ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chad Henne is a badass thread.
SupDock 05:10 PM 01-17-2021
The stones. Put his body on the line when it mattered the most

He knew he didn't want to be remembered for that interception

#HenneThingIsPossible pic.twitter.com/2TkkWiyf0p

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) January 17, 2021

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 05:39 AM 01-18-2021
Threw an unforgivable interception. I never want to see him takin snaps ever again. You wanna watch a moron run head first into defenders? Become a Ravens fan. If Pat is out next week Moore better fuckin be starting.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:57 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I think Andy got a little too cute in his own head. Realized it was heavily favoring a draw or screen play with the down, yardage, field goal range, and backup QB in. I think he thought the Browns would send a safety up to help and leave one of the receivers open up top. Unfortunately the Browns sat back and played it conservative. The only check down options Henne had were Sherman or Williams who both just released from their blocks when Henne threw it up. Just a completely aggressive play call under the circumstances. That one didn’t pay off but luckily his next gutsy one did.
Yeah, that INT was was bad bad. But I don't understand Reid's logic of avoiding screens or short middle passes just because Cleveland was expecting it. I'd blame playcalling way more than Henne for that INT.

But regardless that dive for the first was a qb who badly wanted to win. Dudes got big balls and a big heart.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:19 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by GingaChief:
I'll just leave this here..

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting chills watching Chad Henne playoff highlights.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:37 AM 01-18-2021
Henne was excellent when he needed to be. Fuck the pick. It was an aggressive play call, because Andy calls plays like a "I'm the defending champ so I DGAF" boss that he is. We've already seen at least two teams (Steelers, Colts) take themselves out of games due to conservative play calling.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:37 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by GingaChief:
I'll just leave this here..

Re-watching it this morning is like watching it for the first time. I was so caught up in emotion watching it live that I didn't even hear most of this commentary. Tony Romo was losing his ever-loving mind. :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:07 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Re-watching it this morning is like watching it for the first time. I was so caught up in emotion watching it live that I didn't even hear most of this commentary. Tony Romo was losing his ever-loving mind. :-)
This duo is so good. Even a few years in Romo announces games with the wonder of a kid watching games for the first time. Nantz has made some of the best calls in chiefs history. Stoked they get the super bowl.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I sat there the entire run up to the snap screaming “Don’t fucking snap it!”
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:10 AM 01-18-2021
:-) You can hear the entire stadium go silent at the snap.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:14 AM 01-18-2021
I couldn't believe it when they actually snapped it.

I figured, a few hard counts to draw them off; take the delay, back up 5yds and punt.

when I saw it snapped, my mouth just dropped open.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:16 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Threw an unforgivable interception. I never want to see him takin snaps ever again. You wanna watch a moron run head first into defenders? Become a Ravens fan. If Pat is out next week Moore better ****in be starting.
Henne did fine. He was probably nervous as hell. Once he calmed down he did alright. Moore is not making that run on 3rd and 14
[Reply]
Donger 10:46 AM 01-18-2021

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:52 AM 01-18-2021
Nantz and Romo were screaming and so hyped up :-)
[Reply]
Wattage4451 11:11 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Threw an unforgivable interception. I never want to see him takin snaps ever again. You wanna watch a moron run head first into defenders? Become a Ravens fan. If Pat is out next week Moore better ****in be starting.
Would you be happier if ontthe previous set of downs henne didnt make a key completion on 3rd down and the chiefs punted the ball instead of the interception? What difference would that really have made?

Like it was a bad throw, but it wasnt a pick six and you are so hung up on that one play. Youre acting like he made it first play he came in game or that it was a pick six.

He made some nice plays earlier in the drive to drive down the field and wouldnt have even been in a position to make that interception if he didnt make nice plays earlier in the drive.

Im not praising henne as a savior, just pointing out your matt moore obsession and hangup on one play is silly.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:29 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
Dude gave his life trying to get that first down. Nothing but respect for my backup QB.
Henne's dead?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:29 AM 01-18-2021
I love Tyreek Hill
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up