ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 29
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cast Iron Skillets. You dig them?
Fritz88 12:54 PM 11-08-2011

What's the best way to cook a burger at home, on a gas stove?

I heard that Cast Iron Skillets are the way to go.

Would you agree? Have you tried burgers on them?
[Reply]
Buzz 09:22 PM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Instead of reading through all of this, here's my deal. Have a cast iron skillet in which everything is sticking to.

How do I go about re-seasoning this and make it easy!?
Stop cleaning the piss out of it?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:25 PM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Stop cleaning the piss out of it?
I don't! I scrub grits out with salt and paper towel. Then run water in it. Then dry it. That's it. It's a pre-seasoned lodge and I never seasoned it. I bet that's my problem.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:37 PM 10-01-2015
I don't! I scrub grits out with salt and paper towel. Then run water in it. Then dry it. That's it. It's a pre-seasoned lodge and I never seasoned it. I bet that's my problem.
Prolly. Once you do you'll be super happy.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:26 AM 10-02-2015

:-)

Just start seasoning. Heat on high for 5 minutes, 1 Tbsp. Canola oil, smear all over with paper towel so all you have is a very thin layer. You do NOT want drops or any areas of thick oil. Back on the burner (high) for 10 minutes. It will smoke. This is good.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Do this every time you cook in it and soon you'll have that thing in awesome shape.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:55 AM 10-02-2015
I got one I use all the time on my grill but the first time I used it last year I made a mistake and grabbed it by the handle before it cooled off good enough. OUCH THE FUCK OUCH. Got to make sure the handle is cooled off before grabbing it.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:30 AM 10-02-2015
I am cooking almost everything in my cast iron when I can't use my grill. I moved and as a result got a gas stove top vs. the crappy 1950s electric stove top I had before. My God has it made a difference.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:34 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I got one I use all the time on my grill but the first time I used it last year I made a mistake and grabbed it by the handle before it cooled off good enough. OUCH THE FUCK OUCH. Got to make sure the handle is cooled off before grabbing it.
I made the wet dish towel as a pot holder mistake once.
[Reply]
DaveNull 07:03 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I got one I use all the time on my grill but the first time I used it last year I made a mistake and grabbed it by the handle before it cooled off good enough. OUCH THE **** OUCH. Got to make sure the handle is cooled off before grabbing it.
They make holders. Won't help when you pop the pan in the oven or on the grill but for stove top cooking it's nice.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:01 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I am cooking almost everything in my cast iron when I can't use my grill. I moved and as a result got a gas stove top vs. the crappy 1950s electric stove top I had before. My God has it made a difference.

I got gas a few years ago. Will not go back.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:08 PM 10-02-2015
If you had ask me to predict a thread that would still be going strong four years after creation, I probably wouldn't have predicted this thread.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:37 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
:-)
What's this face for?

And thanks. I have one pan that rocks (had for 2 years) and I always smear in some oil and get it hot for 10 minutes before I cook. After I clean it out I put some oil in it before I store it. I use the pan multiple times a week.

Wife had me cook eggs in the crappy one last night and the scrambled eggs just stuck everywhere. Bad idea. Had to soap, water and scrub that bitch to get it out. I'll re-season it this weekend, maybe doing Martha's method in the oven a few times.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:43 PM 10-02-2015
What's this face for?

Just for having never seasoned it. Definitely going to stick if you don't season. Eggs, especially.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:48 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Just for having never seasoned it. Definitely going to stick if you don't season. Eggs, especially.
It's pre-seasoned dammit!!!!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:51 PM 10-02-2015
Well, the Chiefs looked good in the preseason and you see how that's working out so far. Season that bitch and stop being the Alex Smith of the kitchen. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:51 PM 10-02-2015
Was it 4-0 then too? Then went to shit....
[Reply]
Page 22 of 29
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up