ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
KC_Connection 01:50 AM 03-27-2021
Nowhere near as unique, interesting, or enjoyable as WandaVision for me so far. I didn't particularly expect it to be, but hopefully this goes somewhere.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:25 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Nowhere near as unique, interesting, or enjoyable as WandaVision for me so far. I didn't particularly expect it to be, but hopefully this goes somewhere.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 PM 03-27-2021
I read The Hobbit, . . . in 1937, when it first came out. . . .
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:28 AM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I read The Hobbit, . . . in 1937, when it first came out. . . .
That was a funny joke
[Reply]
unlurking 08:19 AM 03-28-2021
I've enjoyed it so far. It's been "simple" and fun. The interactions between the Falcon and the Snowman, err, I mean Winter Soldier, have been really funny. The therapy session was hilarious and timed well to be short and funny without too much *feelz*. It's definitely not a though provoking mystery filled with hints and false trails for people to crazy over, but it's not supposed to be. Can't figure out why yet, but for some reason the humor reminds me of The Greatest American Hero. Totally different show and have no idea why it's giving me that vibe,
[Reply]
Fish 12:21 PM 03-29-2021
The Walker character is a bit annoying. They're toying with him being a nice guy who really cares for the country. But at the same time he's a weird looking turbo douche who I immediately wanted to hate.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
The Walker character is a bit annoying. They're toying with him being a nice guy who really cares for the country. But at the same time he's a weird looking turbo douche who I immediately wanted to hate.
Agreed, and I feel the same about his partner as well.

I'm not sure why they chose to include such unlikeable characters for this series but so far, I'm just watching to watch, not because I'm actually enjoying it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:46 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
A good twist would be that there’s no twist with him. He actually turns out to be an earnest guy who wants to do good. But they continue to toy with your expectations that he’s going to do something bad.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:59 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
A good twist would be that there’s no twist with him. He actually turns out to be an earnest guy who wants to do good. But they kept toying with your expectations that he’s going to do something bad.
I enjoy narratives with the nuance to let people be vaguely imperfect without being black hat/white hat archetypes. Movies and TV have enough problems with narrative compression obliterating detail and they don't need continued overuse of shortcuts.

But that ham-handed patrolmen scene, coupled with the general culture of Disney/MCU doesn't give me much faith for courageous storytelling on that particular point.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:06 PM 03-29-2021
I enjoy narratives with the nuance to let people be vaguely imperfect without being black hat/white hat archetypes. Movies and TV have enough problems with narrative compression obliterating detail and they don't need continued overuse of shortcuts.

But that ham-handed patrolmen scene, coupled with the general culture of Disney/MCU doesn't give me much faith for courageous storytelling on that particular point.
In the comics USAgent is a hero but he is also an asshole.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:06 AM 03-31-2021
If WandaVision (maybe even throw in The Mandalorian) is anything to go by, these shows are going to give the illusion that risks are being taken and your expectations could at any moment be shattered, but it's always going to lead back to the sterile, focus-tested outcome.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If WandaVision (maybe even throw in The Mandalorian) is anything to go by, these shows are going to give the illusion that risks are being taken and your expectations could at any moment be shattered, but it's always going to lead back to the sterile, focus-tested outcome.
Yeah, when it comes to week to week action, I'm getting big 'Perils of Pauline' vibes, whether you call it recycling or homage.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:57 PM 03-30-2021
Curious about input from the completists.

I've been 'pretty' good about keeping up, but I have a few holes. I think they are minor holes, but wondered if there was something 'essential' I was missing.

Seen all the cinematic releases except; ThorII, IronManII, and Captain Marvel. Seems like those are on the lower end of ratings, so is there anything I need to go back and fill-in. OTOH, the only MCU on TV/Stream I've seen is; SHIELD S1, and the last two, WV and F&tWS. I've heard mutterings of some of the other stuff being good, but just never committed to a season binge on any of it.

I guess there are two tracks regarding interest, . . . if I'm missing something essential to the story, or alternatively if I'm missing something really special in its own right.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:19 AM 03-31-2021
While I understand not wanting to see CM, I'd say it's still better than the other 2 films you haven't watched. CM also has more relevance moving forward in the MCU. I'd still watch them all though, but that's just me.

EDIT: JMO regarding CM, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as many said. I know Brie pissed off a lot of people pre-release, but if you take that away and just watch the movie it is an ABSOLUTE SHIT TON (formal comic book metric) better than WW2. WW2 is the first movie I've turned off halfway through in a very long time.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:47 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
While I understand not wanting to see CM, I'd say it's still better than the other 2 films you haven't watched. CM also has more relevance moving forward in the MCU. I'd still watch them all though, but that's just me.

EDIT: JMO regarding CM, but I didn't think it was nearly as bad as many said. I know Brie pissed off a lot of people pre-release, but if you take that away and just watch the movie it is an ABSOLUTE SHIT TON (formal comic book metric) better than WW2. WW2 is the first movie I've turned off halfway through in a very long time.
Captain Marvel will be a big part of the mcu going forward.
I dont cars for what Gina said but I wouldn't stop watching mando if she remained.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up