ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Extending Travis Kelce [4 years, $57m, $28m guaranteed]
Dante84 12:08 PM 08-13-2020

Sources: The #Chiefs are closing in on signing star TE Travis Kelce to a long-term extension – at least 5 years – that keeps him in a KC uniform catching passes from Patrick Mahomes for the foreseeable future. Keeping their best players...

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

Very quietly, KC and the agents for Travis Kelce have been working on an extension to pay him according to his production. This should be done in the next day or so. The #Chiefs continue to do work. https://t.co/maqWkpFQD3

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:58 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
And with Hunt on the finance committee, he has inside information and can help plan accordingly. :-)
This is such a underrated aspect that no one literally no one talks about
TimeForWasp 06:06 PM 08-13-2020
This offense will be so in tune, Mahomes will be doing no look ,silent play calls .
MahiMike 06:29 PM 08-13-2020
When did the federal reserve buy the Chiefs?
BWillie 07:26 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I can read. I know you said it “doesn’t appear to be an error”, but you still said you wouldn’t have done it.

Anybody that sees the deal he got and still wouldn’t have paid him is an idiot. It’s that simple.
There was not a consensus from football minds if you should resign or let walk. Its kind of a decision where it really doesn't matter what you do. There isn't one clear best option.
staylor26 07:31 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There was not a consensus from football minds if you should resign or let walk. Its kind of a decision where it really doesn't matter what you do. There isn't one clear best option.
There wasn’t at the time, but in hindsight it’s an easy decision. You pay him no question.
KS Smitty 07:33 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
To be fair, it looks like the Chiefs have gotten discounts from Mahomes, Jones, Watkins, and probably Kelce. They are not paying top dollar for these guys. The next question will be Tyreek. I would hope he understands his best chance to make the Hall of Fame is staying with Mahomes. And a little loyalty from him in general would be nice to see after the Chiefs showed enormous faith in him despite multiple scandals off the field.
None of those scandals were of his own making. The fact that he has custody of ALL of his children is proof of that. And he took his pay cut because of all that bullshit when he signed his contract last year. I'm sure Tyreek will stay "loyal" but he already got screwed out of his big payday once.
BigRedChief 07:39 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
When did the federal reserve buy the Chiefs?
Hunt is on the finance committee. He knows what the initial bids are for the TV rights. He’s been a billionaire his whole life. Probably an expert at hiding his money from the taxman. Just use those skills to hide shit from the NFL cap accountants.
dlphg9 07:41 PM 08-13-2020
Does your dumbass still think CEH was a “stupid pick”?
No, I changed my mind on that very quickly after the draft. It was a bad take and I was being dumb about it.
staylor26 07:45 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No, I changed my mind on that very quickly after the draft. It was a bad take and I was being dumb about it.
Fair enough.
Bowser 07:48 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)
Originally Posted by ChiTown:

InChiefsHeaven 07:52 PM 08-13-2020
Holy crap, I love this friggin' team! This is unbelievable!
saphojunkie 08:01 PM 08-13-2020
I can read. I know you said it “doesn’t appear to be an error”, but you still said you wouldn’t have done it.

Anybody that sees the deal he got and still wouldn’t have paid him is an idiot. It’s that simple.
I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever thought we would get Chris Jones for that deal. It's amazing.

Veach is the best in the business, period.

And having the SBMVP is a real nice incentive.
Pitt Gorilla 08:04 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A lot of truth to this.

I don't understand why the TE market remains as depressed as it is. Kelce and Kittle won't make Watkins money and both of those guys are orders of magnitude more critical to their teams than Watkins is.

At a point, DT and DE are also weirdly divergent in that way. Why is a guy like Garrett, who I REALLY like, more valuable than Aaron Donald or even Chris Jones? Both of those guys are every bit as disruptive, if not moreso.

And it isn't like G or RB where they're cheaper because they're more fungible. There aren't a slew of 6'6'' dudes w/ track speed you can play in-line or out wide like Kelce or Kittle. Those guys aren't readily replaceable. Likewise with Donald and Jones - these first step freaks that weigh 300 lbs don't grow on trees.

The market for some positions just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
I think many would argue that the interior defenders are MORE valuable due to their rarity and, honestly, distance to the QB.
RealSNR 08:40 PM 08-13-2020

Us: “The Chiefs are making all of these huge deals. Will they ever run out of cap space?”

The Chiefs Front Office: pic.twitter.com/2oO9IUK4JZ

— Rosa Parks’ Burner Account (@Rosasburner) August 13, 2020

dlphg9 09:21 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
None of those scandals were of his own making. The fact that he has custody of ALL of his children is proof of that. And he took his pay cut because of all that bullshit when he signed his contract last year. I'm sure Tyreek will stay "loyal" but he already got screwed out of his big payday once.
Tyreek will get paid big time on his next deal and he should be around the highest paid WR ever.

Tyreek Hill is probably the most loyal to KC out of the entire group. He legit loves the organization becaise they trusted him and took a chance on him. They took his side and rewarded his play. He thinks of KC as family.
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up