ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 149
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:46 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Denny and Ryan calling a video game.

1985 wins 6-4
[Reply]
lewdog 08:52 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I watched the Mgwire 30 for 30. I had no idea the Cards put him into their Hall a couple years ago. Wow. A known cheater in their Hall. Shows what the BFIBs really think about the integrity of the game.
This post needs a gold box around it.

Let's make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:10 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I watched the Mgwire 30 for 30. I had no idea the Cards put him into their Hall a couple years ago. Wow. A known cheater in their Hall. Shows what the BFIBs really think about the integrity of the game.
Trivia Time.
What Royals pitcher gave up a home run to McGwire in the 1998 season?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:23 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Trivia Time.
What Royals pitcher gave up a home run to McGwire in the 1998 season?
All of them?
[Reply]
Jenson71 09:27 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It did. Bravo!
Dido. Brought me back to 1998. I got a lot of McGwire memorabilia from then.

Also McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, etc need to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Baseball writers are the worst, bunch of ****ing pin head losers.
What was the documentary?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 AM 06-16-2020

[Reply]
Mecca 07:32 AM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This post needs a gold box around it.

Let's make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sports in general are more fun with steroids so...
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:46 PM 06-16-2020

Asa Lacy comes in at #49. Other Royals include Bobby Witt, Jr. (#23), Daniel Lynch (#75), and Kris Bubic (#117). https://t.co/yTFHgL4o1Q

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) June 16, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 06-16-2020
1985 team had George Brett and outstanding starting pitching staff.
2015 team had dominating bullpen, defense and speed.

2015 was the better team. Probably second best Royals team of all time behind 1977.
Depends on who's umpiring 1st base....

{kicks cat...walks away grumbling}
[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 06-16-2020
Oh man that list basically means they don't think very highly of the Royals system...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Manfred and the owners are just a disaster right now.

Saying “waive your legal rights to satisfaction or we won’t play” is just abhorrent.

Fuck. That.
And yet the average fan will STILL blame the players.

Ownership essentially drew a line in the sand at the amount of money they'd have paid the players during a 50 game 'mandated' season. And they used THAT as their anchoring position.

So the players called their bluff.

I mean Jesus - how disingenuous could they be? And how AWFUL at negotiating are they? Did it really never occur to them that the Players might walk away from the table when their last offer was essentially "sure, we'll play a 72 game season if you'll play those extra 22 for free...."

I mean shit, if their goal was to be sneaky and come up with some kind of compromise position so that the players wouldn't file a grievance, at least give them ANYTHING to encourage them to do so. That last offer from MLB was a near carbon copy of the 50 game total payout that the players would have to play 72 games to earn. There was never any chance at all the players would accept it.

So either the owners are just catastrophically bad at this, or there was never a good faith belief that they were gonna mandate those 50 games anyway. Hell, it's almost certainly both.

I used to think they were greedy shitheads but at this point I'm going back to Hanlzon's Razor - never ascribe to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity.

The owners are just fucking dumb.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:33 AM 06-17-2020

More MLB bullying news: I'm hearing that a couple MLB teams are trying to require newly drafted players to sign 2021 contracts instead of 2020, as would be customary. Why? It would give them an extra year of control, essentially turning 7 yr contracts into 8 yr.

— Garrett Broshuis (@broshuis) June 17, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 07:36 AM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And yet the average fan will STILL blame the players.

Ownership essentially drew a line in the sand at the amount of money they'd have paid the players during a 50 game 'mandated' season. And they used THAT as their anchoring position.

So the players called their bluff.

I mean Jesus - how disingenuous could they be? And how AWFUL at negotiating are they? Did it really never occur to them that the Players might walk away from the table when their last offer was essentially "sure, we'll play a 72 game season if you'll play those extra 22 for free...."

I mean shit, if their goal was to be sneaky and come up with some kind of compromise position so that the players wouldn't file a grievance, at least give them ANYTHING to encourage them to do so. That last offer from MLB was a near carbon copy of the 50 game total payout that the players would have to play 72 games to earn. There was never any chance at all the players would accept it.

So either the owners are just catastrophically bad at this, or there was never a good faith belief that they were gonna mandate those 50 games anyway. Hell, it's almost certainly both.

I used to think they were greedy shitheads but at this point I'm going back to Hanlzon's Razor - never ascribe to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity.

The owners are just fucking dumb.
Lots of fans will always blame players because they're jealous. Fans identify with players and see them as "workers" who are playing a game so they get bent out of shape that a guy isn't happy with 4 million dollars.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Eh.

It wouldn't do anything to get them around Rule 5 roster requirements and if you aren't on a 40 man pushing to the big leagues by year 7, you'll be gone by year 8 anyway. No team's gonna carry you on their 40 man for 3+ years to protect you from the Rule 5 and just bury you perpetually in AAA.

There's not much worth huffing about there. There are very few players of any consequence ever lost to minor league free agency. Ryan Ludwick is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:12 PM 06-17-2020
Had a productive meeting today, whatever that means
[Reply]
Page 43 of 149
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up