......
[Reply]
JD10367 07:45 PM 07-10-2018
Solid flick. I liked the first one better but it's hard for sequels to top originals. (Same went for "Deadpool 2".) As for the post-credits scene, we all assume that has something to do with "Infinity War 2" in terms of how they get out of the hole they've dug by killing half the population, and it's a good assumption given that IMDB lists three of the "Ant Man" cast as being in the next film.
Attached: iw2 cast.JPG (66.5 KB) 
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 07-11-2018
Gonna take my little one to see it tonight. We both loved the first one. Hopefully this one holds up.
[Reply]
Hawk 03:28 PM 07-12-2018

That's not good. Actually, that's kind of the exact opposite of what I'd expect after Paul Rudd #1.
Man your friends just might be no fun. I don't see how you come out of the movie saying a lot of bad stuff about it. Not saying it was the greatest or anything, but it was an enjoyable movie, good action, good acting and characters, and enough humor to keep it light. I wouldn't let a few sour pusses keep you from it, if you like Marvel movies in general, you will very likely enjoy this one as well. And it ends with a bang in the mid-credit scene.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:58 PM 07-12-2018
Saw it yesterday. Thought it was great. Ant Man is a much needed palette cleanser after the darkness of a lot of the other MCU movies recently (credits scene notwithstanding).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 PM 07-12-2018

you need more fun friends. It’s not a great movie but it’s defintely a fun movie.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:34 AM 07-13-2018
you need more fun friends. It’s not a great movie but it’s defintely a fun movie.
Good enough for me. Ant Man isn't one I paid for at the theater anyway. I'll be watching it on the Roku whenever it's available for rent...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:22 AM 07-13-2018
I consider it superior to Infinity War. Well, I enjoyed it more than Infinity War.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:31 PM 07-14-2018
wow some harsh people. It is a solid marvel movie, and better as usual than most of DC movies.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up