ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3266 of 3903
« First < 2266276631663216325632623263326432653266 32673268326932703276331633663766 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:35 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, you keep getting off on these tangents that frankly are irrelevant. People eating healthier and exercising would limit strain on our entire medical system.

You don't get to tell someone else they have to do something just because you think it's right. I don't disagree with where you are coming from but we are a free country. All I can do is take care of me. What you do is your business. And yes, that means you getting fat and stroking out from too many double baco-cheeses increases my health care costs.

So this "you have to do it for the good of everyone else" is noble and sounds good but in the end it's bullshit.

Get the vaccine or don't. Live with the consequences of your decisions.
As a society, we have agreed upon norms that are beneficial for society. I believe vaccination is one of them.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:35 PM 12-08-2020
The funny part is that most of you think the people who don't want the vaccine are 'Merica flag waivers who won't take no vaccine that the communist liberal globalist guvment wants them to take. When in reality there are a lot of highly educated and professional people, including doctors who are not wanting to take the vaccine.

And that's what I was saying earlier about having to pigeon hole people who don't agree with you. I would love to see the face on some of you if your doctor who you have trusted with your life told you he wasn't keen on taking the vaccine at this time.

I'd pay to watch you lecture him\her on how stupid they are because you know things.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:37 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
As a society, we have agreed upon norms that are beneficial for society. I believe vaccination is one of them.
And one of those norms is people making decisions for themselves for what they think is best for them. Not 1 American has been stuck yet and you're convinced this is the end all. What if in a year we see a lot of bad side effects from this vaccine?

Again, if I needed too I would take the vaccine. I am not making my 7 year old Son take it though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 PM 12-08-2020
The funny part is that most of you think the people who don't want the vaccine are 'Merica flag waivers who won't take no vaccine that the communist liberal globalist guvment wants them to take. When in reality there are a lot of highly educated and professional people, including doctors who are not wanting to take the vaccine.

And that's what I was saying earlier about having to pigeon hole people who don't agree with you. I would love to see the face on some of you if your doctor who you have trusted with your life told you he wasn't keen on taking the vaccine at this time.

I'd pay to watch you lecture him\her on how stupid they are because you know things.
If my doctor read the full data release on it and was still skeptical I’d want to know why.

I just listened to a call from the cdc on the data today that Was pretty impressive in terms of the safety and efficacy so I can’t imagine many medical professionals will have many doubts after
[Reply]
petegz28 09:42 PM 12-08-2020
If my doctor read the full data release on it and was still skeptical I’d want to know why.

I just listened to a call from the cdc on the data today that Was pretty impressive in terms of the safety and efficacy so I can’t imagine many medical professionals will have many doubts after
Oh the CDC...well that will convince a lot of people. They wouldn't be biased in any way of be vested in a particular outcome in all of this would they?

And would it really matter why your doctor was against it? You're convinced it is safe so I have a hunch you would either say he didn't know what he was talking about or you would try to convince him why he was wrong..
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:43 PM 12-08-2020
This wasn't precisely what I was initially talking about, but it fits in well with your continuing argument.

We also have agreed upon political and legal norms that are actively being challenged, I won't be more specific due to the setting, but the point is you have a lot of norms that people are dissatisfied with and they're resisting them to the applause of many, which is fine. But they also want to lean on the agreed-upon norms that still work to their benefit to extract altruism from others.

EDIT - people accuse me of verbosity, so let me try brevity. Central point is, whenever people start saying 'we're all in this together' I get this mental image.

[Reply]
O.city 09:45 PM 12-08-2020
Oh the CDC...well that will convince a lot of people. They wouldn't be biased in any way of be vested in a particular outcome in all of this would they?

And would it really matter why your doctor was against it? You're convinced it is safe so I have a hunch you would either say he didn't know what he was talking about or you would try to convince him why he was wrong..
The data didn’t come from the cdc.

I play golf with my doctor. Have had multiple discussions with him about this whole ordeal. Am close friends with a few immunologists here in town, have a degree in it.

