ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2912 of 3903
« First < 1912241228122862290229082909291029112912 29132914291529162922296230123412 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:14 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes.

Would be nice to be able to test if someone is currently shedding virus.
What happened to the Abbott quick test getting more wide spread. I assume its still unreliable.
[Reply]
Donger 03:14 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Look man, its not been the practice and I explained why it made no sense. Just because CDC recommended it prior doesn't mean it was actually happening or it was sound logic.

I've only been dealing with this every day since April but I am sure you read something somewhere after your google search to the contrary.
What makes you think it wasn't general practice? Are you claiming that from an anecdotal perspective, or nationally?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:15 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What makes you think it wasn't general practice? Are you claiming that from an anecdotal perspective, or nationally?
:-)

How does someone who spends hours a day posting on this topic still not understand jack shit? I explained why it isn't done. We deal with 3 states and multiple county health departments who all followed the same practices.

When do you propose the person be tested? On what day after exposure?
[Reply]
Donger 03:19 PM 08-26-2020

How does someone who spends hours a day posting on this topic still not understand jack shit? I explained why it isn't done. We deal with 3 states and multiple county health departments who all followed the same practices.

When do you propose the person be tested? On what day after exposure?
As soon as the exposed person, if infected, would show a positive, obviously.

Do you think that if say, Dr. Birx came into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 person, she wouldn't get tested?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:26 PM 08-26-2020
As soon as the exposed person, if infected, would show a positive, obviously.

Do you think that if say, Dr. Birx came into contact with a confirmed COVID-19 person, she wouldn't get tested?

I don't have any more crayons to try to explain this to you again. Go back to my first explanation and keep reading until it makes sense or don't, I don't give a shit.
[Reply]
Donger 03:30 PM 08-26-2020

I don't have any more crayons to try to explain this to you again. Go back to my first explanation and keep reading until it makes sense or don't, I don't give a shit.
Sure:

Dr. Robert R. Redfield Statement on SARS-CoV-2 infections
Media Statement

For Immediate Release: Wednesday, July 22, 2020
(404) 639-3286

Misleading media reports have suggested there are 24 times more SARS-CoV-2 infections than reported cases. As CDC has been saying, our retrospective estimate is that there were 10 times more cases than reported from the period where we’ve been examining antibody data: March through May.

The JAMA article estimated that the range was as low as 6 times in certain areas. Moreover, the article also points out that in 10 jurisdictions sampled, somewhere between 1% and 6.9% of individuals in those jurisdictions are calculated to have had infection at some point based on antibody testing.

Of the 10 states in which data was collected for this study, one state was estimated to have 23.8 times more infections than reported cases, but this may be due to underreporting or less testing done at the time the data was collected. The article indicates that the underreporting was in part due to asymptomatic individuals that were not seeking testing at the time.

Lastly, this study covered a time period from March to the beginning of May. Today, we are testing more individuals and identifying more asymptomatic individuals than was able to be done previously.

Forgive me, but I'll think I'll take his word over yours.
[Reply]
Donger 03:31 PM 08-26-2020
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/symp...ry?id=71594849

"Anyone who thinks they may be infected -- independent of symptoms -- should get a test," Redfield told Dr. Jennifer Ashton, ABC News' chief medical correspondent, and Aaron Katersky, ABC News Radio correspondent and host of the "Bringing Back America" podcast.
[Reply]
TLO 03:38 PM 08-26-2020
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/symp...ry?id=71594849

"Anyone who thinks they may be infected -- independent of symptoms -- should get a test," Redfield told Dr. Jennifer Ashton, ABC News' chief medical correspondent, and Aaron Katersky, ABC News Radio correspondent and host of the "Bringing Back America" podcast.
Remember when they said we shouldn't wear masks either? Information is gathered, then guidance is updated.
[Reply]
Donger 03:39 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Remember when they said we shouldn't wear masks either? Information is gathered, then guidance is updated.
Yes, I do. And that's why I asked why the testing guidance was altered. What new information has been gleaned?
[Reply]
Donger 04:10 PM 08-26-2020
"I was under general anesthesia in the operating room and was not part of any discussion or deliberation regarding the new testing recommendations," Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

"I am concerned about the interpretation of these recommendations and worried it will give people the incorrect assumption that asymptomatic spread is not of great concern. In fact it is," he added.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:28 PM 08-26-2020
There is literally no reason to test people who have been exposed who are asymptomatic. You quarantine them and move on. This has been the practice in most places the whole time unless there is a specific need to test someone outside of normal protocols. Its waste of resources.

If they are not tested how do you know that there is a need to quarantine them? Just because someone is exposed doesn't mean that they have Covid.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:29 PM 08-26-2020
Unless it's been proven with 100% certainty that there is not asymptomatic spread, that makes no sense.
If a person tests positive how is that they could not spread Covid?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:45 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If they are not tested how do you know that there is a need to quarantine them? Just because someone is exposed doesn't mean that they have Covid.
You didn't just ask this question, did you? Please tell me that's sarcasm.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:46 PM 08-26-2020
[Reply]
petegz28 05:04 PM 08-26-2020
Looks like the DOJ is asking for data from NY, NJ, PA and MI regarding how they handled nursing homes and possible CRIPA violations. While we don't want this being a political pawn I think the governors of all of the states need to be careful how they handle certain situations. We know there was an estimated 11,000 additional deaths in NY alone because of how the nursing home situation was handled.
[Reply]
Page 2912 of 3903
« First < 1912241228122862290229082909291029112912 29132914291529162922296230123412 > Last »
Up