ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
Fish 04:33 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Good news, but they lost me as a customer when I was looking for service at the start of the NFL season. Since it wasn't available on Firestick I went with PS Vue.

My girlfriend likes it enough but it's kinda shitty. Anyone have experience with both YouTube.tv and PS Vue?
No experience with PS Vue, other than knowing it is going to be shut down Jan 30th next year....

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:52 PM 11-08-2019
Just something else I wanted to throw in the ring here I stumbled upon a service called Philo. The thing with Philo is that they don't have any sports programming, so if you're into that it isn't great. However if you aren't into sports or as a supplement to one of the other services that do have sports it's an amazing value. You get 58 channels for $20 a month.

What we do is Hulu Live & Philo & we basically get all the channels we were getting with Direct TV/Dish (minus the sports league channels NFL Network, MLB Network etc.) and we are paying a total of $65 dollars a month as opposed to close to $150.

https://try.philo.com/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:31 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
No experience with PS Vue, other than knowing it is going to be shut down Jan 30th next year....

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/
Ah, makes sense. It really is lackluster. I'm not surprised it couldn't hack it in the face of competition.
[Reply]
-King- 11:21 PM 11-09-2019
Can you fast forward through ads on recorded content on YouTube live? I'm just fucking done with Hulu because of this shit.

I swear we're a year or 2 away from "reconnect the cord" being the new wave. Cable will be so much cheaper and convinient than all these streaming services that people will start to go back.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:42 PM 11-09-2019
you can drag a slider bar or click on a 15 second jump forward. I wish they also had a 1 minute jump, but it's still not bad. I sometimes jump 15 or even 30 seconds between snaps of games I don't care that much about. Like the Chargers self destructing.

YTTV is generally better than it was a couple of years ago. Smoother streaming and generally fewer problems. Although when I went to watch the Thursday night game on tape delay, it started with only one minute left in the first quarter. The whole first quarter was unavailable. Don't know what was up with that.

I liked it better when I was only paying $35 a month.
[Reply]
Fish 09:35 PM 05-27-2020
Some recent Youtube.TV updates....

Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and more Viacom channels coming to YouTube TV

Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CMT, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1 will all launch on YouTube TV this summer, the company announced today. The multi-year deal also includes prior CBS channels that were available to YouTube TV subscribers, including CBS broadcast stations, CBS Sports Network, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and The CW. YouTube TV will also continue to carry ViacomCBS’ premium cable brand, Showtime, as part of the extended distribution agreement. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
[Reply]
Fish 09:38 PM 05-27-2020
Also... Youtube.TV now adds HBO Max for an additional $14.99/mo.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:35 AM 05-28-2020
Just signed up today, google fiber is getting installed and ditching cable.
[Reply]
Boon 05:28 PM 05-28-2020
I cut the cable and went to Youtube TV earlier this month. Saved over $50/mo.
Works just fine. On a side note, has anybody ever "jailbroke" a Firestick and sideloaded TV/movie apps?
[Reply]
Fish 09:29 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Boon:
I cut the cable and went to Youtube TV earlier this month. Saved over $50/mo.
Works just fine. On a side note, has anybody ever "jailbroke" a Firestick and sideloaded TV/movie apps?
You can root a firestick, sure. I've done a bunch. But you don't need to do so to sideload TV/movie apps. All you need to do for sideloading apps is to enable developer options in the settings and turn on adb. I've probably got a thread in this forum for instructions on how to do that. Search the Media Center forum.

Rooting is kind of a pain unless you have direct need for doing so. You have to manually apply new FireOS firmwares on a reasonable basis to keep up with new requirements from apps.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:04 AM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Some recent Youtube.TV updates....

Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and more Viacom channels coming to YouTube TV

Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CMT, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1 will all launch on YouTube TV this summer, the company announced today. The multi-year deal also includes prior CBS channels that were available to YouTube TV subscribers, including CBS broadcast stations, CBS Sports Network, Pop TV, Smithsonian Channel, and The CW. YouTube TV will also continue to carry ViacomCBS’ premium cable brand, Showtime, as part of the extended distribution agreement. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
How do I have the feeling it's about to cost $60 a month. I wasn't on board with the $10 increase last time.
[Reply]
KregWillis 01:24 AM 05-29-2020
I'm still confused if it's worth the money..
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:45 AM 05-29-2020
Youtube TV looks very good, last time I checked the channel listings it didn't have NFL Network or A&E, has that changed. I've been with Directv since 2008. If they're not available, can you add them separately, especially NFL Network? I might need a ROKU for my 2012 Vizio, who has the best price on those?
[Reply]
seaofred 10:13 AM 05-29-2020
Still no NFL Network. I'm not sure about A&E.
[Reply]
Fish 10:25 AM 05-29-2020
No NFL Network or A&E.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up