ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 35
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:32 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He missed alot of pretty routine throws.
You'll have to show me because that's not how I remember it at all.

He had two glaring misses: The first down pass to his RB and the overthrow on the post in the end zone.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

He had two glaring misses: The first down pass to his RB and the overthrow on the post in the end zone.
There was an easy third down throw over the middle to Beasley he missed that would have kept a drive alive. Another one to Diggs that was way off.

I'll go back and watch later.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:42 AM 10-20-2020

They highlighted all of them during the half time show. It was the focal point of their discussion.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:06 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I agree with that. The one thing I think they do get right is weighting yardage different. Gaining 5 on 3 and 5 should be more important than gaining 5 on 3 and 10. I guess it's better to stick with the eye test and take the experts numbers with a grain of salt.
ESPN QBR usually matches pretty good with the eye test. This time they messed it up. I think the grade for Mahomes is very fair. He was pretty good but not perfect. The Allen grade is about 20-30 points higher than it should be. He was a contributing factor in their loss and he admitted this in the press conference.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 10-20-2020

He had 3 or 4 more passes that were a good 2 feet too high. He had a half dozen truly errant throws.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
ESPN QBR usually matches pretty good with the eye test. This time they messed it up. I think the grade for Mahomes is very fair. He was pretty good but not perfect. The Allen grade is about 20-30 points higher than it should be. He was a contributing factor in their loss and he admitted this in the press conference.
Yep.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:40 PM 10-20-2020
I was chatting with a friend & it dawned on both of us that the AFC is taking over for future QB's in the NFL.

Mahomes
Watson
Allen
Jackson
Burrow
Herbert
Tua

The Jets will probably end up with the 1st pick which they will use to get Trevor Lawrence.
[Reply]
swifty32661 03:47 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He had 3 or 4 more passes that were a good 2 feet too high. He had a half dozen truly errant throws.
You don't feel the bad weather conditions had anything to do with it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by swifty32661:
You don't feel the bad weather conditions had anything to do with it?
Of course it did. But to say he only had 2 bad throws isn't accurate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:56 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Of course it did. But to say he only had 2 bad throws isn't accurate.
True. Allen threw several passes that were just puzzling. Not just the accuracy, but the trajectories and velocities were often . . . not receiver-friendly. He seems to have a hard time with touch. A lot of his passes are missiles that just make catching it a lot harder. Then add in the inaccuracy issues, bad timing or whatever . . .
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:58 PM 10-20-2020

Josh Allen having a better QBR than Patrick Mahomes last night is not a great evening for QBR (which I generally like)

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
True. Allen threw several passes that were just puzzling. Not just the accuracy, but the trajectories and velocities were often . . . not receiver-friendly. He seems to have a hard time with touch. A lot of his passes are missiles that just make catching it a lot harder. Then add in the inaccuracy issues, bad timing or whatever . . .
Yeah, he's got a cannon but he's like a fastball pitcher, he doesn't have a great change-up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I agree.

In general, I find ESPN QBR to be about the best rating system out there for QB's. Last night wasn't a great one though.
[Reply]
redfan 04:51 PM 10-20-2020
More like Josh Lollen
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:24 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

[Reply]
Page 19 of 35
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up