ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 211
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:15 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Pirates are one of 3 genuinely bad teams in the NL. They a little better than SF and Miami, but they suck.

They've been so indifferent to winning for so long that it's just not something they can do at this point. There's no 'there' there. Even their 'ace' is the king of hollow efforts. Chris Archer is the perfect face of the Pirates - doesn't really care about winning because he's got his own stuff to do.

GOOD GOD, DAN MCLAUGHIN!! Seriously, you on a water and cocaine diet? Are you incapable of normal, healthy human weight man? Didn't you weight like 500 lbs 3 months ago? White male Oprah right there.
I can’t believe how skinny he has gotten this offseason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:16 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I can’t believe how skinny he has gotten this offseason.
I looked up during the post-game and that's the first I've seen of him.

That's ridiculous.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:43 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
GOOD GOD, DAN MCLAUGHIN!! Seriously, you on a water and cocaine diet? Are you incapable of normal, healthy human weight man? Didn't you weight like 500 lbs 3 months ago? White male Oprah right there.

What is up with him? Medical issues? He reminds me of Jerry Lewis when he exploded up in weight & lost it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:07 PM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
What is up with him? Medical issues? He reminds me of Jerry Lewis when he exploded up in weight & lost it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dude has struggled with booze in the past. Has two OWIs on his record. My guess is he either dropped that or got on something worse.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:07 PM 04-02-2019
WTF is up with baseball salaries?:-)

#BlueJays and Randal Grichuk agree on $52-million, five-year contract extension that buys three FA years, according to two sources: https://t.co/GU7DAFhLNb

— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) April 2, 2019

[Reply]
jd1020 11:31 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Grichuk had a 115 wRC+ last season and under that contract he'll be making a whopping $9.3M dollars in each of the FA years they bought out. Dont really see what the issue with that is.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:16 AM 04-03-2019

I know, right? Not keeping pace with revenue increases, and then you’ve got all these young stars selling a few FA years cheap on huge extensions as a result of FA collapse!

It’s an owner’s world.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Grichuk had a 115 wRC+ last season and under that contract he'll be making a whopping $9.3M dollars in each of the FA years they bought out. Dont really see what the issue with that is.
Grichuck?:-) you don't see any issues? Maybe you dont when your pitchers are making him look like a fool in the batters box. He's not even an average player. $9 million a year for a player who sucks? The players have nothing to bitch about in the next CBA talks.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:44 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I know, right? Not keeping pace with revenue increases, and then you’ve got all these young stars selling a few FA years cheap on huge extensions as a result of FA collapse!

It’s an owner’s world.
I know that you have a fantastic knowledge of baseball. Wish you'd visit more often. But, your an infrequent visitor to this thread. Just to make it clear, we usually have a top 10 payroll but I still rail on our owner about being cheap all the time in here. He and 80% of the owners are making a ton of money every single year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:04 AM 04-03-2019
Grichuck?:-) you don't see any issues? Maybe you dont when your pitchers are making him look like a fool in the batters box. He's not even an average player. $9 million a year for a player who sucks? The players have nothing to bitch about in the next CBA talks.:-)
Sure, Grichuk has 'issues' but he most assuredly does not suck. The Cardinals soured their fans on him by spending every waking moment focusing on where he struggles rather than what he does well.

He's a massively powerful hitter who can play all 3 OF positions credibly (and both corners well) who provides speed on the bases and plus baserunning. He's a 2-3 win player with 4 win upside when healthy. There are far worse players making far more money, 2 of whom are presently playing corner OF for the Cardinals.

That's a pretty fair deal for both parties.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:06 AM 04-03-2019
Oh, and Harper hit his 3rd 450 ft homer last night.

People will look back on Harper going to the Phillies the same way they look back on Mahomes falling to the Chiefs. "Man, how did EVERYONE get that so wrong?"

That guy's a stud. But it's okay, we have Fowler manning RF and DeJong batting 3rd so we're good. Didn't need Harper after all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:10 AM 04-03-2019
I know that you have a fantastic knowledge of baseball. Wish you'd visit more often. But, your an infrequent visitor to this thread. Just to make it clear, we usually have a top 10 payroll but I still rail on our owner about being cheap all the time in here. He and 80% of the owners are making a ton of money every single year.

I lurk a lot, too.

Know you’re not pro-owner.

Re: Grichuk, he’s a quality starter because he makes enough hard contact and plays good enough defense to be positive value in each measure.

He’s mid-cast as a centerpiece, but as a complementary player who hits 6-7 in a lineup, he’s good.

I know DJ hates the $8 million/win total, but I like it as a baseline. In that context, this is a surplus value deal for the Blue Jays.

It bothers me that so many fans are willing to quickly side with the owners when it comes to pay and etc.

Yes, superstars like Machado and Sale and Trout and Harper are getting paid... but the rate they’re paid at hasn’t grown compared to the revenue teams are clearing, and young players continue to get underpaid at silly levels, and the middle-tier free agents now struggle to get paid.

I’m fine with teams being smarter about long-term contacts... but want to see more of that money that’s no longer going to good-not-great players in FA routes to young guys.

And I say that as a fan of a small market team that likely would get damaged by larger minimum salaries, shorter periods of team control, and a more advanced arbitration process.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 04-03-2019
Lulz at that turd Grichuk getting paid
[Reply]
Miles 10:38 AM 04-03-2019
Some interesting additional details about Washington’s negotiations with Harper came out yesterday. Apparently were trying for a shitload of deferred pay over 30+ years and came back with a worse second offer.

https://deadspin.com/report-the-nati...was-1833740651
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:32 AM 04-03-2019
Alex Rodriguez's 2001 deal would be 10/500 with today's revenue, and Trout got 70% of that in AAV. Owners are making a killing.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 211
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up