ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>John Dorsey says Myles Garrett told him right away about Rudolph’s racial slur
Deberg_1990 05:53 PM 02-17-2020
Hmmmmm

Former #Browns GM John Dorsey says Myles Garrett told him right away Mason Rudolph used a racial slur.

In ESPN interview, Garrett says he told Dorsey, coaches and DT Larry Ogunjobi about accusation on heels of Nov. 14 fight. Ogunjobi confirmed on Dec. 1.https://t.co/2EFrtzo4JO

— Nate Ulrich (@ByNateUlrich) February 17, 2020

[Reply]
Flying High D 01:03 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
again making fun of someone is acting as though you are superior, when it's predicated on their race that makes it racism.

who gives a fuck if johnson was racist?

tell you what, the next time your black friends take you to dinner call them the n word and end it with ER... make sure you record it and post up the results on here. Or go out and find some asian guys and see if they like you making fun of their speech. Record that too. post it up, cool guy. lets see how it works out for you.

until then why not just shut the fuck up and quit defending racism, it's only making you look bad.
What about if he can’t pronounce the r?
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:18 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I mean you might not find it funny, but if that’s the intent it’s still a joke.

I’m not saying dude isn’t racist. Just saying that’s not necessarily an example of it.

I don’t think there should ever be rules to comedy. I will always fight for somebody’s right to tell a joke without being labeled because of it.
i guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

these guys arent fucking comedians.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 02-21-2020
i guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

these guys arent fucking comedians.
Definitely not, not even funny, but everybody makes jokes and as long as that’s all it is it’s harmless.

Now maybe racism led to him trying to make that joke. But the joke itself isn’t racist. If that makes sense.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:43 PM 02-21-2020

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:50 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Did we not learn anything from Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer?
Yes, we learned people believe what ever they are told.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:55 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Definitely not, not even funny, but everybody makes jokes and as long as that’s all it is it’s harmless.

Now maybe racism led to him trying to make that joke. But the joke itself isn’t racist. If that makes sense.
Scary. For once I actually agree with you.

As long as the joke isn't too offensive and the person saying the joke is not being disrespectful I think it's okay to joke around from time to time with race jokes. Same time me personally I wouldn't do it with a bunch of strangers on a public message board I'd always say it to a friend in private. If you are comedian well to me they can kind of get a pass they are professionals just trying to make ppl laugh. Once again as long as the joke isn't too offensive.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:55 PM 02-21-2020
southern/country isnt a race
No, but it's certainly the accent of a bunch of really stupid people! heyyyyyoooooo :-) ba-dump-cha (punch line drum)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:00 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Did we not learn anything from Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer?
If you ostracize and isolate someone, they'll be lonely enough that they'll actually help you when you need it, just to try to gain acceptance into the group.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:07 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If you ostracize and isolate someone, they'll be lonely enough that they'll actually help you when you need it, just to try to gain acceptance into the group.

Heyyyyyoooooo.
Also known as obsessive in part
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:16 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:

It's just a word. People have been conditioned to be triggered by it..
Nonetheless, a word can be empty or weigh a metric ton depending on who said it, the context/situation in which it was spoken and, in this particular case, the history behind it and all that it symbolizes. And that's in addition to any "pre-conditioning".

That's why its best to think before you speak and be exceedingly mindful of whom you're speaking to.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:17 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Nonetheless, a word can be empty or weigh a metric ton depending on who said it, the context/situation in which it was spoken and, in this particular case, the history behind it and all that it symbolizes. And that's in addition to any "pre-conditioning".

That's why its best to think before you speak and be exceedingly mindful of whom you're speaking to.
For example, the word "Mahomes" makes 31 NFL teams break down and cry.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:42 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
For example, the word "Mahomes" makes 31 NFL teams break down and cry.

Only 31 teams? I saw quite a few players crying after winning the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:43 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:

No. It's best to not pay attention to stupid people who base their lives on symbolism and are triggered by words. But they are the majority, so they get their way and perpetuate the dumbing down of society.
Words are just that..words.
Being mindful of stupid, mentally week people is why this country/world sucks.
It's best the stupid people start learning to stop being offended by words and wise the **** up.

The whole point of media is to cast spells over people by repeating the same words over and over again. They keep reporting racism this and that. Therefore they keep pushing and perpetuating racism.
It's no different then abusive parent calling his kid stupid for a decade. Tv is an abusive parent but people don't know any better and accept what they are told.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:58 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
No. It's best to not pay attention to stupid people who base their lives on symbolism and are triggered by words. But they are the majority, so they get their way and perpetuate the dumbing down of society.
Words are just that..words.
Being mindful of stupid, mentally week people is why this country/world sucks.
It's best the stupid people start learning to stop being offended by words and wise the **** up.

The whole point of media is to cast spells over people by repeating the same words over and over again. They keep reporting racism this and that. Therefore they keep pushing and perpetuating racism.
It's no different then abusive parent calling his kid stupid for a decade. Tv is an abusive parent but people don't know any better and accept what they are told.
oddly enough you have described a certain %age of this board and some of it's members :-)
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:02 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
oddly enough you have described a certain %age of this board and some of it's members :-)
In fairness, it's not that people are dumb. That is also just a word.
It's that they are incredibly misguided due to years of conditioning.
It takes something else to jar the mind from that rat wheel state of mind.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up