ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:58 PM 02-05-2012
I'm not sure where they're going with it. He's cracking, that's all I can tell so far. Everybody they've ever relied on is gone and the leviathans are propped up as maybe the worst thing they've faced, which is saying something. Not sure how they can end this season on a positive note (not that they ever end any season on a positive note).
[Reply]
Bowser 01:01 PM 02-05-2012
This season has been enjoyable, but I keep wondering when they're going to get into the meat of the Leviathan story. There's usally a reference to them every episode, but by and large not much going on since Dick snuffed Bobby.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:24 PM 02-05-2012
There's only been three episodes since Bobby died. I think the next couple are monster of the week, though. Evil clowns next week should be good. Castiel's back in a month, I think (ep 17? next friday is 15), and then he's in two more episodes. So that's probably tied to the leviathans.

I actually don't mind that we aren't seeing them, because the digital effects for them are pretty god-awful.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:02 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's only been three episodes since Bobby died. I think the next couple are monster of the week, though. Evil clowns next week should be good. Castiel's back in a month, I think (ep 17? next friday is 15), and then he's in two more episodes. So that's probably tied to the leviathans.

I actually don't mind that we aren't seeing them, because the digital effects for them are pretty god-awful.
Good points, and as soon as I replied, I realized I wasn't thinking about the mid season break, heh.

And I do agree about the effects. Throw a couple more dollars into the F/X budget, for crying out loud. And isn't Acevedo from the Shield in another show right now? They may be having scheduling conflicts with some of the "name" Leviathans.
[Reply]
Bump 02:02 PM 02-05-2012
I've been waiting to watch this show, guess I'll at least check out the first season.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:07 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by Bump:
I've been waiting to watch this show, guess I'll at least check out the first season.
It's good stuff. Like most shows that survive this long, it drags in parts, and the sibling crap gets a bit pedantic from time to time, but overall it's been one of my favorite shows over the past number of years. Hopefully you enjoy it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:37 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by Bump:
You'll jizz from how good it is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:21 PM 03-23-2012
Started watching this a month or two in recommendation from a friend. I'm just about done with season 3 now.
Spoiler!

Anyway, I like both Sam and Dean. Think they have good chemistry together. It definitely made Tall Tales my fave episode so far. When they were telling the story about what happened from their own perspective and Dean made Sam out to be a big pussy. "You're just too precious for this world" :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 06:49 PM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Started watching this a month or two in recommendation from a friend. I'm just about done with season 3 now.
Spoiler!

Anyway, I like both Sam and Dean. Think they have good chemistry together. It definitely made Tall Tales my fave episode so far. When they were telling the story about what happened from their own perspective and Dean made Sam out to be a big pussy. "You're just too precious for this world" :-)
Yeah, you're in for a treat the more you watch. Good stuff to come. I would recommend you avoid this thread, however. Many spoilers to be had if you're not current with the show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:06 PM 03-25-2012
"We don't even have friends. All our friends are dead."

Never were truer words spoken.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:49 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, you're in for a treat the more you watch. Good stuff to come. I would recommend you avoid this thread, however. Many spoilers to be had if you're not current with the show.
Yeah, I saw that. I caught my first spoiler and stopped reading any further. Good stuff. I had originally thought I was midway through season 3, but I was actually at the end. Now I'm midway through season 4.

Suicide teddy was pretty hilar :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:57 PM 03-25-2012
Yeah, I saw that. I caught my first spoiler and stopped reading any further. Good stuff. I had originally thought I was midway through season 3, but I was actually at the end. Now I'm midway through season 4.

Suicide teddy was pretty hilar :-)
Heh, that was a good episode. The writers on the show do a good job bringing in levity from time to time, because face it, this is some pretty dark subject matter they're dealing with.

Now hurry up and get your ass caught up to present, so the rest of us don't have to chat using spoilers. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:58 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
"We don't even have friends. All our friends are dead."

Never were truer words spoken.
As big of a "no shit" moment on that show as I can remember. Heh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:01 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Heh, that was a good episode. The writers on the show do a good job bringing in levity from time to time, because face it, this is some pretty dark subject matter they're dealing with.

Now hurry up and get your ass caught up to present, so the rest of us don't have to chat using spoilers. :-)
No, go ahead and chat about it in the open. I'm going to stay away from this thread until I finish. I'll probably be done in a couple weeks.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:06 PM 03-25-2012
No, go ahead and chat about it in the open. I'm going to stay away from this thread until I finish. I'll probably be done in a couple weeks.
Have fun. Look forward to hearing your takes.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up