ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 70
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:50 PM 04-21-2011
If anything, Billie Piper is the horse-faced one. Although the right make up can fix that.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:21 PM 04-21-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If anything, Billie Piper is the horse-faced one. Although the right make up can fix that.
To each his own. There is a Dr. Who woman for each of us. When do we get to meet them?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:31 PM 04-22-2011
Merrick at AICN (who doesn't usually cover tv...) reviewed the first two episodes of the new season here. Long story short, he loved them.
[Reply]
deadbabyseal 03:13 PM 04-23-2011
The Impossible Astronaut was Awesome!!!!
[Reply]
Ericgoodchief 04:23 PM 04-23-2011
This will only be on bbc america which is not on standard cable.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:30 PM 04-23-2011
That was pretty wild. Looking forward to next week.

Only one thing bugged me:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Valiant 04:10 PM 04-24-2011

Spoiler!
I think it has to do with the aliens.. The other lady felt ill afterwards also..
[Reply]
bandwagonjumper 05:11 PM 04-24-2011
It was alright but I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Who. Lets not forget its essentially a show for kids.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:51 PM 04-24-2011
Show for families, perhaps. Although it's gradually become less and less kid friendly every season since it was re-launched. But either way we're not talking Power Rangers here.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:38 PM 04-24-2011
Originally Posted by bandwagonjumper:
It was alright but I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Who. Lets not forget its essentially a show for kids.
By that definition almost 90% of nighttime series are for kids are families..
[Reply]
The_Doctor10 01:06 AM 04-25-2011

Spoiler!
I don't think she's pregnant, it seems like something designed to distract her from telling the doctor about them. She was, after all, soecifically told she needed to tell him about them. But can't. I dont know. But I'd be willing to bet that she isn't pregnant.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:15 AM 05-01-2011
Oh damn, that's a hell of a setup for the rest of the series.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:01 AM 05-02-2011
Yeah the picture does not really show anything. I think it is to throw us off, think it is songs and the doctors baby.

But no telling what is really going on since the history has changed so much in who timeline with this doctor.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:07 AM 05-02-2011
I didn't think it was teasing that it was song and the doctor's baby, I think it was teasing that it was amy and rory's baby, that it had been changed by being on the tardis (amy's asking about a 'time head').

It could be Song...
[Reply]
Jawshco 02:32 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by Silock:
I couldn't get past the first episode of the reboot. The stupid mannequin hand had me face palming. So dumb. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.
I felt the opposite. I loved that Eccelson episode. His first episode seemed like a fitting tribute to Jon Pertwee's first episode as Doctor Three, because he faced the Autons as well. It's worth noting that Rory used to be an Auton, and the effect of the hand laser is the exact same as the Pertwee days. I love that about the DW continuity. Also, Pertwee finding his "outfit" for the first time in the hospital was also repeated by Paul McGann and Matt Smith.

Back to Eccelson- I thought his series was great. He was a tougher Doctor who probably (along with McGann's Doctor) lived through the Time War at some point after 8 was most likely killed during it. Empty Child is one of my favorite Doctor Who Episodes (are you my mommy?), along with all the Dalek episodes of that season. Eccelson telling the Daleks "no,"at the end was awesome. Although Eccelson and his "daft old face" isn't my favorite Doctor, he's definitely up there.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 70
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up