So I’d discuss it with him to the beat of my abilities. In the end, I’d listen to all their opinions and go with what they advise

You’re clearly against it. Why is that? What have you read about it that is giving you issues? Maybe I can help
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This wasn't precisely what I was initially talking about, but it fits in well with your continuing argument.

We also have agreed upon political and legal norms that are actively being challenged, I won't be more specific due to the setting, but the point is you have a lot of norms that people are dissatisfied with and they're resisting them to the applause of many, which is fine. But they also want to lean on the agreed-upon norms that still work to their benefit to extract altruism from others.
I agree. We’ve botched a lot of shit on this terribly
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:48 PM 12-08-2020
Society can move on just like it does with all the other shit. You get vaccinated and take care of you. Just like people who get the flu shot vs. those who do not.
Not just like the Flu. Currently and going forward, according our attorneys that the government is and will be requiring because of the title 9 laws yes I work at a college, every employee has to have their temperature taken every morning and when they return to work from their lunch break. If those individuals have a fever over 100.1 or higher or 2.7 degrees higher than their normal will not be allowed onto the facility or campus until they are fever free without medication for 48 hours or until they have had 2 negative corona virus tests with 72 hours. According to the college that I work at and the university that I will be attending starting in January this will apply to every business or entity that accepts and or receives any type of government funding.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:48 PM 12-08-2020
The data didn’t come from the cdc.

I play golf with my doctor. Have had multiple discussions with him about this whole ordeal. Am close friends with a few immunologists here in town, have a degree in it.

So I’d discuss it with him to the beat of my abilities.

You’re clearly against it. Why is that? What have you read about it that is giving you issues? Maybe I can help

What am I against? I have said several times I would get the vaccine and think people should.

Just because I respect the decision of others makes me "against it"?

Yeah I think you're a LITTLE off base there, bro
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 PM 12-08-2020
What am I against? I have said several times I would get the vaccine and think people should.

Just because I respect the decision of others makes me "against it"?

Yeah I think you're a LITTLE off base there, bro
You’ve brought up “what if this in a year, etc”

Seemed skeptical
[Reply]
petegz28 09:51 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

EDIT - people accuse me of verbosity, so let me try brevity. Central point is, whenever people start saying 'we're all in this together' I get this mental image.

In short: I respect your decisions as long as I agree with them.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:55 PM 12-08-2020
You’ve brought up “what if this in a year, etc”

Seemed skeptical
No man, you are cherry picking. I am sorry, I have said throughout this conversation I would take the vaccine. What I am doing that I am sorry to say, you aren't, is respecting where other people, some very well educated and informed people including nurses and doctors, are coming from. They are free to make their choice.

The reality is at some point they will most likely have to get vaccinated. Most likely in relation to their employment. But we are a ways away from that which is why places like hospitals are not mandating it yet.

Nonetheless I think you had better read what I have said because I have never said I am against the vaccine.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:57 PM 12-08-2020
In fact this place can be so fucking ironic....a few days ago people were on my ass because I was asking WTF we haven't approved the vaccine yet and today some of those same people are claiming I am against the vaccine.

Fuck your friend's wife one time behind his back and no one trusts you........what bullshit!
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 PM 12-08-2020
No man, you are cherry picking. I am sorry, I have said throughout this conversation I would take the vaccine. What I am doing that I am sorry to say, you aren't, is respecting where other people, some very well educated and informed people including nurses and doctors, are coming from. They are free to make their choice.

The reality is at some point they will most likely have to get vaccinated. Most likely in relation to their employment. But we are a ways away from that which is why places like hospitals are not mandating it yet.

Nonetheless I think you had better read what I have said because I have never said I am against the vaccine.
We spent a lot of time one semester in bioethics on vaccinations and medications etc

Definitely a tough subject

How am I not respecting where they’re coming from? If people have concerns, that’s fine. With the data and stuff I’ve read, I am not sure they would, it’s very strong.

I haven’t ever said anything about any mandates or such.
[Reply]
Page 3266 of 3903
« First < 2266276631663216325632623263326432653266 32673268326932703276331633663766 > Last »
Up