ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you feel about a K.C. Wildcat offense?
cardken 11:50 AM 08-04-2010
The Wildcat in K.C.
August, 3, 2010
ESPNBLog

By Bill Williamson
The Kansas City Chiefs wasted no time in tinkering with the Wildcat formation Saturday. New offensive coordinator Charlie Weis dedicated an entire period to the formation.

Our sound-off question to Kansas City fans is does that notion excite you? Do you think the Wildcat (perhaps the WildChief) would work in Kansas City? Or do you think the Wildcat is passé and Kansas City should just keep its offense traditional.

With Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones and rookie receiver Dexter McCluster all Wildcat candidates, it could be an interesting wrinkle in Weis’ playbook. Hit my mailbag with your thoughts on how you think it would affect Kansas City’s offense. I will post some of your responses later in the week.
[Reply]
Calcountry 01:54 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Sure. Why not? What does the team really have to lose?
16 games? :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:54 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing:
Dallas runs it. Jets run it. Chargers run it. Vikings run it. Philly does too...
Posted via Mobile Device
And yet the Dolphins are the only ones who really get much use out of it. It's a gimmick that everyone wants to try and yet no one really has any notable success with. I'd rather they left this wildcat shit to the Dolphins.

Anyhow, I highly doubt we see much of it in the regular season anyway.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:59 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
BTW, Your a good cat. I am just messing with you... Just seeing how far I can push your buttons before you go all Carl on me and tell me to :-).

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231478
I answered that question:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
By unacceptable I mean that the organization needs to start making plans for a replacement. I realize that isn't going to happen this year.

If he doesn't dramatically increase his sack numbers and/or improve dramatically against the run, he doesn't deserve a starting position, IMO. If you aspire to be a championship team, you can't have players that are liabilities in 2/3 of his responsibilities.

[Reply]
Rausch 02:05 PM 08-04-2010
I'm pissed the Chiefs suddenly decided to go unconventional after firing, by far, the best OC in the league at lulling you in/making the D commit/BOOM trickeration (thanks forever to "W" for that'n) for a TD! We had nothing outside of a talented (when he could catch) WR, LJ (remember, this is going INTO last season,) and a brand new QB.

But, what'd done is done. Our OC and DC are both unconventional (which I think kicks major ass) and this whole team, IMHO, will look completely different come game 3 or 4 or 5 once the kinks are worked out.

I don't think there will be any semblance of the "Haley Year" offense at all...
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 02:11 PM 08-04-2010
Maybe if we get Thiggy back.
[Reply]
-King- 02:16 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
how much?

Miami "runs it"...which means it is integral to their offense.....other teams 'run it' to the extent it is a gadget in their offensive playbook....

teams with real QB's are wasting much time with it
That's pretty much the point of it all. It's good in moderation. Like 1 or 2 snaps a game.

I don't like the wildcat either. It's effectiveness decreased rapidly from 2008 to 2009. But if we can use a play here and there, I have no problem.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:19 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
Maybe if we get Thigpen back.

Once, a comment was made on a BB so retarded that the universe belched in agony, and then suffered a complete prolapse. The sheer force of this rip was enough to toss 3 bewildered strangers into our world and allow despair into the heart of God for the first time...

...these three heroes were born to fix a universal wrong!

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:21 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
how much?

Miami "runs it"...which means it is integral to their offense.....other teams 'run it' to the extent it is a gadget in their offensive playbook....

teams with real QB's are wasting much time with it
according to who? how do you know they are wasting time with it?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say your probably meant aren't?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:30 PM 08-04-2010
how bout we worry about learning to execute our offense first before learning a gimmick trick offense
[Reply]
Rausch 02:31 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
how bout we worry about learning to execute our offense first before learning a gimmick trick offense
Or establishing WHAT our offense is now...
[Reply]
the Talking Can 02:31 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
according to who? how do you know they are wasting time with it?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say your probably meant aren't?
yes, it was a typo...
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 03:00 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by cardken:
The Wildcat in K.C.
August, 3, 2010
ESPNBLog

By Bill Williamson
The Kansas City Chiefs wasted no time in tinkering with the Wildcat formation Saturday. New offensive coordinator Charlie Weis dedicated an entire period to the formation.

Our sound-off question to Kansas City fans is does that notion excite you? Do you think the Wildcat (perhaps the WildChief) would work in Kansas City? Or do you think the Wildcat is passé and Kansas City should just keep its offense traditional.

With Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones and rookie receiver Dexter McCluster all Wildcat candidates, it could be an interesting wrinkle in Weis’ playbook. Hit my mailbag with your thoughts on how you think it would affect Kansas City’s offense. I will post some of your responses later in the week.
a little trickery doesn't hurt
[Reply]
Stewie 03:48 PM 08-04-2010
I miss the days of Tyler Thigpen catching long passes for touchdowns! :-)
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 04:07 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Once, a comment was made on a BB so retarded that the universe belched in agony, and then suffered a complete prolapse. The sheer force of this rip was enough to toss 3 bewildered strangers into our world and allow despair into the heart of God for the first time...

...these three heroes were born to fix a universal wrong!

Tyler Thigpen > Len Dawson
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:33 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Calcountry:
16 games? :-)
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
Tyler Thigpen > Len Dawson
:-):-):-)

Just...wow.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >