ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1766 of 3903
« First < 766126616661716175617621763176417651766 176717681769177017761816186622662766 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:57 PM 05-01-2020

Reported US coronavirus deaths on date:

Mar. 1: 2 deaths
Apr. 1: 4,780 deaths
May 1: 64,943 deaths

— Ryan Struyk (@ryanstruyk) May 2, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Go **** yourself. You're going back to work and your parents I am sure will be happy to have you out of the ****ing house for a while.
You still dont get it Peter just the other night you saw a prison with 80% positive tests.

You're one of those open it all up folks but what you dont mention is what happens when a small business opens up and a worker contacts the virus and not only misses a week or 2 of work what happens when other employees and customers contact the virus?

You have no answer for this and you've created a situation that's worse than the original shutdown.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:11 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You still dont get it Peter just the other night you saw a prison with 80% positive tests.

You're one of those open it all up folks but what you dont mention is what happens when a small business opens up and a worker contacts the virus and not only misses a week or 2 of work what happens when other employees and customers contact the virus?

You have no answer for this and you've created a situation that's worse than the original shutdown.
Peters upset that school is over and he wont get to suck off his middle school PE teacher anymore. Combine that with going to big scary high school and you have a Peter that's real hard to deal with.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:12 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m on day 7 since my exposure. I have no symptoms.

Wife and kid with no symptoms as well. Not sure point of testing them. They both stay at home.
Dude you're hard ass Montana stock, if a grizzly can't smoke you, you're all good, this crap has no chance. Hang tough and live your life.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:13 PM 05-01-2020

If the metrics don't change, are you prepared for a year to 18 months status quo? Because if you are saying 'we have to 'get better' somehow soon, and then we can open up' that's just wishful thinking, and if you are saying 'eventually, even if we don't 'get better' we're gonna have to open things anyway, just not now' . . . well remember the old joke about the whore. . . .
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:15 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay but that doesn't make us Italy. Increase does not mean 10%.
04/02 was this quote 4,780 deaths

May 2nd: 64k deaths

03/28

Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Cause I don't think we are going to see 1,000's dying every day. You also said viruses don't mutate to a less virulent form which is not at all accurate.

So what I am saying is, relax a bit and don't be so quick to jump to the extreme. Even Italy at this point doesn't have 1,000's a day dying.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:17 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If the metrics don't change, are you prepared for a year to 18 months status quo? Because if you are saying 'we have to 'get better' somehow soon, and then we can open up' that's just wishful thinking, and if you are saying 'eventually, even if we don't 'get better' we're gonna have to open things anyway, just not now' . . . well remember the old joke about the whore. . . .
I wouldnt open until we can do better testing. But some people in this thread just think we can open everything and itll improve the economy.

Aside from the situation I laid out about employees and customers getting sick what happens when for example you have 20 reported cases at your resteraunt and the one down the street has less than 5? How is that not going to drive more small business to shut down?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:22 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Peters upset that school is over and he wont get to suck off his middle school PE teacher anymore. Combine that with going to big scary high school and you have a Peter that's real hard to deal with.
Notice anytime the mods tell 2 people to cut the shit hes always 1 of those people involved. Also let the record show I've never attacked him personally while hes lobbed several personal attacks.

Anyway I've shared what hes posted in the past with data provided to prove hes simply been wrong this whole thread.

I've offered ideas not facts but I think data will show what I've said to be more in line with how we should move along moving forward.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:33 PM 05-01-2020
Notice anytime the mods tell 2 people to cut the shit hes always 1 of those people involved. Also let the record show I've never attacked him personally while hes lobbed several personal attacks.

Anyway I've shared what hes posted in the past with data provided to prove hes simply been wrong this whole thread.

I've offered ideas not facts but I think data will show what I've said to be more in line with how we should move along moving forward.
I have learned after a couple of years of interacting with Petey that the best idea is always the polar opposite of his idea.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I have learned after a couple of years of interacting with Petey that the best idea is always the polar opposite of his idea.
Yeah and theres an important distinction here. It's one thing to say the Chiefs wont even sniff the playoffs when they win the superbowl, it's a whole other thing when you state it's just the cold, masks dont work, etc. Theres lives and business that's at stake. Its important we get this right the first time or the consequences could be far more severe than we even imagine.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:17 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Good advice, thank you. Anything else I should be doing outside of hydrating, resting, and eating healthy to clear this out quicker?

Also tonight was the first time I’ve ever used a nebulizer, and it had me a bit light headed. Didn’t love it. Is that key for clearing out the lungs? I’ll use it as long as it helps, but I asked my poor Doc so many questions but I didn’t dig into the whole nebulizer machine.

The way I understood it (very limited biology knowledge) I have bronchial inflammation as well as pneumonia in my right lung. I asked if it looked like I had lung damage, like maybe from Covid prior (all the stuff I learn on here) and he politely smiled and said no, 90% chance that this treatment schedule works and I’m good to go and if not he said there were other options he could explore. I was asking catastrophic outcome questions, and he seemed rather confident whatever the tests say I’ll be alright. He did seem surprised to see the pneumonia.
Feel like an asshole commenting when you have a doctor in the thread, but if you’re using albuterol with the nebulizer, then what you described is pretty normal. Light headed, trembling/shivering, and a problem sleeping are the side effects my daughter’s respiratory therapist described. Helps raise o2 levels (not sure about pneumonia).

I saw earlier in the thread that laying in your stomach helps to force air into your lungs, but I’ll defer to the doctor about that.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:34 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Feel like an asshole commenting when you have a doctor in the thread, but if you’re using albuterol with the nebulizer, then what you described is pretty normal. Light headed, trembling/shivering, and a problem sleeping are the side effects my daughter’s respiratory therapist described. Helps raise o2 levels (not sure about pneumonia).

I saw earlier in the thread that laying in your stomach helps to force air into your lungs, but I’ll defer to the doctor about that.
Being an aerosol generating procedure I would not use the nebulizer around other people either , outside if possible i, makes you more contagious.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:30 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:

No ones an asshole sharing information these days, we are all just trying to make sense in these uncertain times. The doses are 0.5 mg ipratropium bromide and 3 mg albuterol.

One note my doc said was key was that I bought an Oximeter early on and measured my blood oxygen levels daily, and did have some times where it was trending down around 93-94, and I had to really work oxygen deep into my lungs to get the reading consistently above 97. A lot of the lung and tissue damage seems to be happening when people’s oxygen levels are getting low <90 (?) and staying there and many don’t even realize it. If any of you don’t have one, I’d highly recommend buying one off Amazon or wherever, as it will give you a baseline to work off of as the respiratory illness progresses.

Example of one: (should be around $30bit supply/demand)

Pulse Oximeter Fingertip, Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor for Pulse Rate and SpO2 Level, Portable Pulse Oximeter with Large LED Display, Batteries and Lanyard Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NHTCHN..._BsxREb5Q24CSG
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:03 AM 05-02-2020

Explaining face masks through pants. Source: https://t.co/9NcPKnv6Zq pic.twitter.com/FuWPvI1wQ0

— Simon Kuestenmacher (@simongerman600) May 1, 2020

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:12 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
This is great. How someone spent the time making this graphic and left 'make is simple for you' is pretty unreal. Are there a lot of people who don't understand wearing a mask helps though? It seems pretty common sense. If you can understand why you'd wear a condom then you should get the basic idea.
[Reply]
Page 1766 of 3903
« First < 766126616661716175617621763176417651766 176717681769177017761816186622662766 > Last »
Up