ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
Sofa King 09:34 PM 03-17-2020
I started one a long time ago. So boom.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:13 PM 03-18-2020
Xbox Series X specs look dope.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 05:26 PM 03-18-2020
Which one will be better new xbox or playstation?
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:10 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Which one will be better new xbox or playstation?
Xbox sounds like it might have a slight edge in graphics. I'll be going with PS again based on the quality of their exclusives.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:36 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Xbox sounds like it might have a slight edge in graphics. I'll be going with PS again based on the quality of their exclusives.
Shifty, I see your LSU avatar and your location Denver. Did you go to LSU? what's up? Just curious that's all.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:36 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Shifty, I see your LSU avatar and your location Denver. Did you go to LSU? what's up? Just curious that's all.
Didn't go but I'm from Monroe, originally. Moved to Denver with family towards the end of high school. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 07:58 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I'll need an eye test before changing. At the moment, it's still PS for me.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:02 PM 03-18-2020
This competition has never been about specs, it's been about first party exclusives and cost. As long as PS5 doesn't try to sell their system at a ridiculous price like they did with the PS3 then they should be the favorite again. Especially if their launch titles include any sequels like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted, Infamous, etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:57 AM 03-19-2020
when Xbox 360 came out; I bought one; I went through 3 of them in like 12 months with the red ring of death. each time I bought the replacement warranty thing at Nebraska Furniture mart for like 40 or something like that. the finall replacement, I sold it to a co-worker of my wife for like $50 less than it would retail for and applied that to a PS3. Never looked back. Moved to PS4 and PS4 pro.

I'm sure Xbox has resolved the issues, but man - it left such a sour taste in my mouth that I just can't bring myself to even consider getting an Xbox again. love my PS4. I can't even remember the last time it locked up /froze / shut down etc. fires up and plays for hours w/out issue.

not sure if I'll do the PS5; seriously considering getting a computer for gaming. though, that world is a bit foreign to me at the moment. but I'm considering it. I want to set up something for flight simulator and trucking simulator eventually.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:48 PM 03-19-2020
PS5 for exclusive content. Xbox for platform-agnostic content and gaming computer power to rival many PCs.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:21 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
PS5 for exclusive content. Xbox for platform-agnostic content and gaming computer power to rival many PCs.
That's where I'm at.

Probably buy a launch Series X and PS5 down the road once the exclusive catalog builds up.

Rumor is the former may play PC games in Windows mode.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:48 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
That's where I'm at.

Probably buy a launch Series X and PS5 down the road once the exclusive catalog builds up.

Rumor is the former may play PC games in Windows mode.
If gamepass carries over, the Xbox is a great deal.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:00 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I bet it will.

I just bought 24 months of XBL and did the 1 month trial thing.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:09 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You still VR'ing it up Beauford?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Up