ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1781 of 3903
« First < 781128116811731177117771778177917801781 178217831784178517911831188122812781 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 07:02 PM 05-02-2020
Once you initiated that first lockdown the clock was ticking. I think they should have or could have timed it better around the country maybe?

Hell if I know
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:03 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
That horse left the barn in March. For real.

You need to just mentally prepare yourself for it. You should have mentally prepared for it two months ago. We're going to reach 70,000 deaths easy in two months, and that's while half the country is shut down. There's really no evidence this thing is slowing down.
I'm just aghast at the fact that virtually our entire society was able to make such massive sacrifices for wartime efforts 80 years ago--planting Liberty Gardens, no one getting a new car for four years, rations, half of an entire generation going off to war while the other half entered the workforce to replace them--for the better part of four years, yet our society can't make it through four weeks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:03 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I guess I'm trying to understand this a bit better. Would this mean rushed testing of these drugs and could lead the door open for these drugs to be put into the market and have potential terrible side effects that could be even worse than the virus itself?
He means some areas stay shut down, others open up. Look at the effects and judge the difference.
[Reply]
O.city 07:04 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I guess I'm trying to understand this a bit better. Would this mean rushed testing of these drugs and could lead the door open for these drugs to be put into the market and have potential terrible side effects that could be even worse than the virus itself?
Think he’s meaning we’re gonna have 50 random drug trials so we’ll see which works
[Reply]
petegz28 07:04 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It’s the asymptomatic people, who haven’t been accounted for because mass testing is lacking, that will be the problem. Your dumbass should throw a massive party at your house and see what happens to yourself and family.
How you gonna find a those people, jack ass?

You know what, I don't care.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 07:04 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'm just aghast at the fact that virtually our entire society was able to make such massive sacrifices for wartime efforts 80 years ago--planting Liberty Gardens, no one getting a new car for four years, rations, half of an entire generation going off to war while the other half entered the workforce to replace them--for the better part of four years, yet our society can't make it through four weeks.
We're an incredibly spoiled and entitled group.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:05 PM 05-02-2020

A huge part of it is a lack of trust in government and media.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:06 PM 05-02-2020
we lasted longer than i expected.
[Reply]
TLO 07:07 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't disagree with these posts.

However there are so many people out there who have lost jobs,careers, businesses, etc.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:07 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
How you gonna find a those people, jack ass?

You know what, I don't care.

Honestly I’m just trying to get you to do something stupid so you’ll take this seriously.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:07 PM 05-02-2020
Well, yeah!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:08 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Honestly I’m just trying to get you to do something stupid so you’ll take this seriously.
It's not a zero sum game, lew.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:10 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You cant wait to go outside until you know if everyone isn't infected. We would be locked down for a year

That's a blatant misrepresentation. You wait until you have a sustained decrease in caseload and an adequate testing apparatus. It's been done in other countries. You don't have to wait for a year--but you have to wait long enough to reduce transmission. You can also reduce transmission by mandating that everyone wear masks and practicing more diligent hygienic practices.
[Reply]
tk13 07:10 PM 05-02-2020
Hard when you can't see the enemy. Also none of us have lived through something like this so there's no built in respect for it. It had only been about 20 years since the last World War. It also means we have no proven action plan to stop it.

There are things we're doing now, and 20 years from now people are going to look back and say "That was completely stupid."
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:10 PM 05-02-2020
For fucks suck people hoarded fucking toilet paper.

Well atleast we know how humanity will end 1 day.
[Reply]
Page 1781 of 3903
« First < 781128116811731177117771778177917801781 178217831784178517911831188122812781 > Last »
Up