ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 39
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>CW: The Flash
keg in kc 02:22 PM 05-15-2014
Time to give it its own thread...

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:38 PM 10-08-2014
Going to watch it in a few. I've only heard good things so far.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:10 PM 10-08-2014
Started really good, lagged a bit in the middle, picked up again at the end. Occasionally some groan-worthy dialogue but all in all I thought it a promising start.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:24 PM 10-08-2014
Dvring it tonight
[Reply]
wazu 08:27 PM 10-08-2014
Watched it with the family tonight. My boys have been big fans of "The Flash" old-school comic books of Barry Allen, so it had a lot to live up to.

My review: (Spoilers)

My boys (11 and 9) and wife all loved it. I agree with keg about some groan-worthy dialogue. I'm not a huge fan of the guy they picked to play Barry Allen. Seems like a pretty boy, sort of over-actor.

Since I've read the comics, for the first time I found myself in comic book nerd hell. I kind of liked that comic book Barry didn't have a tragic past of any kind. But that doesn't fit the formula that everybody uses now where every hero is a dark, sad character who witnessed the death of their parents as a kid, so they had to write that in.

Also in the books Barry is dating Iris right from the start. She's a news reporter. I can kind of understand this change. Romance is a plot that writers will want to develop and be able to lean on, but they go a little too far. Having her basically declare him to not only be in the "friend zone", but actually the "brother zone" right from the start, then getting in a full-on relationship during the first episode with a guy who is clearly going to be a regular. Too far.

I do like that they are putting more science/explanation into his creation in the series than they did in the comics. Basically the comics it's a completely random storm. I also like that he has some allies, whereas in the comics nobody knows his identity until later on in the story.

The "Arrow" cameo was terrible. I've never seen that show, and know nothing about the guy. My family was sitting there going "huh?" at that scene. Not everybody watches the WC. Some of us just showed up for this.

The episode itself was pretty good. Helped set the stage for lots of potential baddies that could be out there. We were especially happy to see that "Grodd" is foreshadowed. He's pretty much the Lex Luther/Joker of the Flash comic books if there is one.

I'll give it a solid "B" grade at this point. The previews for episode 2 showed some promise. One thing I've always wondered is how the "action" scenes would look for The Flash, and in episode 1 they looked really good. We'll definitely be tuning in weekly to watch for the entirety of Season 1.
[Reply]
Silock 10:29 PM 10-08-2014
I loved it. Pacing was great, it was still fun, and tons of easter eggs.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:01 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by wazu:
Watched it with the family tonight. My boys have been big fans of "The Flash" old-school comic books of Barry Allen, so it had a lot to live up to.

My review: (Spoilers)

My boys (11 and 9) and wife all loved it. I agree with keg about some groan-worthy dialogue. I'm not a huge fan of the guy they picked to play Barry Allen. Seems like a pretty boy, sort of over-actor.

Since I've read the comics, for the first time I found myself in comic book nerd hell. I kind of liked that comic book Barry didn't have a tragic past of any kind. But that doesn't fit the formula that everybody uses now where every hero is a dark, sad character who witnessed the death of their parents as a kid, so they had to write that in.

Also in the books Barry is dating Iris right from the start. She's a news reporter. I can kind of understand this change. Romance is a plot that writers will want to develop and be able to lean on, but they go a little too far. Having her basically declare him to not only be in the "friend zone", but actually the "brother zone" right from the start, then getting in a full-on relationship during the first episode with a guy who is clearly going to be a regular. Too far.

I do like that they are putting more science/explanation into his creation in the series than they did in the comics. Basically the comics it's a completely random storm. I also like that he has some allies, whereas in the comics nobody knows his identity until later on in the story.

The "Arrow" cameo was terrible. I've never seen that show, and know nothing about the guy. My family was sitting there going "huh?" at that scene. Not everybody watches the WC. Some of us just showed up for this.

The episode itself was pretty good. Helped set the stage for lots of potential baddies that could be out there. We were especially happy to see that "Grodd" is foreshadowed. He's pretty much the Lex Luther/Joker of the Flash comic books if there is one.

I'll give it a solid "B" grade at this point. The previews for episode 2 showed some promise. One thing I've always wondered is how the "action" scenes would look for The Flash, and in episode 1 they looked really good. We'll definitely be tuning in weekly to watch for the entirety of Season 1.

Na few cast member from flash did a few episodes of Arrow. So if u never seen Arrow you wouldn't get him showing up on the flash.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 AM 10-09-2014
I liked it, but the "friend zone" scene channeled Michael Bay. Literally nobody has a real conversation like that.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:42 PM 10-10-2014
it was pretty good, surprisingly well done and exceeded my expectations, I like how the actor can show a little anger when needed without seeming contrived or forced (like how Amell is in Arrow a lot of the times), I think both this show benefited a lot by being a spinoff two seasons after Arrow because you can tell the writers show a lot more confidence and direction then those early episodes of Arrow

solid all the way around so far, though it gets pretty formulaic with the love-interest being the daughter of his cop partner who he likes but can't be with and also has to hide his identity from.. I'm also concerned that they won't be able to challenge him without being a "supervillain of the week" type of show
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:30 PM 10-13-2014
Can he dance?

[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:23 PM 10-22-2014
this was really a shit episode, he literally runs away for like 10 minutes from a fart cloud and then punches him in the face at the end when he gets tired and says "We win." :-)
[Reply]
thabear04 09:28 PM 10-22-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
this was really a shit episode, he literally runs away for like 10 minutes from a fart cloud and then punches him in the face at the end when he gets tired and says "We win." :-)
Yeah I was like wtf that it.
[Reply]
007 09:11 PM 10-23-2014
Well what the hell was he supposed to do?
[Reply]
007 07:31 PM 10-30-2014
Holy shit that dress.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:02 AM 10-31-2014
yeah, they just keep putting her in hot ass dresses. I was like whoa when she walked into that restaurant/bar lol
[Reply]
007 02:24 AM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
yeah, they just keep putting her in hot ass dresses. I was like whoa when she walked into that restaurant/bar lol
yet he keeps pining for Iris. Dumbshit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 39
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up