ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 72
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 01:07 PM 01-27-2021
There's a reason the Texans suck. As a pastor, I can say this. Pastors shouldn't run football teams. And the owner is a total hack.

We broke them last year. Help is not on the way.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:08 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They legit would rather hire the WR coach from the Ravens.

Let me repeat that.

THE WR COACH FROM THE RAVENS. The team who has a RB at QB and doesn’t throw to his WRs. That guy is going to get a HC job.
He was our WR coach for 4 years tho and did spend 10 years under Reid
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:08 PM 01-27-2021
Still don't get why people are making this into a huge deal re: Bienemy.

Getting tired of hearing about it tbh.

We should selfishly be greatful that he's gonna probably be sticking around in KC for another year so that this team can keep the continuity and stability on the coaching staff.

And the trickle down effect, Kafka gets more time under his belt before being promoted. Doubt someone like Pederson would come back and be OC once/if EB leaves.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 01:15 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
There's a reason the Texans suck. As a pastor, I can say this. Pastors shouldn't run football teams. And the owner is a total hack.

Pastor of what and where?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 01-27-2021
It's speculation based on who has interviewed twice.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:20 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's speculation based on who has interviewed twice.
Exactly.

This really means nothing, and the longer this goes without them hiring anybody, the better the chances are that they’re waiting on EB.

I’ve been saying for weeks that it’s likely down to EB and Frazier, so I wouldn’t be completely shocked if it’s Frazier, but Culley makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:25 PM 01-27-2021
John McClain who covers the Texans says Culley is the favorite and the deal will probably get done before end of this week
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

Pastors - Christians - shouldn't compare Jesus to a football player and the crucifixion to the greatest sporting event ever played.

Easterby is a charlatan.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:32 PM 01-27-2021
I mean...does EB's past matter? It probably does to a lot of people. It's just a image PR thing. Especially with the MeToo and cancel culture the left is ushering in, this is a PR nightmare. A HC is more of a facial imagery of the team, symbolism than the owner is. Most owners, with exception of a few, stay back behind the shadows and you mostly don't hear from them often. HC's are in front of the team, press conferences daily, more involved etc. Even though this happened 30yrs ago you have to at least consider this.

-He's not being passed on because he's black. No matter how bad some in the media want to push this. They're trying to push this narrative of this being the giant elephant in the room.

-His resume stacks up well with other HC candidates. He didn't do well when coaching at CU but his NFL resume has been good in comparison to others.

But...dude has a past.

-Arrested due to being in a bar fight (IMO meh, that happens sometimes lol)

-Arrested for shoving a firefighter (That's a little weird...I could see that happening to a police officer but a FF?)

-Arrested for a DUI (Meh, it's bad, but it's not the end of the world)

-Being involved in the sex for recruits scandal while at CU (honestly this happens every big school. Not entirely his fault. He was young and got lured in with sex). MU did this.

-Arrested for assault for grabbing her by the neck and threatening to gang rape a female parking attendant and get banned from the school. (This is really bad.)

All except the last one are pretty minor...just demonstrates wreckless invincible spirited immature college aged behavior. But the last one is really bad and IMO I think many are just staying away from that because of the bad PR that comes with it.

And some may argue "Well Team X hired candidate Y and he had a bad rap sheet just as long etc etc"

Well...different teams hire and function differently and have different standards than others.

However I do not think EB is being black balled around the NFL, or being passed up due to his skin color....that's just fucking stupid.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:00 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I mean...does EB's past matter? It probably does to a lot of people. It's just a image PR thing. Especially with the MeToo and cancel culture the left is ushering in, this is a PR nightmare. A HC is more of a facial imagery of the team, symbolism than the owner is. Most owners, with exception of a few, stay back behind the shadows and you mostly don't hear from them often. HC's are in front of the team, press conferences daily, more involved etc. Even though this happened 30yrs ago you have to at least consider this.

-He's not being passed on because he's black. No matter how bad some in the media want to push this. They're trying to push this narrative of this being the giant elephant in the room.

-His resume stacks up well with other HC candidates. He didn't do well when coaching at CU but his NFL resume has been good in comparison to others.

But...dude has a past.

-Arrested due to being in a bar fight (IMO meh, that happens sometimes lol)

-Arrested for shoving a firefighter (That's a little weird...I could see that happening to a police officer but a FF?)

-Arrested for a DUI (Meh, it's bad, but it's not the end of the world)

-Being involved in the sex for recruits scandal while at CU (honestly this happens every big school. Not entirely his fault. He was young and got lured in with sex). MU did this.

-Arrested for assault for grabbing her by the neck and threatening to gang rape a female parking attendant and get banned from the school. (This is really bad.)

All except the last one are pretty minor...just demonstrates wreckless invincible spirited immature college aged behavior. But the last one is really bad and IMO I think many are just staying away from that because of the bad PR that comes with it.

And some may argue "Well Team X hired candidate Y and he had a bad rap sheet just as long etc etc"

Well...different teams hire and function differently and have different standards than others.

However I do not think EB is being black balled around the NFL, or being passed up due to his skin color....that's just ****ing stupid.
Everything you list bar the dui has no proof behind them. Was he charged for anything? That is the key question..all that is is speculation from 30 years ago...none of you have any evidence whatsoever and it's dangerous to spout off stuff and treat them as facts when they aren't.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Everything you list bar the dui has no proof behind them. Was he charged for anything? That is the key question..all that is is speculation from 30 years ago...none of you have any evidence whatsoever and it's dangerous to spout off stuff and treat them as facts when they aren't.
Dude, do you live under a rock?

Proof does not matter. We live in a society where you are presumed guilty the minute you are accused.

It absolutely doesn't matter if he was charged, found guilty, or anything. The appearance of impropriety is enough to get a person blacklisted in many public professions.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:05 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, do you live under a rock?

Proof does not matter. We live in a society where you are presumed guilty the minute you are accused.

It absolutely doesn't matter if he was charged, found guilty, or anything. The appearance of impropriety is enough to get a person blacklisted in many public professions.
But yet Matt Patricia is still in the league?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
But yet Matt Patricia is still in the league?
The Lions reportedly didn't know about the allegations when they hired him.

Look, I'm not saying it's RIGHT but it absolutely IS reality. It's the world we live in.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:26 PM 01-27-2021
The dumpster fire in Houston will probably hire Fraser who was bludgeoned by Bienemy and the Chiefs last Sunday...
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:26 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Lions reportedly didn't know about the allegations when they hired him.

Look, I'm not saying it's RIGHT but it absolutely IS reality. It's the world we live in.
Everone knows now and the Pats just brought him back. Also when the Lions "found out" they defended him and kept him for three years with a losing record...so tell me how the hell EB should be judged off the back of internet rumours that have no evidence? Smh
[Reply]
Page 67 of 72
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 > Last »
Up