ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 149
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:12 AM 06-14-2020
Yeah, the negotiations are depressing.

I stand with the players on this one. The owners can’t claim they can only pay the players fractional salaries (after previously agreeing to prorate salaries) while huge deals like this are announced and they refuse to show any of the financials that support the huge losses they’re claiming. It’s unbelievable (literally), especially when you have idiots like Bill DeWitt trying to claim baseball isn’t “very profitable” while just his initial investment in the team has grown by more than 2000 percent since he purchased it.

The owners are being foolish and short-sighted, IMO.
[Reply]
nychief 06:21 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I stand with the players on this one. The owners can’t claim they can only pay the players fractional salaries (after previously agreeing to prorate salaries) while huge deals like this are announced and they refuse to show any of the financials that support the huge losses they’re claiming. It’s unbelievable (literally), especially when you have idiots like John Mozeliak trying to claim baseball isn’t “very profitable” while just his initial investment in the team has grown by more than 2000 percent since he purchased it.

I agree. On top of it the owners thought this negotiation would be a cudgel int the next CBA in 2021.... which has backfired and galvanized the BBPA.

We'll see. The 50 game season will be amazing. The owner will push for a salary cap again...Then will the player strike in 2021? I dunno.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Baseball is also a ticket driven sport when it comes to revenue. It's not pure television dollars when it comes to salaries like the NFL. Its why a market like St. Louis which is in the bottom third tv wise is top 10 in revenue.
In the new NFL contract the TV money is expected to be 85% of their revenue. Baseball needs their ticket revenue.

Baseball is ****ed. The owners aren't straight with their revenue numbers. Thats needs to change. The owners have to open up their books to where the players semi-trust the owners like the NFL, Hockey and NBA players do.

Every sport has a salary cap. The players will shut down baseball and kill it than accept a salary cap if the owners don't open up their books. I love baseball and I think its in serious trouble.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:16 AM 06-14-2020
I hate the fucking owners. Weasely fucks
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:32 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hate the fucking owners. Weasely fucks
What an odd statement. If you believe we live in a free market, then you have to believe both sides are guilty. They’ll work it out and if they don’t, then there wasn’t a fair deal for both. There’s no aspect of life where one side is to blame in a relationship, or where one has all the power.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM 06-14-2020
The union official that acknowledged they would need to renegotiate if there were no fans really fucked this whole thing up.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:12 PM 06-14-2020
I hope the documentary tonight gives me my baseball fix.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:17 PM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What an odd statement. If you believe we live in a free market, then you have to believe both sides are guilty. They’ll work it out and if they don’t, then there wasn’t a fair deal for both. There’s no aspect of life where one side is to blame in a relationship, or where one has all the power.
You'll be extra grumpy this year since your shitty sport will be cancelled for the year
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:46 PM 06-14-2020
Time to thread ban titty meat.

Get the fuck out, douche.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:15 PM 06-14-2020

Get the fuck out, douche.
Good call.

Is it ok that I chuckled at Billay getting banned from this thread in spite of there not being any MLB games played in this calendar year yet? He just can't seem to NOT get banned from Royals threads, lol.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:45 PM 06-14-2020
Did the Royals sign many guys today? Today was the $20,000 limit signings, correct?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:52 PM 06-14-2020

LSU catcher/designated hitter Saul Garza signed a contract with the Kansas City Royals, coach Paul Mainieri told The Advocate. The Royals drafted Garza last year, but Garza turned down their offer to play another season at LSU.

— Wilson Alexander (@whalexander_) June 14, 2020

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:54 PM 06-14-2020

Get the **** out, douche.
He’s on the DC board claiming I got him banned.:-)

Like any mod listens to me lulz
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:57 PM 06-14-2020

I stand with the players on this one. The owners can’t claim they can only pay the players fractional salaries (after previously agreeing to prorate salaries) while huge deals like this are announced and they refuse to show any of the financials that support the huge losses they’re claiming. It’s unbelievable (literally), especially when you have idiots like Bill DeWitt trying to claim baseball isn’t “very profitable” while just his initial investment in the team has grown by more than 2000 percent since he purchased it.

Still not seeing how you can blame one side. Isn’t it just as likely no deal exists that would please both to any degree? This happens all the time in real life.

Company X offers John Doe 60k to work. John Doe has a sal range of 65-75. Are you going to blame the company for not hiring him,or John for not coming down?
[Reply]
tk13 06:18 PM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Still not seeing how you can blame one side. Isn’t it just as likely no deal exists that would please both to any degree? This happens all the time in real life.

Company X offers John Doe 60k to work. John Doe has a sal range of 65-75. Are you going to blame the company for not hiring him,or John for not coming down?
I think both sides have been pretty unwilling to give anything, but usually people side with the owners. This time it's turned a bit different because the owners cut minor leaguers, shortened the draft, cried poor and then turned around and signed a 3 billion TV deal with TBS in the middle of all this.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 149
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up