ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 41
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor)
Tribal Warfare 04:10 PM 05-18-2012
The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:14 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by unlurking:
You don't think Ollie is broody? Wow. That's like his schtick as I see it. The whole show is about him and his ability to handle/hide his emotions. All his friends treat the guy with kid gloves in case he explodes in a tortured and painful release of emotions. Every episode felt like I was just waiting for the moment he would break into tears, drop to his knees, and howl into the wind at the futility of it all. Ugh.
This. It's without fault in every episode where he gets broody and emo and borderline breaks down in tears which is the exact opposite of how Ollie is supposed to be. I honestly prefer Smallville's version. He was closer to what he's supposed to be and came on the show as like a mysterious James Bond who had his own issues but was still upbeat as opposed to Arrow's downtrodden and emotionally repressed version. In Smallville they were able to hit on all the same beats with Ollie (heart break, drugs, murder) without having it completely way down the character.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:27 AM 04-02-2014
I'm still liking this show quite a bit (just watched the one where his sister wrecked her car on her 18th).

My main issue is that I find the island storyline much more compelling and interesting than the city storyline. The island is just so interesting. I like all the mystery they build, but I'm worried that once the mystery is revealed (how the Black Archer got trained, how/if he's related to the island, WTF is actually going on at the island), then the show will lose some of its appeal.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:06 AM 04-02-2014
Without spoiling too much, the Island storyline is still ongoing and looks nowhere close to done. Although for me it's maybe begun to get a little tedious.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:17 AM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Without spoiling too much, the Island storyline is still ongoing and looks nowhere close to done. Although for me it's maybe begun to get a little tedious.
I can see that as well. In that the initial "mystery" will be revealed then the writers try to go all Lost/Xfiles with it and jump the share in their efforts to keep the storyline going beyond when it should be wrapped up.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:25 AM 04-02-2014
I think they've handled the Island mostly well to this point. No let down yet.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:07 AM 04-02-2014
I enjoy this show quite a bit. I really don't get all the bitching.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:06 PM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I enjoy this show quite a bit. I really don't get all the bitching.
I have bitched a little in this thread, but I still really enjoy the show. Occasionally it gets a little too drama Queen (see what I did there?), but it's one of only 3 shows I actually make time to watch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:13 PM 04-02-2014
Tonight's episode should be a big one.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:22 AM 04-03-2014
Great episode. Shit is going to hell and everyone is mad at everyone. Well for the most part lol. Deathstroke causing havoc
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:44 AM 04-03-2014
I didn't expect him to tell Laurel that at the end, that's just twisting the knife after what he told Thea. Which I thought was a great setup, as well, making it sound like it would be about Oliver when it was about her paternity, even though that was what I suspected he'd tell her.

Laurel in the DA's office could be a real problem for Ollie now.

So much set up now. Quentin in prison because of Oliver. He knows the Black Canary's identity and Laurel knows the Arrow's, so will they tell each other?. Thea's revelation opens the door for the return of Malcolm Merlyn. Roy's gone. Deathstroke's building a mirakuru army. Queen Consolidated's in Deathstroke's hands. What's going to happen with the election (my theory is that Moira Queen doesn't survive the season)? And Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad are still waiting in the wings (remember Oliver asked her for help with Deathstroke).
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:06 AM 04-03-2014
Telling Laurel seems inconsequential. If she's been so ignorant to it despite it being so obvious up to this point then why should she believe a creepy abductor who's wanted by the cops? Emo Roy is getting pretty annoying and I hope he gets a costume soon because he looks ridiculous in his jeans and hoodie next to Arrow and Canary :-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:07 PM 04-03-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Telling Laurel seems inconsequential. If she's been so ignorant to it despite it being so obvious up to this point then why should she believe a creepy abductor who's wanted by the cops? Emo Roy is getting pretty annoying and I hope he gets a costume soon because he looks ridiculous in his jeans and hoodie next to Arrow and Canary :-)
Laurel didn't recognize her own sister when she was wearing a party mask. i mean, I guess you have to just look past shit like that when Superman's disguise is a pair of glasses, but it always bugs me nonetheless.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:17 PM 04-03-2014
They actually did a smart thing with Sara the first time Laurel saw her as Black Canary: when they were on the floor behind the desk, Sara's hair was hanging down over her face the whole time.

Always appreciate small gestures like that, help to suspend disbelief just a little bit more, as unrealistic as the situation may be. Ditto for the voice modulator.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:11 PM 04-16-2014
Oh my...

And for all the people bitching how it's just batman, the company takeover last week kills that. We get to see how he operates without mountains of cash now. Or at least without mountains of legal Queen cash. Maybe the Solntsevskaya Bratva will be involved, although I think he was booted out in the suicide squad episode.
[Reply]
007 05:47 PM 04-16-2014
Awesome
[Reply]
Page 14 of 41
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up