ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 94
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
tredadda 10:17 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Here's one of those strawmen again...
If you weren’t comparing them with all those comparisons then what were you doing?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:17 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
So we traded our 2014 first round pick for a 2020 second?
Yes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:17 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Now we are admittedly early on in the Veach era (who, for the record, wasn't even the guy who MADE said pick).
Funny how that works huh? Veach gets all the credit for Mahomes and none of the blame for "the ability to identify defense" yet Dorsey gets all the blame and none of the credit.

Pfffff :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's completely wrong. He's always flashed the ability. The only difference between last season and season's prior is that he stayed healthy.

Otherwise, he was the same damn player he's always been.

Only the CP hive mind that thinks everyone sucks thought otherwise.
Except very few people actually said he "sucks". The injuries were always the issue.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Except very few people actually said he "sucks". The injuries were always the issue.
And very few people are saying he's Lawrence Taylor.

If I have to parry away straw men, so do y'all...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Soooo trruuueee!!

I was always a fan. A big fan actually. I've always thought of Dorsey as a top GM.
We get it. He's your relation or something.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:20 AM 03-13-2019
I was phone posting from a pickup and didn't have a good way to use several words to relay the fact that I think we're spinning our wheels while our best seasons of Mahomes tick down.

My point is that Grigson was a horseshit GM that got a single pick right...and then proceeded to do very little around that pick to take full advantage of it. Now we are admittedly early on in the Veach era (who, for the record, wasn't even the guy who MADE said pick), but Imma need to see a LOT more than I've seen from him thus far.

Again, just throwing stupid money at Watkins and Matthieu doesn't impress me. Spending more than the other guy is willing to spend ain't that tough.

Go rehab Hitchens and make his contract an asset. Go get Fuller signed below market like Dorsey was able to do with Kelce (what a goddamn steal that's been). Go sign a Mitchell Schwartz at a !@#$ing HEIST of a contract.

Go do half of what Dorsey did before you. Because right now I see a guy that's willing to spend on credit and take sub-optimal trades to get rid of his most talented defenders.

He's not been very impressive at all and the only difference between what he's done and what Grigson did was time. He's two steps down the path to Grigsonville and he'd better find a different one to walk in a hurry.
All of this. Dorsey demonstrated that he was a great GM. Veach has certainly not done that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:21 AM 03-13-2019

Go do half of what Dorsey did before you. Because right now I see a guy that's willing to spend on credit and take sub-optimal trades to get rid of his most talented defenders.
Boggles my mind that a guy that's apparently worth $90M, who the 49ers called a top pass rusher in the league, is only worth next years second. Essentially a 3rd.

And lol @ wishful thinking that the 9ers are just going to suck because reasons.

The Raiders thought the Bears were gonna suck too....
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
All of this. Dorsey demonstrated that he was a great GM. Veach has certainly not done that.
Dorsey demonstrated he was at least above average. Great? Nope. That's a pretty big word.

I agree on Veach. He hasn't proven anything but if I had to grade him so far, it wouldn't be close to where I'd grade Dorsey - people need to be fair.
[Reply]
FAX 10:21 AM 03-13-2019
DJ's right, sorry.

This place LOVED Dorsey...until he was fired. Then all of a sudden he couldn't draft defense and sucked at contracts.
I wasn't around during all of that, so I don't know about how the Planet felt about him. Based on what I've read since returning, it appears people bitched about AS11. Apparently, quite a few people complained about the defense. But okay ...

What I do know is that Dorsey is a scout. That's what he is. He should never have been elevated to the GM level. Never. He lacks the scope of skills necessary to the "entire" job. I am convinced of that. We had Ballard and Dorsey ran him off because they were incompatible and Dorsey had the keys. Think about that.

But it's okay. We all have strengths and shortcomings we have to take that in stride. But when people start projecting Demi-God-Like Powers on Dorsey ... well ... I'm out.

I can almost guarantee that, unless there's a work-stoppage or brand-new CBA, Dorsey will utterly bankrupt the Browns in 3 years. Market down.

FAX
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:22 AM 03-13-2019
John Dorsey was arguably the very best GM in the league at drafting during his Chiefs tenure but people are still saying why he couldn't find such and such player (on defense).

So silly..

You look at the global picture. He is as good as you can get. And he did have several good picks on defense (Jones, Peters, Nelson, Ford, etc.).

Veach might be just as good though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 AM 03-13-2019
And very few people are saying he's Lawrence Taylor.

If I have to parry away straw men, so do y'all...
Who ever accused anybody of comparing him to Lawrence Taylor.

That's HYPERBOLE!

Where' the hyperbole police?!?!?! :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:24 AM 03-13-2019
I was phone posting from a pickup and didn't have a good way to use several words to relay the fact that I think we're spinning our wheels while our best seasons of Mahomes tick down.

My point is that Grigson was a horseshit GM that got a single pick right...and then proceeded to do very little around that pick to take full advantage of it. Now we are admittedly early on in the Veach era (who, for the record, wasn't even the guy who MADE said pick), but Imma need to see a LOT more than I've seen from him thus far.

Again, just throwing stupid money at Watkins and Matthieu doesn't impress me. Spending more than the other guy is willing to spend ain't that tough.

Go rehab Hitchens and make his contract an asset. Go get Fuller signed below market like Dorsey was able to do with Kelce (what a goddamn steal that's been). Go sign a Mitchell Schwartz at a !@#$ing HEIST of a contract.

He's not been very impressive at all and the only difference between what he's done and what Grigson did was time. He's two steps down the path to Grigsonville and he'd better find a different one to walk in a hurry.
I do agree that he doesn't have the best track record in negotiation.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 03-13-2019
Boggles my mind that a guy that's apparently worth $90M, who the 49ers called a top pass rusher in the league, is only worth next years second. Essentially a 3rd.

And lol @ wishful thinking that the 9ers are just going to suck because reasons.

The Raiders thought the Bears were gonna suck too....
Well when you also have to give him 90 M that lowers his trade value.

It’s pretty close to what the Pats got for Chandler Jones, who’s a much better player with no injury concerns.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:25 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I wasn't around during all of that, so I don't know about how the Planet felt about him. Based on what I've read since returning, it appears people bitched about AS11. Apparently, quite a few people complained about the defense. But okay ...

What I do know is that Dorsey is a scout. That's what he is. He should never have been elevated to the GM level. Never. He lacks the scope of skills necessary to the "entire" job. I am convinced of that. We had Ballard and Dorsey ran him off because they were incompatible and Dorsey had the keys. Think about that.

But it's okay. We all have strengths and shortcomings we have to take that in stride. But when people start projecting Demi-God-Like Powers on Dorsey ... well ... I'm out.

I can almost guarantee that, unless there's a work-stoppage or brand-new CBA, Dorsey will utterly bankrupt the Browns in 3 years. Market down.

FAX
:-)

Ok sure Dorsey should never have been elevated to GM.

He made a terrible team become a perennial playoffs team and now a power house.

He is about to do the same with the factory of sadness.

Sure, he shouldn't be a GM.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 94
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up