ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 94
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Exactly.

And had we waited an extra year to sign him we would have had to pay more than that.

He was gone either way - this way we get a 2nd round pick...
This place whines incessantly about Eric Berry for almost a year and then freaks out like Kylie Jenner's boyfriend when the team cuts ties with Dee Ford.

SchizoPlanet.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:41 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This place whines incessantly about Eric Berry for almost a year and then freaks out like Kylie Jenner's boyfriend when the team cuts ties with Dee Ford.

SchizoPlanet.
I use to drink all the time while on CP. I mean probably 90% of the time I was on here. It was a hobby I was good at.

I don't know what the fuck ya'lls excuse is...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:00 PM 03-12-2019
I love CP :-)

Someone tell me if I should freak out or not! I'm not sure which take I should go with.

He's elite.
He's too expensive!
He can't set the edge.
He's injured.
He lined up off sides. Fuck him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:

Someone tell me if I should freak out or not! I'm not sure which take I should go with.

He's elite.
He's too expensive!
He can't set the edge.
He's injured.
He lined up off sides. Fuck him.
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:03 PM 03-12-2019
I'm fine with it. Return is a little less than I was expecting, but whatever. I'm just glad they seem to be serious about rebuilding the defense.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:16 PM 03-12-2019
Overpaying often injured players at or close to 30 doesn't either...
I get that the braintrust is trying to balance talent on the field vs future financial liability. In these categories I think Badger vs Houston is likely a wash. Maybe a slightly better financial situation for a slightly worse talent situation. Letting go of Ford is great on the balance sheet but is the loss of our biggest difference maker on defense — it is unrealistic to think we will come close to replacing his productivity, even accounting for his average play against the run. Nelson was marginal, but will cost resources to replace — the names floated, other than Patrick Peterson, are essentially breaking even in the talent department at corner. Right now — even accounting for the fact this isn’t the final product — it seems quite likely that the talent on defense will be worse than last year.

Which brings up the Spags tax. Switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 seems to have caused us to become worse just from the fact that a couple of our star players no longer fit the scheme. Perhaps getting a DC who was comfortable with the 3-4 deserved consideration given the significant talent in the front 5. We were a few pieces away from a mediocre defense. We are now a few pices and a star player away.

Yet several people are dancing in the streets as if we just canned Pioli.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:16 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So fucking glad he’s gone.

Now Berry should be next.
As a fan who loves defense more than offense( though with Mahomes it's easier to love them both ), I've never been happier. Or, I should say that I have not been this happy in almost two decades. I really wanted this to happen, all of it, and it finally did; we took the last of a near-two decade field of defensive thorns, and scorched that fucker back to Mother Nature. Now we are free to build from the ground-up under the direction and leadership of some of the best minds in the business today, unhindered by any particular player, his baggage, or his contract. This is long-overdue.

As I sit here thinking about Ford, Houston, and Berry, I realize they all three share some common threads:

1) As long as the team wins, who cares about my personal game? I'm just happy to let Mahomes shoulder the load.

2) I'm going to play to my potential in a contract year and after I get paid, see item #1.

3) I'm one of the best defenders on this team, so MY worth is far greater than that of any of these other guys.....Oh shit, I just got shown the door! :-)

4) A ring would be great but this is an injury league so guarantee my money first and then we can discuss the merits of hardware, please.

Overpaying often injured players at or close to 30 doesn't either...
But getting rid of them after getting their best play and before they completely drag your cap down feels fucking WONDERFUL.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:18 PM 03-12-2019
The 49ers just gave a guy who has more bad years than good, is 28, and has a lengthy injury history NINETY MILLION DOLLARS.

Let that sink in for a minute.
As I mentioned earlier, it's payback for Bono and Grbac.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Letting go of Ford is great on the balance sheet but is the loss of our biggest difference maker on defense — it is unrealistic to think we will come close to replacing his productivity, even accounting for his average play against the run.
You're assuming that his production wouldn't have to be replaced anyway, like it was 2 years ago. In the current scenario, they got a 2nd round pick and $16M of cap space to replace his production. If they kept him and he got hurt again, they'd just be freaking screwed.

You can't just assume that his 2018 season was the norm and pay him like a top pass rusher when he really only did it one year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:20 PM 03-12-2019

SchizoPlanet.
Yep.

What a useless piece of shit

Why didn't we get the 49ers entire draft for that future hall of famet
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:

He's elite.
He's too expensive!
He can't set the edge.
He's injured.
He lined up off sides. **** him.
Just to be safe, you should start freaking out and not quit until KC wins it all.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:23 PM 03-12-2019
Which brings up the Spags tax. Switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 seems to have caused us to become worse just from the fact that a couple of our star players no longer fit the scheme. Perhaps getting a DC who was comfortable with the 3-4 deserved consideration given the significant talent in the front 5. We were a few pieces away from a mediocre defense. We are now a few pices and a star player away.

Yet several people are dancing in the streets as if we just canned Pioli.
And here is the thing: did we decide to hire Spags and he didn't like the talent or did we realize we were going to have to let go of the talent and then decide we might as well go with Spags now?

It's very likely our GM gave consideration to who we would and wouldn't resign before this offseason. He's the GM. Its' their job to think ahead...
[Reply]
cdcox 11:26 PM 03-12-2019
You're assuming that his production wouldn't have to be replaced anyway, like it was 2 years ago. In the current scenario, they got a 2nd round pick and $16M of cap space to replace his production. If they kept him and he got hurt again, they'd just be freaking screwed.

You can't just assume that his 2018 season was the norm and pay him like a top pass rusher when he really only did it one year.
He was a raw talent when we drafted him. A project that panned out. He’s on an upward trajectory with two seasons over 10 sacks. We have no replacement talent.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:27 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
But getting rid of them after getting their best play and before they completely drag your cap down feels ****ing WONDERFUL.
It's what good teams do.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:28 PM 03-12-2019
He was a raw talent when we drafted him. A project that panned out. He’s on an upward trajectory with two seasons over 10 sacks. We have no replacement talent.
The talent behind him is better suited to a 4-3 defense.

Is it 10 sacks good?

Probably not but we don't know yet...
[Reply]
Page 41 of 94
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up