ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 94
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 06:25 AM 03-13-2019
If he likes Dee Ford shouldn't he be happy for him then? Guy is getting a huge payday more than I ever thought Dee Ford would get.
[Reply]
penchief 06:30 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
LOL... Yall pull so much shit out of yalls asses in order to make a point...

ONE play and Ford doesn't have discipline. How many other flags did he draw all season? Keep in mind that KC was the MOST penalized team in the league last year.
One play? How many times has Ford made that same stupid mistake of lining up offsides? Once or twice might be forgivable but he's done it multiple times over the years and never learned from it. And in the most crucial moment of the most important game the chiefs have played in decades, he doesn't have enough awareness to line up correctly. That is most definitely a lack of discipline.
[Reply]
scho63 06:33 AM 03-13-2019
Imagine last years defense with no pass rush...
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
They'd finish near the bottom of the league in most every category...?
They would have let up 40 a game.......if we don't get any pressure on the QB we will be a .500 team.
[Reply]
Best22 06:35 AM 03-13-2019
This dude is probably just an Auburn fan

Ford is a 49er now. He’s a nice player but not someone to build a defense around, not at that price
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 06:42 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If he likes Dee Ford shouldn't he be happy for him then? Guy is getting a huge payday more than I ever thought Dee Ford would get.
... but I'm a life long Chiefs fan...
[Reply]
penchief 06:45 AM 03-13-2019
Then you should understand why the majority here is not upset with not paying Ford big money, even if it was only for this year.
[Reply]
bigdaddychieffan 06:46 AM 03-13-2019
I’m happy we have more money to spend in a different way now. Ford was a good pass rusher but that was it. He sucked against the run and got faked out more than a time or two on bootlegs. No way he was worth the contract that he got paid. We need to get some pass rush help but I really think we have the players in the wings already. Speaks is going to be good he just needs the opportunity. And in the 4/3 he is set up better.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:46 AM 03-13-2019
You would hope to get a pick this year so you have another year to work while Mahomes is on his rookie deal, but it's fair compensation for an inconsistent and injury prone player with only one dimension to his game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:47 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
This dude is probably just an Auburn fan

Ford is a 49er now. He’s a nice player but not someone to build a defense around, not at that price

Exactly.

He’s an incomplete player. He’s talking now about how he wasn’t heavy enough last year because of an offseason injury, and that’s why his run D suffered “a little.”

They can draft a player who fits better Year 1 at the LEO and improved the run D, and spread the money round to other spots and come out ahead overall.

Give me a Sweat/Omenihu/etc. in the draft and a situational pass rusher in FA (Shane Ray, Markus Golden, etc) and another vet CB or S, and ill take that over Ford and just the draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:51 AM 03-13-2019
Hopefully the 49ers suck again.

There’s a decent chance that’s a top 10 pick in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:52 AM 03-13-2019
And a product of Alabama’s #47 in the nation educational system, apparently.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:01 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Woah, they've apparently climbed the ranks a couple spots.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:04 AM 03-13-2019
Your long-term fandom of Ford is coloring the glasses you use to view him.

Actually, I hated taking Dee in the first round. As an Auburn fan I knew of his elite quickness off the line but I also knew of his deficiencies against the run and in pass coverage.

Yes, he has had two good pass rush seasons. Out of five in the NFL. Consistently elite as a pass rusher? One out of five seasons of elite pass rusher performance does not equal that.

Players don't get better with experience??? You just gloss over the fact that his last those two double digit sack seasons are 2 of the last 3, and the one season he didn't was shortened by injury.

Mathieu is coming off back-to-back full seasons. Watkins is definitely a consistent and ongoing injury concern, but he also amps up the Chiefs offense to a different level, which was the point in getting him.

I would take Dee at $16MM for one year over both of those deals. And I think that's what y'all are missing. We are trying up our money on the least valuable positions (WR/SS/ILB), with players who have injury concerns, and letting more valuable guys walk for the same reasons.

We basically swapped Dee for Mathieu. Cap space is basically the same, and I don't think there would be too much of a difference between the compensatory pick we would get for letting Dee go NEXT year and the second we received in exchange (which is NEXT YEAR TOO). Pass rushers are coveted so the odds of a comparable edge rusher falling to us in the draft is far lower than us landing a Honey Badger type talent.

So, we've potentially sacrificed our pass rush for what? I don't see what we've gained.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:04 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Wanna compare tax returns?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:12 AM 03-13-2019
Wanna compare tax returns?
Wanna compare cocks?
[Reply]
Page 49 of 94
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up