ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 70
« First < 19596566676869 70 >
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
listopencil 01:33 PM 10-31-2018
It's pretty early on to get a good feel for it. I'm still in the "love the old Dr/hate the new Dr" phase that usually happens with each new regen. It's heavy on the SJW shit, but I mostly enjoy the actress so far. She's gotta stop holding the sonic in that goofy way when she uses it though. It's annoying.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:54 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The writing has gone off the rails; all the negativity towards men along with the constant reminder that Bill was gay really started to annoy me last season. The new season has started the series from scratch and although Jodie is a great actor, the writing is going to sink this.

Exterminate the writers!
Bill had finally grown into her role when they took her out. Sad really. She was so damn annoying to start!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:57 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It's pretty early on to get a good feel for it. I'm still in the "love the old Dr/hate the new Dr" phase that usually happens with each new regen. It's heavy on the SJW shit, but I mostly enjoy the actress so far. She's gotta stop holding the sonic in that goofy way when she uses it though. It's annoying.
Yeah, it takes some time to adjust. The companions are just sort of meh...
[Reply]
stumppy 08:21 PM 11-25-2018
What the fuck have they done! I'm trying to like this but fuck.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:37 PM 01-01-2019
JFC, they're going to kill the series.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:42 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
JFC, they're going to kill the series.
Get woke - go broke...
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:15 PM 01-02-2019
Not sure what the complaint is. The New Year's episode gave me more hope for the next series/season than any other episode. I thought it was a good, interesting new take on the Daleks. One being that dangerous was kind of cool after years of swarms of Daleks being the threat. Could I have done without some of the angst with Dad during the first half hour? Sure. But it sure picked up in the second half. Solid ep.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:11 PM 01-02-2019
It was an improvement however Jodi doesn't really evoke any sort of threatening personality when confronting the Dalek. There was way too much Bad Dad in the episode as well. BrExit and the shutdown of UNIT along with all of the stupid white males dying kept in tune with the season pattern.

The doctor scanned the male character however the female character which had seen the squid didn't need to be scanned?

I hear it's going to be another two years until we get more Doctor Who. That's fine with me.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:10 PM 05-03-2020
I suppose this could be old news, but we discovered the Pluto TV app on our Roku and it has a classic 24/7 Dr. Who channel. There are a handful of commercials, but i've been enjoying it....

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/doctor-who-classic

https://pluto.tv/where-to-watch
[Reply]
listopencil 12:59 AM 05-04-2020
I got a few episodes into this season and then just gave up. It was during an episode where it was revealed that global warming had turned humans into slow moving lizards that breathed carbon dioxide.

[Reply]
vailpass 10:36 AM 05-04-2020
I got a few episodes into this season and then just gave up. It was during an episode where it was revealed that global warming had turned humans into slow moving lizards that breathed carbon dioxide.

:-)
Really? They just had to go with Dr. Ho and kill off a perfectly good franchise.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:53 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Really? They just had to go with Dr. Ho and kill off a perfectly good franchise.
hahahahahahahahahaha...

That's funny. Dr. Ho!
[Reply]
listopencil 06:21 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It was pretty bad when they had Dr Who say that Rosa Parks changed the universe but I kept watching. Finally did give up as the show itself never got any better. Weak characters, poor writing, their accents are pretty horrible, and the Dr herself is pretty lame. Not the actress. She's fine, but she has nothing to work with.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:55 PM 05-04-2020
It was pretty bad when they had Dr Who say that Rosa Parks changed the universe but I kept watching. Finally did give up as the show itself never got any better. Weak characters, poor writing, their accents are pretty horrible, and the Dr herself is pretty lame. Not the actress. She's fine, but she has nothing to work with.
I'm sad because I have great memories of the show. It was never great TV however it was usually entertaining. Now it's just preachy garbage. The men are either weak or bad stereotypes and the women are Mary Sue types.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:05 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm sad because I have great memories of the show. It was never great TV however it was usually entertaining. Now it's just preachy garbage. The men are either weak or bad stereotypes and the women are Mary Sue types.
I really enjoyed it as a kid in the 70's. Tom Baker is 'my' Doctor. But the newer series caught my attention and I have enjoyed it. The show has been going downhill since Capaldi's second season. I thought he did a great job but the material was pretty bad. And now Jodie Whittaker is kind of stuck on a bad show. They got some backlash and came out saying that they were going to 'double down' on the bullshit. The people who run the show are just using it as a virtue signal platform and it sucks. They're running it into the ground.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 70
« First < 19596566676869 70 >
Up