ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Busted ankle and Opioids
Holladay 02:26 PM 03-14-2019
My big dogs were playing with me while I was on a sheet of ice. Boom goes the dynamite!

Surgery, plates and screws. I have a bottle of Oxycodone 5 mg x 42 pills. 1 pill every 4 hrs.

The day after op, I was popping them like candy. Helped a bit. 3 days after, 1 per 3.5 hrs. 6 days post op I will take 2-3 for the whole day. Wakeup, Bedtime and a misc.

So the question is how does a person become addicted to these suckers?

I still have 5 more weeks in the cast, then 2-4 in a boot.

Tomorrow, I'll see if just ibuprofen 200 mg will do.

Do they use get high? Trips? Or is there pseudo pain that people use to feel better?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:49 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
They actually started me on Tylenol 3, then 4, before being bumped to hydrocodone 5, 7.5, and ultimately the 10s. Even though the opiate dosage is higher in the hydrocodone, I felt substantially more lethargic on the codeine
Back in the 80s and 90s they used to give that shit out like candy. It was like a reward for going to the doctor.

I remember being like 10 and and I was having a little allergy issue, nothing big, like a scratch in my throat. My mom goes "sounds like you need some cough syrup" and called the HMO up "yes, my son is in need of an expectorant, yeah...something with Codeine...thanks."

And she went picked up this GIANT bottle of syzzurp. Without me ever seeing or even talking to the doctor. Huge. Tall boy. And I'm like, "why is my mom drinking my cough syrup?"

About an hour later and a couple decent swigs of my own, I was cleaning my room and listening to Led Zeppelin I on cassette (remember those?) and all the sudden, this overwhelming urge to lay down came over me...and as I was laying in bed, listening to Zep and staring at the posters of GNR, Mötley Crüe, and The Black Crowes on my wall (pre-grunge era), I realized exactly why my mom was drinking my cough syrup - because it was DELICIOUS.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 07:05 PM 05-08-2020
I only took Opioids once about 5 years ago just before I when to bed. I spent the next four hours with major hiccups.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:07 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I only took Opioids once about 5 years ago just before I when to bed. I spent the next four hours with major hiccups.

[Reply]
philfree 07:27 PM 05-08-2020
Crazy coincident this thread. Just last Monday my Little Sister who is 53 years old got frisky and went to do a cheerleader jump and when she landed she broke both ankles. :-) She has surgery on Tuesday but I'm sure she's on the meds. God bless her dumbass!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:40 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
Crazy coincident this thread. Just last Monday my Little Sister who is 53 years old got frisky and went to do a cheerleader jump and when she landed she broke both ankles. :-) She has surgery on Tuesday but I'm sure she's on the meds. God bless her dumbass!
She single?
[Reply]
philfree 10:00 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
She single?
LOL …..run!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:02 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
LOL …..run!
Why? She sure can't :-)
[Reply]
philfree 10:03 PM 05-08-2020
:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 11:18 PM 05-08-2020
My kid broke both wrists a few weeks back. One was an open fracture requiring stitches. The other needed pins. He was off the Oxy in 2 days and down to ibuprofen. We are still giving him CBD at night but no other pain meds, and that's mainly to help a 12 year old, who is used to constant athletic activity and now getting very little, sleep.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:23 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My kid broke both wrists a few weeks back. One was an open fracture requiring stitches. The other needed pins. He was off the Oxy in 2 days and down to ibuprofen. We are still giving him CBD at night but no other pain meds, and that's mainly to help a 12 year old, who is used to constant athletic activity and now getting very little, sleep.
Jesus. That's terrible.

Wiping must suck...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:25 PM 05-08-2020
I was lucky enough to be on painkillers post-surgery when the Clone Wars premiered.

Being high + cartoons = LIVING
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:26 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I was lucky enough to be on painkillers post-surgery when the Clone Wars premiered.

Being high + cartoons = LIVING
Amen, friend.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:04 AM 05-09-2020
:-)

This might be your best post ever
[Reply]
NewChief 06:06 AM 05-09-2020
Jesus. That's terrible.

Wiping must suck...
Yeah. I thought I was done feeding him and wiping his ass. It's been a challenge. A little over a week until he gets removable braces. So that will be awesome.
[Reply]
oldman 07:46 AM 05-09-2020
I've broken the same ankle twice. The last time I did it, I required surgery and got an 8 inch plate along with 17 pins for my effort since both bones were broken. They kept pushing the oxy on me and I kept telling them no. It wasn't pleasant but I got by. When I had my hip replaced, they tried again with both oxy and Tylenol 3, but I'm a stubborn old coot, so all they could get down me was ibuprofen.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up